Cody Walker refuses to sing national anthem at State of Origin

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
And I'm asking why does percentage of blood matter? They identify as Aboriginals, not half casts, not whites - Aboriginals. Without knowing their family tree, I would assume a least a part of this is tied to the fact their was a breeding program to regress the Aboriginal race.

I'm assuming by your second and fifth points that you have never changed your mind about anything? Perhaps Chambers and Addo Carr hadn't thought about the anthem until Walker spoke to them about it?

How much have you read about the Stolen Generation and the White Australia Policy? These are fair indicators of why there aren't "full bloods."
If Addo-Carr and Chambers " hadn't thought about the anthem" then it just highlights how pathetic they are for suddenly being critical of it. If this faux oppression etc is so ingrained in their beliefs surely they would have recognised this in the anthem before now?? They are blind sheep bleating because they have heard another sheep bleat. It is not the 1st time this has happened in the NRL.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Most of the divide these days is on the aboriginal side...
No matter what Australia does there not happy
Country said sorry for something none of us done...not good enough
They have every opportunity every other person has ... not good enough
They get more hand outs, payments , scholarships than any other race
Not good enough
My sister won a scholarship to uni...20k that’s for every race.... except if your aboriginal because if you win that one it’s 30k
Can’t win it if you’re white, or Asian or Lebanese or Latin or African ...no your have to fight for the 20k between all of us
But we will give out 30k ones but only qualify if your aboriginal
That’s racist, imagine a white only scholarship...the fucking uproar
How bout these boys do something useful, not sing8ng the national anthem does shit in helping anyone... nothing
How bout donate your 30k match fees to aboriginal communities who are rife with alcohol drug and sexual abuse problems
You have little kids continually getting raped in these communties on a large scale
How bout helping them
Coz not singing the national fuck8ng anthem is a guna help
Fucking pathetic
Hit the nail right on the head mate. Spot-on. If only someone in the media had the balls to ask them roughly what you said at the end re: match payment donation etc.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Addo-Carr and Chambers " hadn't thought about the anthem" then it just highlights how pathetic they are for suddenly being critical of it. If this faux oppression etc is so ingrained in their beliefs surely they would have recognised this in the anthem before now?? They are blind sheep bleating because they have heard another sheep bleat. It is not the 1st time this has happened in the NRL.
I'll ask you the same question. Do you honestly think that you have learnt everything there is and there's no room for you to grow or change your opinion?

