The Mole: Bulldogs miss out on Broncos hooker but could snare Manly star

Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...ai-arrow/f27bd3fd-08a9-49cf-9246-1c6911adbfb2

The Bulldogs seem destined to miss out on Broncos hooker Jake Turpin, but may come up with an even better prize - Manly jack-in-the-box Api Koroisau.

As Wide World of Sports predicted last week, the Fijian international has been given permission to negotiate with rival clubs by the Sea Eagles.

One of the best dummy-halves in the game, Koroisau has already attracted interest from the Warriors but the Bulldogs are prepared to launch a massive bid to sign him.

The hooking spot has been one of Canterbury’s biggest problems in recent seasons and signing Koroisau would be a huge coup for the club.

Turpin, another livewire in hot demand, looks likely to remain with the Broncos.

----

I wonder why we missed out on Turpin. We will have competition from Tigers and Warriors for Api. If only we could poach Fainu from Manly.

Malla

Reaction score
Not mad at that at all.

Not sold on offering a big deal to a young unproven hooker (look at what happened with Lichaa lol)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Best hooker available at the minute in my opinion. The only worry is his injury history but if we keep JMK up our sleeve and punt Lichaa as far away from Belmore as possible then I’ll be happy.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Koroisau would be a massive get if it came off.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can’t say I disagree.

Turpin is not exactly impressive so far.

I’d much prefer korisau. That said I’d much rather fainu!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Best signing in years if it happens.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Api is a very good player who would solve our hooking situation but his injury history scares the shit out of me. He's missed 25 plus games in two seasons which means JMK would still likely be starting a lot next season.

If they sign Api, it would hopefully be on a reasonable amount considering his injury history and no more than a two year deal should be offered...

Malla

Reaction score
So with Api, does that make us that much better?

I think it gives us maybe 4-5 extra wins in the season. The impact he will have in our attack and through the middle of the ruck. DWZ will just run off him all day long. JMK off the bench as a fill in hooker and am pretty sure he can play at lock if need be, OR does he go back to the halves?? Not impressed with Cogger at all and Lewis looks like hes gotten worse this season.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Maybe it's my ignorance and not watching many Sea Eagles games, but what's so good about him exactly? He's been around for a while now and hasn't achieved much. Everyone here seems to be collectively happy about him, so it must mean he goes pretty good.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So with Api, does that make us that much better?

I think it gives us maybe 4-5 extra wins in the season. The impact he will have in our attack and through the middle of the ruck. DWZ will just run off him all day long. JMK off the bench as a fill in hooker and am pretty sure he can play at lock if need be, OR does he go back to the halves?? Not impressed with Cogger at all and Lewis looks like hes gotten worse this season.
It all starts from Dummy Half so I think this would make us better if we are getting Consistent ball where it needs to go. He has a good running game and can sniff out a try.
Hard for the young halves to improve when plays have gone to shit even before they get the ball.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe it's my ignorance and not watching many Sea Eagles games, but what's so good about him exactly? He's been around for a while now and hasn't achieved much. Everyone here seems to be collectively happy about him, so it must mean he goes pretty good.
Most of us are just desperate after years of seeing Lichaa run around.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Api is no superstar but he is a genuine NRL modern day attacking hooker. He has a great running and passing game and is very dangerous. He's a massive upgrade on JMK and Lichaa.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I surely hope it's not a "Massive" offer noting his injury history.
A moderate offer I am ok with.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We need a better no. 9 than Lichaa or JMK (who is improving).
I wonder how massive $$$$$ massive will be?
We do have a fair up the sleave with salary cap for next season.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great player. Would be an ideal signing..

But I’m sorry if I can’t get excited at this rumour. as our club just can’t seem to get it done these days aka Holbrook!!

On the other hand, If they do manage to pull this off. then that’s great as he will give us some quick plays and great attacking options.. he is a weapon.. prefer we get him than the warriors..!!