The Mole: Bulldogs miss out on Broncos hooker but could snare Manly star

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Farah announcing his retirement today. Liddle re-signing but is still not an 80 minute hooker and is young and injury prone. Madge has no other first grade hooker on the books.

We are going to be paying an absolute premium if WT decide they want Api to come across and put a competitive offer to him.

I won't be shocked at all if we miss out and Koroisau ends up at Wests.

Incoming Levi..

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He will more than likely link up with his former coach where he won a premiership with at the Rabbitohs now that Robbie retiring at seasons end.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Robbie not on a lot of coin though and they have a few other concerns with big money players in C Cup that they would need to offload first. I think we are in a better position financially. We need to make a solid play for him. It’s a step forward.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He'd be a great buy considering the other options available.
Still pretty young, solid in defense, dangerous in attack.
Would improve our squad.
Question is why would he want to come to the bulldogs? We've got nothing to offer him aside from a pay cheque. Pay isn't going to improve him as a footballer, he'd play with a poor forward pack in a team that struggles with simple attacking structure due to piss poor coaching.
Pay would likely send him to reggies at some stage and start Elliott in the 9.

Malla

Reaction score
It all starts from Dummy Half so I think this would make us better if we are getting Consistent ball where it needs to go. He has a good running game and can sniff out a try.
Hard for the young halves to improve when plays have gone to shit even before they get the ball.
Yeah that’s true as well. I think overall our forwards can do so much better in trying to force quick play the balls I feel our hookers don’t demand that from them. Api can probably fix that and get our attack rolling forward from there

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Farah announcing his retirement today. Liddle re-signing but is still not an 80 minute hooker and is young and injury prone. Madge has no other first grade hooker on the books.

We are going to be paying an absolute premium if WT decide they want Api to come across and put a competitive offer to him.

I won't be shocked at all if we miss out and Koroisau ends up at Wests.

Incoming Levi..
Tigers are struggling for cap space though it might help us out again as it did with DWZ.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tigers are struggling for cap space though it might help us out again as it did with DWZ.
Yeah Tigs are trying to Offload Mautilino, Packer and a couple others from memory.
Heard the Cows were looking for a Hooker and still no confirmation I can see on Robson signing....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah Tigs are trying to Offload Mautilino, Packer and a couple others from memory.
Heard the Cows were looking for a Hooker and still no confirmation I can see on Robson signing....
I think they would be hoping to get rid of most of Cleary's signings and Reynolds would be top of the list but I think they are on big coin and no one wants them.
Robson was apparently a done deal months ago but there's been nothing official since so who knows whats going on there.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's a shame we could not land our targets..
I guess missing all 4 of them is symptom of have a shit coach and a CEO that keeps talking up how shit we will be until 2021.

Other club's scraps it the best we can hope for, which only compounds the problem!

Even if you subscribe to "we have no money" narrative. Do you trust this mob to spend our warchest when we have it?

I f#@cking don't!

Last edited:

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would like it to happen, expecting it just to drive his asking price up at another club that he really wants to go to.

Smirrors

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ive been harping on about Api for a while now!

He is very solid but he wont be cheap. He would be great for Warriors or Tigers but we would benefit the most given our lack of spine. Would still need a back up which will be JMK.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I can see it now. Paper is on the clubs desk with this article.

Who is api? What is this recruiting word?

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not mad at that at all.

Not sold on offering a big deal to a young unproven hooker (look at what happened with Lichaa lol)
Lol as long as we banish Lichaa and do not pay overs/secure a long term deal, then we should be sweet
from reports in brisbane websites dogs only offered around around 100k for turpin and he was to be the fill in behind lichaa jmk

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd like clarification on Robson somehow. If he's still on the market, he should be the number one priority.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I can see it now. Paper is on the clubs desk with this article.

Who is api? What is this recruiting word?
Maybe Hill could get a helicopter to Manly and come back empty handed again?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed.
Funny that Lichaa has been playing first grade for almost 6 years for us and progressively gotten worse lol
I'm would like to know what Lichshit's family say when they see him play, they probably say 'geez your shit' and if they don't they should.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If the Tigpies payed some freight on Matulino I'd love to see him join us. But hooker and good outside backs are still priority signings.

Api koroisau isn't quite in the frame as one of the best hookers. But he's a quality player. Would be happy if we snared him. Robson and some other young hookers like Turpin might be ok. But Koroisau offers some experience and has worked under numerous coaches. So I think he's probably able to adapt to different playing styles without a big learning curve. JMK has been getting better and if he's our first option next season I'm not unhappy about it. But Koroisau in my opinion offers some much needed experience in a key position. The 4th tackle settlers from our whole forward pack (it's not Tolman taking them exclusively) might disappear with an experienced hooker starting our plays.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't expect anything from this club anymore.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear they signed Lichaa for another year.

Levi is a terrible option too so he's probably high on the boards priority list.