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think it is completely normal for there to be issues arising from anyone who were not considered people, invaded, murdered and having a government policy to breed them and their culture out. They were not allowed to vote and were not even counted in the census. I know none of this happens now, but reading from posts on here you think that there us an expectation that Aboriginal people should be thankful for this. I know many European and Middle Eastern people who harbour deep hatred for different ethnic groups because of historical shit. This is a normal reaction to older generations speaking of their trauma and passing it on to different generations. Difference now is they have a voice in Australia. You may not like what or how they are protesting but if I was Aboriginal I wouldn't be singing the anthem. Australia is not young and Aboriginal people have not always been free.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Most of the divide these days is on the aboriginal side...
No matter what Australia does there not happy
Country said sorry for something none of us done...not good enough
They have every opportunity every other person has ... not good enough
They get more hand outs, payments , scholarships than any other race
Not good enough
My sister won a scholarship to uni...20k that’s for every race.... except if your aboriginal because if you win that one it’s 30k
Can’t win it if you’re white, or Asian or Lebanese or Latin or African ...no your have to fight for the 20k between all of us
But we will give out 30k ones but only qualify if your aboriginal
That’s racist, imagine a white only scholarship...the fucking uproar
How bout these boys do something useful, not sing8ng the national anthem does shit in helping anyone... nothing
How bout donate your 30k match fees to aboriginal communities who are rife with alcohol drug and sexual abuse problems
You have little kids continually getting raped in these communties on a large scale
How bout helping them
Coz not singing the national fuck8ng anthem is a guna help
Fucking pathetic
Perhaps you should try and put yourself in their shoes for a minute.
There are so many problems in aboriginal communities, this we can agree on. But we created this issue. Imagine the majority of your race was inhumanely slaughtered so that we could occupy your country. This is something that wont be forgotten easily. Nor should it. It doesnt matter that it was our ancestors versus their ancestors, the resentment is still there.
There is no definitive answer as to how we can fix this problem, but it is our responsibility to try, regardless how long it takes and what it costs, because if you want aboriginal people to contribute more to our society then we need to help them to get to that point in their history. Like it or not.
Aboriginals survived in this country for 50 000 years perfectly well. They dont ha e an academic desire like European races have always had. Look at the Greeks thousands of years ago, they were studying the stats and creating philosophy and mathematic theorum. But this had no relevance in aboriginal Australia. Nor did it places like Africa or north and south America. My point is, you cant expect the aboriginal race to just get on board and suddenly become like an academic white Australian. This will take time. Generations.
But hey, if the majority of Bulldogs fans on here cant be patient during a rebuild period for our club which may take a few years or more, there's fuck all to no chance you can be patient with regards to changing the black V white culture devide in australia.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There are so many problems in aboriginal communities, this we can agree on. But we created this issue. Imagine the majority of your race was inhumanely slaughtered so that we could occupy your country. This is something that wont be forgotten easily. Nor should it. It doesnt matter that it was our ancestors versus their ancestors, the resentment is still there.
There is no definitive answer as to how we can fix this problem, but it is our responsibility to try, regardless how long it takes and what it costs, because if you want aboriginal people to contribute more to our society then we need to help them to get to that point in their history. Like it or not.
Aboriginals survived in this country for 50 000 years perfectly well. They dont ha e an academic desire like European races have always had. Look at the Greeks thousands of years ago, they were studying the stats and creating philosophy and mathematic theorum. But this had no relevance in aboriginal Australia. Nor did it places like Africa or north and south America. My point is, you cant expect the aboriginal race to just get on board and suddenly become like an academic white Australian. This will take time. Generations.
But hey, if the majority of Bulldogs fans on here cant be patient during a rebuild period for our club which may take a few years or more, there's fuck all to no chance you can be patient with regards to changing the black V white culture devide in australia.
Put yourself in there shoes lololol
I’m part aboriginal as I’ve stated here many times
So I’m in there shoes
They won’t help themselves that’s the biggest drama, white man isn’t reponsible for them taking d4ugs, alcohol abusing kids refusing to work
They get to much given too them and that’s the drama

But anyway I’m sick of pointing out shit to city slickers that sit in there ivory tower pointing fingers
Come out west, live in housing commission areas as I have go their missions and then tell me your opinion
Coz half the people on here have no idea

I’m part aboriginal
Live out west, grew up in housing commission area with many many aboriginal people but continue to tell me how I know nothing about it
I’ve seen it, lived it, done it

But it’s like playing chess with a pigeon, arguing with some people they knock the pieces over, shit on the board and strut around like they won.....

Last edited:

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Created this issue ? Like fuck I did I haven’t invented time travel.

People keep making excuses for them and keep giving them handouts. It’s a farce absolute joke.

People should be dealing in the now not the then as everyone alive in Australia had zero to do with what happened 200 years ago. They can only stop the cycle of alcoholism and abuse by their actions. Until they break that cycle no one can help them.

It’s on your parents to raise you right and not allow what their parents did to them happen to you and having been in a family that broke the cycle I am very grateful. No amount of handouts is going to change that.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So I’m in there shoes
They won’t help themselves that’s the biggest drama, white man isn’t reponsible for them taking d4ugs, alcohol abusing kids refusing to work

But anyway I’m sick of pointing out shit to city slickers that sit in there ivory tower pointing fingers
Come out west, live in housing commission areas as I have go their missions and then tell me your opinion

I’m part aboriginal
Live out west, grew up in housing commission area with many many aboriginal people but continue to tell me how I know nothing about it

But it’s like playing chess with a pigeon, arguing with some people they knock the pieces over, shit on the board and strut around like they won.....
Just asking if you know that its a statistical fact that repressed minorities, around the world, have a higher incident rate of drugs abuse, physical abuse, domestic violence etc.

