Rhyse Martin - 24 minutes of crap

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin should have been on with 5-10 to go in first half. Not fucking 60 minutes into the game when it's well and truly gone.

Pays fucking these guys enthusiam and needs to go.
I think you raise a valid point , bench players are to provide oompth and enthusiam and X factor , no use putting a benchie on at 60 minute mark when it's game over

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was awesome late last year ran awesome lines but this year his form drop seems to be coinciding with pay fucking him around all year like a few others id say

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Shouldn’t the OP create one of these threads for every player in blue and white on Sunday??

Why signal Martin out when there was 16 other players and a coach just as crap.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He was awesome late last year ran awesome lines but this year his form drop seems to be coinciding with pay fucking him around all year like a few others id say
Chicken and egg, I see it as his form and fitness have slipped so he deserves to be farked around. Slipped because, like his goal kicking, he’s not working on it hard enough. That’s why at his age he is still fringe NRL, when he should be at his prime.

Go Dogs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chicken and egg, I see it as his form and fitness have slipped so he deserves to be farked around. Slipped because, like his goal kicking, he’s not working on it hard enough. That’s why at his age he is still fringe NRL, when he should be at his prime.

Go Dogs
Except the common denominator is everyone has gone backwards under pay

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday’s performance by Martin has to be just about the worst I have seen for a long time.
He played only 24 minutes but was totally out of puff just about the whole time, he couldn’t even get off the ground after making a tackle and would have been penalized twice if we weren’t already 30 points behind.
His goal line defense was pathetic and he made 3 runs and 10 tackles in his 24 minutes of crap.

So yeah harsh criticism for him, but he played so much better last season after making his NRL debut at 25. There is no question his football has gone backwards this season and he is unfit for an NRL player.

I have read he is a poor trainer and not one of Dean Pay’s favorites and Dean certainly has not got the best out of him. Is this a perfect example of Pay’s inability as a coach or is it because Martin has already teed up his move to another club and doesn’t give a fuck beyond his pay cheque or is it because Martin was and will only ever be at reserve grade standard?
So your going to have a crack at 1 player only....Mate what is your agenda?

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks like pay is fucking around with rhyse martin, so rhyse is returning the favor and not giving a fuck either when on the field, it comes back to pay has lost the lockyer room
Well he and jmk were having a good gossip and big laugh while warming up....couple weeks earlier it was Martin and Steve g having a good gossip and laugh in the dressing room before the game...I reckon Steve g has the dressing room ...

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Lollllll you make me sick with your comments. Martin should be starting every week in his position not off the bench. His not a impact player. His confidence is shot from that dud of a coach. In and out of the team playing out of position with little minutes. You really think his going to play well. The whole team is over that dud coach. Your comments are rubbish

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So your going to have a crack at 1 player only....Mate what is your agenda?
Hey just pointing out a pile of shit when I see it. So the club doesn't step in it again.

Last edited:

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lollllll you make me sick with your comments. Martin should be starting every week in his position not off the bench. His not a impact player. His confidence is shot from that dud of a coach. In and out of the team playing out of position with little minutes. You really think his going to play well. The whole team is over that dud coach. Your comments are rubbish
What’s your reason for his drop in goal kicking accuracy from 90+% to 60+%? Mine is he’s not working on it, not puting in the time at training, not constantly improving his technique with Halligan. In simple terms he’s back to dodging the hard yards, which is why he’s still a fringe NRL player, when he should be well established.

Go Dogs

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Put it this way dean pay is a shit coach and knows we’re he should be playing which ant on the bench so maybe he wants to go to his normal position maybe he can link up with Foran being next to him

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Put it this way dean pay is a shit coach and knows we’re he should be playing which ant on the bench so maybe he wants to go to his normal position maybe he can link up with Foran being next to him
Oh, I’m sure Pay is affecting his goal kicking accuracy, can’t possibly be any other explanation.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Oh, I’m sure Pay is affecting his goal kicking accuracy, can’t possibly be any other explanation.

Go Dogs
Confidence is a huge part of successful outcomes.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Confidence is a huge part of successful outcomes.
Goal kicking is a mechanical process, sure there is bit of confidence involved, but that comes from kicking hundreds of goals at training each week, then watching the videos of every kick from every angle and refining the technique under the tutelage of the master. The % drops when you don't put in the work. The same as any other part of the game, drop the discipline and the quality drops with it.

Go Dogs