Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Flano linked to dogs

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s call it like it is. Flanagan has shown more ability then majority of coach’s.

He also gets a tick for me the way he supported the club/players and defended them.

He would surely
Have to get his son over! Huge plus
And a must!!!

Lastly the whole players go for a coach to me is rarely right. Wayne and Bellamy sure they do! Fact.

The rest unless it’s son/relo or close relationship somewhere along the lines it seldom is the case. They still need to be paid as well or damn close I reckon.

I mean if it come to pay as coach and 100k less over a year or 2 at storm or roosters where would you go?

Otherwise it’s pretty straight forward.
Do t forget Hasler he got T. rex and Foran his pulling power is without question

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
open the cheque book approach every top coach, money talks coaches walk

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
open the cheque book approach every top coach, money talks coaches walk
Every top coach........ so u mean
Bellamy
Bennett
Robinson
Thats it really bud and there all on massive coin where they are with way better rosters.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno is easily one of the best coaches in the NRL. He is a winner and reminds me very much of Bellamy. His problems stem from the fact he was prepared to do anything to win. A good trait IMO.
even cheat?

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
even cheat?
If you want to stick to the dictionary definition then I’m pretty certain every coach, team and administration has or will be cheating at some point

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Every top coach........ so u mean
Bellamy
Bennett
Robinson
Thats it really bud and there all on massive coin where they are with way better rosters.
and will we get any decent players come to the dogs under pay, dymock, or other unknown coaches

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If you want to stick to the dictionary definition then I’m pretty certain every coach, team and administration has or will be cheating at some point
I agree, I'll also say these days the only clubs that walk away with premierships are those that do...… and most don't care about he consequences.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What part of "Flanagan is banned indefinitely from coaching in the NRL" do people not get? He isn't an option for the future simple as that.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/shane-...anctions/901b5b19-3d3e-4a7f-92f4-9a4a78bc240b
Mar 1st, 2019

Confirming Flanagan’s final penalty at a press conference, Greenberg confirmed the 53-year-old’s de-registration for an indefinite period and said he shouldn’t expect to return for “some time”.
"We've considered Shane's response and determined the decision to cancel his registration stands. If he applies to be registered with the NRL sometime in the future, it will be considered. But no one should expect to see Mr Flanagan back in an official capacity in the game for some time."

Reading this, would you really want him anywhere near our club?
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...rks-coach-shane-flanagan-20181219-p50n8d.html

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
What part of "Flanagan is banned indefinitely from coaching in the NRL" do people not get? He isn't an option for the future simple as that.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/shane-...anctions/901b5b19-3d3e-4a7f-92f4-9a4a78bc240b
Mar 1st, 2019

Confirming Flanagan’s final penalty at a press conference, Greenberg confirmed the 53-year-old’s de-registration for an indefinite period and said he shouldn’t expect to return for “some time”.
"We've considered Shane's response and determined the decision to cancel his registration stands. If he applies to be registered with the NRL sometime in the future, it will be considered. But no one should expect to see Mr Flanagan back in an official capacity in the game for some time."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/wh...rks-coach-shane-flanagan-20181219-p50n8d.html
Well the only way he can ask for registration is if he has a job. The NRL will let him back it’s just a matter of time. He’s head and shoulders above any other option.

Last edited:

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mar 1st, 2019

The short answer to your question is yes

Maybe the Melbourne storm should have sat out indefinitely for cheating the cap? Maybe we should have as well?
Maybe the roosters should sit out for manipulating the salary cap?
Maybe the players caught by their teams using steroids in the off season by their clubs should sit out indefinitely?

As far as I’m concerned if he’s a good coach and he’s allowed back in sign him cause he’s a better option than pay and probably most other names you can think of outside the top 3

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Personally, I couldn't care less that flannagen "won a comp" (a premiership that should be stripped but the nrl have no balls so it stays on the books)
He's nothing but a smarmy, cheating arsehole and overrated to boot.

No way would I want that **** anywhere near the bulldogs

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
even cheat?
News Ltd cheated the cap with Melbourne while they still were the owners and half owners of the NRL.
I know they handed back few little tins called trophies...
But in reality and as half owners of the NRL they should have faced criminal charges !

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Mar 1st, 2019

Some time could be seconds minutes days or years...
It's all a diversion !!!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Flanagans coaching career:
NRL 2011 13th (Doping Scandal)
NRL 2012 7th Qualifying Final (Questionable Doping Scandal)
NRL 2013 5th Semi Final (Breached Cap) (Doping Scandal revealed/investigated)
NRL 2014 16th Wooden Spoon (Breached Cap)
NRL 2015 6th Semi Final (Breached Cap)
NRL 2016 3rd Premiers (Breached Cap but not over during finals)
NRL 2017 5th Qualifying Final
NRL 2018 4th Prelim Final

Some time could be seconds minutes days or years...It's all a diversion !!!
So we are after someone else?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagans coaching career:
NRL 2011 13th (Doping Scandal)
NRL 2012 7th Qualifying Final (Questionable Doping Scandal)
NRL 2013 5th Semi Final (Breached Cap) (Doping Scandal revealed/investigated)
NRL 2014 16th Wooden Spoon (Breached Cap)
NRL 2015 6th Semi Final (Breached Cap)
NRL 2016 3rd Premiers (Breached Cap but not over during finals)
NRL 2017 5th Qualifying Final
NRL 2018 4th Prelim Final

So we are after someone else?
Can you quote Bellamy's Coaching Career! Starts with assaulted Cap and ends with Murdered Cap!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sign the Kant

By hook or by crook we need to start winning again as it’s embarrassing at the moment