The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
WOMEN! They have to be the biggest head doers there are.

On Friday, I went out for lunch to meet up with a few people I used to work with here in the CDB. I got back to the office about 1:00pm. I had arranged to finish at 2:00pm on Friday. I get back to the office, and the woman sitting next to me decides to ask me how it was. I said good etc... and was hoping that is all we'd speak about. Then (don't ask me how) she managed to steer the topic to love life. She wanted to know about my love life, and she told me about hers, then she told me if I'd ever consider online dating.

A big fat juicy NO was my response. I'd prefer to meet someone the traditional way.

Then she opened up Tinder and showed me how easy it is to use... but nope, I'm not even going to go there. She's told me all these dates she's had and had another one on Saturday night.

No wonder she can't find anyone, she's using Tinder. She could at least use something better likes RSVP or whatever. Tinder has a reputation for a reason. Only hacks interested in one thing use that.

Wahesh

Reaction score

On Friday, I went out for lunch to meet up with a few people I used to work with here in the CDB. I got back to the office about 1:00pm. I had arranged to finish at 2:00pm on Friday. I get back to the office, and the woman sitting next to me decides to ask me how it was. I said good etc... and was hoping that is all we'd speak about. Then (don't ask me how) she managed to steer the topic to love life. She wanted to know about my love life, and she told me about hers, then she told me if I'd ever consider online dating.

A big fat juicy NO was my response. I'd prefer to meet someone the traditional way.

Then she opened up Tinder and showed me how easy it is to use... but nope, I'm not even going to go there. She's told me all these dates she's had and had another one on Saturday night.

No wonder she can't find anyone, she's using Tinder. She could at least use something better likes RSVP or whatever. Tinder has a reputation for a reason. Only hacks interested in one thing use that.
...and the head-doing continues. Colleague walked in and she told me that he cancelled - apparently he already has a girlfriend.

Ladies and Gentltmen... Tinder!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck the Communist microscope, its unfair scrutiny and broadminded people are not scum at the hands of old fashioned conservatives on a moral crusade.
Remains a gutless prank.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Sounds like a fun time waster chat to finish off the Friday afternoon.

Wish I had girls in the workplace bring up topics like this in my singles days. 1 big issue working in the IT Industry, it's full of fucking dudes!

Wahesh

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun time waster chat to finish off the Friday afternoon.

Wish I had girls in the workplace bring up topics like this in my singles days. 1 big issue working in the IT Industry, it's full of fucking dudes!
I actually used to work in an IT office that was fairly mixed. Then slowly they moved out different business units to another building. Before we knew it, what was a large, buzzing office transformed into a small one that was a sausage fest. I didn't mind it too much because we could be a little lose in the office. Those days are gone now though.

I actually reckon that chick is interested in me... why else would she be interested in my love life and dissecting all this information? It won't ever happen though... she's way too young for me!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I actually reckon that chick is interested in me... why else would she be interested in my love life and dissecting all this information? It won't ever happen though... she's way too young for me!
I have the worst read on girls and their intentions pretty much 100% of the time. When I used to think they were after me it was usually friend zone, and when I'd be oblivious to everything going on it was made out to be obvious they had a thing for me afterwards.

Maybe we'll just go back to your original statement of them being the biggest head doers. lol

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Needing to fart when out with a girl on a date but having to hold it in. I have always said you know your girlfriend is in love with you when you can get away with a loud blatant fart.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
@Wahesh she's into you dude, and unless she's super young, why not engage her conversation. I met my wifey over an online dating site.. 19 years ago in March, and married 7 years in September.

Needing to fart when out with a girl on a date but having to hold it in. I have always said you know your girlfriend is in love with you when you can get away with a loud blatant fart.
My wife just shakes her head when I do it.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I have the worst read on girls and their intentions pretty much 100% of the time. When I used to think they were after me it was usually friend zone, and when I'd be oblivious to everything going on it was made out to be obvious they had a thing for me afterwards.

Maybe we'll just go back to your original statement of them being the biggest head doers. lol
That's just it man. We read their signals but apparently it's not what they're sending. Apparently.

Worst thing to do is ask a girl out who you work with... if she says no, it's awkward from then on it. If she says yes, holding the sexual tension in the work place is impossible.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yep. I remember I was going out with this girl once and a hot chick walked past. I said to her "Wow, babe, check out that chick over there!" - and she'd actually turn around and look at her :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
@Wahesh she's into you dude, and unless she's super young, why not engage her conversation. I met my wifey over an online dating site.. 19 years ago in March, and married 7 years in September.
Dude I know she is but I can't... she's 11 years younger. That's too young for me man lol. I think 8 is the maximum I can do - and even that is pushing it. But what I don't understand is why she is so interested in my love life when she already had a date lined-up on Saturday.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dude I know she is but I can't... she's 11 years younger. That's too young for me man lol. I think 8 is the maximum I can do - and even that is pushing it. But what I don't understand is why she is so interested in my love life when she already had a date lined-up on Saturday.
Men and women don't put all their eggs in one basket anymore. The fact she's got a date on Saturday just means she's in actively on the lookout.

I'm not too fussed on the age gaps, for me it's a minimum age thing. I found back in the single days when dating girls aged under 24, they were still wanting to do their own thing mostly and be a little free and slutty... fair enough haha.

It's not until they're 25+ that they're seriously looking for Mr Right.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Men and women don't put all their eggs in one basket anymore. The fact she's got a date on Saturday just means she's in actively on the lookout.
Can't argue with that.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sometimes you get girls that simply can't be bothered with the smutty tinder dating scene. They want security in someone that won't screw them over or party like people their age. Not sugar daddy shit either.

What's more important than age (after legal age of course) is connecting on a personality and maturity level.

There's 40 yr old woman acting like 18 year old sluts, and 21 yr old woman who act like a mature 35 yr old.

Hence you can't let age be too much of a barrier.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Sometimes you get girls that simply can't be bothered with the smutty tinder dating scene. They want security in someone that won't screw them over or party like people their age. Not sugar daddy shit either.

What's more important than age (after legal age of course) is connecting on a personality and maturity level.

There's 40 yr old woman acting like 18 year old sluts, and 21 yr old woman who act like a mature 35 yr old.

Yeah one thing that I did say to her is that she's very young and women her age generally go for men a few years old. She agreed with that.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

just out of interest were would one find these 40 year olds ?