News Bulldogs' bad run 'testing' frustrated playmaker Foran

Reaction score
Kieran Foran is sick of walking out of the change rooms at the end of every match with the same, glum feeling. Week after week, it's the same old story for the Bulldogs.

They make basic errors, concede soft tries and only Foran appears a hope of cracking the opposition defensive line, such is their lack of attacking spark.

"It tests you mentally and I’m sure all of the guys are going through that," he said. "We have to find our way out of it – that’s the reality of it and that’s the way it is. As an experienced player, I have to rally around the boys and try to help them through this tough patch."

Trying to drag teams from lean trots is a relatively new concept for Canterbury's chief playmaker.

Manly missed the finals just once – in 2015 – during his successful seven-year run at the club and he has struggled to stay on the field enough to make a meaningful impact in the years since at the Eels, Warriors and now, Bulldogs.

He is learning how to cope with prolonged losing streaks on the fly and urged his teammates to take lessons from every poor performance.

Bitter blow: The Dogs were hammered by the Dragons on Sunday.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

"At the moment we aren’t making sides earn it," he said. "We are letting sides get ahead and then they are just dictating to us for the rest of the match. We have to rock up each week, take the lessons from those losses and then try and get better as a team but also as individuals."

Those "lessons" must translate onto the field soon, as the Roosters, Sharks and Knights – three of the best teams in the competition – await the wooden spoon favourites in their next three starts.

"I have no doubt that everyone is trying as hard as they can to improve their game every week and to try and get a win," Foran said. "We are doing whatever we can but it’s just not happening for us. We just have to stick together as a club and as a playing group. We will fight our way out of it."

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love how he rallied the troops when he got tackled multiple times on the 5th yesterday when he was our only kicking options after cogger went off .. what an inspiration... Ffs please give me a break..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Or when he told tolman to get out of the fckn way after a few line breaks...

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bring back Lewis, Holland, CHN, Okunbor (when healthy). We barely score tries. Defence not important, its not like Montoya is a defensive juggernaught, actually he is the opposite. Get the best offensive players on the team and at least score. Besides, if we put up better attacking sets, it will alleviate our defensive pressure for we will gain more territory/have ball more often/score more.

Wally D

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bring back Lewis, Holland, CHN, Okunbor (when healthy). We barely score tries. Defence not important, its not like Montoya is a defensive juggernaught, actually he is the opposite. Get the best offensive players on the team and at least score. Besides, if we put up better attacking sets, it will alleviate our defensive pressure for we will gain more territory/have ball more often/score more.
Disagree with bringing back Lewis. He now reminds me of Frawley. Takes forever to kick, and takes the wrong option more than half the time.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
This sounds like a dig at the coach to me lol, Foran will leave if he gets a half decent offer.He doesn’t need the $$$ he wants to be in a winning culture.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
This sounds like a dig at the coach to me lol, Foran will leave if he gets a half decent offer.He doesn’t need the $$$ he wants to be in a winning culture.
That's exactly what i got out of it. He is trying his ass off, he has lost a lot of his pace but you put him in a better side and he would take that team far.

Doesnt help when he runs the ball, looks to his left and his options are

Elliott
Montoya
Okenbur..

Even Terry Lamb would be deflated if that was his outside men..

sheep dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That's exactly what i got out of it. He is trying his ass off, he has lost a lot of his pace but you put him in a better side and he would take that team far.

Doesnt help when he runs the ball, looks to his left and his options are

Elliott
Montoya
Okenbur..

Even Terry Lamb would be deflated if that was his outside men..
Still that legend would have us top 8,he would have the boys rallied wanting to work for each other.a true leader

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Still that legend would have us top 8,he would have the boys rallied wanting to work for each other.a true leader
No chance in hell with this squad and especially this coach. Lamb is a legend not a magician..

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is not a bad squad. Way too many second rowers in the squad and no decent centres. But theirs squad should be performing better than this. So the reason is sitting in the coaching box.

bigstix

Waterboy
Reaction score
It is not a bad squad. Way too many second rowers in the squad and no decent centres. But theirs squad should be performing better than this. So the reason is sitting in the coaching box.
Not a bad squad? We have no hooker, no strike centre, no top line fullback, props who struggle to bend the line. I think this squad is reserve grade standard

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CHN is ready the rest are injured expecting Okunbor back to make immediate impsct and hopefully do what he did to cam smith a few more times

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I also feel like rookie of the year will go to Bronson Xerri

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
FFS just make the guy player / coach. Guarantee he'll do a better job at creating match plans than a front rower

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
im sure 2mil+ over the next 2 years will help with some of those fustrations..