Would it be acceptable to say that this is a cause of repression and low socio-economic status? As many indicators around the world show.

Wouldnt it be ridiculous to say that just because Albert einstein never finished school that everyone who never finished school can be like einstein?

No doubt theres an element of self responsibility but if your role models havent amounted to much in the first place, how likely are you to break free of that generational cycle? Isnt there a need for outside assistance to break those cycles? Assistance that doesnt contain trauma, as trauma at a young age can lead down a dark path.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I cant believe how many people are calling him out on this and saying he is a hypocrite. What a load of fucking rubbish. The fact he wants to see the national anthem changed has nothing to do with the fact he earns Australian dollars for doing his job. This is not hypocrisy, not even close.
People in this country need to come to terms with the fact that we have a massive cultural divide between aborigines and white Australians that needs to be changed.
An a bunch of footballers not singing a shitty anthem is closing the divide?

transporter

Waterboy
Reaction score
If they don’t sing the national anthem they should never be picked for origin again. They only interested in there own people.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So I’m in there shoes

I’m part aboriginal

Since your part aboriginal I'm surprised at your stance.
I dont live in an ivory tower mate, nor am I a city slicker. I live in cairns where we have a very large aboriginal population, and I work right near two different aboriginal communities.
I agree you cant help people who dont want to be helped, but to a degree. This doesnt mean that we should not try though.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Created this issue ? Like fuck I did I haven’t invented time travel.

People keep making excuses for them and keep giving them handouts. It’s a farce absolute joke.

People should be dealing in the now not the then as everyone alive in Australia had zero to do with what happened 200 years ago. They can only stop the cycle of alcoholism and abuse by their actions. Until they break that cycle no one can help them.

It’s on your parents to raise you right and not allow what their parents did to them happen to you and having been in a family that broke the cycle I am very grateful. No amount of handouts is going to change that.
Wow. You have a incredibly simplistic view of things. Of course you didn't directly have anything to do with it, nor did I. But that's totally missing the point.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
An a bunch of footballers not singing a shitty anthem is closing the divide?
No, it's just creating awareness about an issue that many aboriginal people have with our national anthem. Its just part of the process.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Seriously I am over this shit.

My ancestors weren't responsible for what happened to the aboriginals.

I am old school where we used to say full aboriginals, half castes, quarter castes.

The full aboriginals don't give a flying fuck about the anthem etc, it's the half/quarter castes that are protesting etc.

I was a liaison officer in the CES over 20 years ago & I know the shit that went on.

Most of the shit they got was unbelievable.

Because I was a liaison officer the aboriginal community accepted me as one of them.

So if I wanted to, I can say I am aboriginal & protest.

What makes it funny, is some were whiter than what I am.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seriously I am over this shit.

My ancestors weren't responsible for what happened to the aboriginals.

I am old school where we used to say full aboriginals, half castes, quarter castes.

The full aboriginals don't give a flying fuck about the anthem etc, it's the half/quarter castes that are protesting etc.

I was a liaison officer in the CES over 20 years ago & I know the shit that went on.

Most of the shit they got was unbelievable.

Because I was a liaison officer the aboriginal community accepted me as one of them.

So if I wanted to, I can say I am aboriginal & protest.

What makes it funny, is some were whiter than what I am.
You can say you were Aboriginal because you were a liaison officer at CES 20 years ago!!! LOL.. mad contribution!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You can say you were Aboriginal because you were a liaison officer at CES 20 years ago!!! LOL.. mad contribution!
The aboriginal community told me that. lol

That I am one of them, a black sheila.

So you are laughing at my Brothers & Sisters. :p :tearsofjoy:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well a little history lesson for you guys the aboriginals were not here first there was other people here called the pigmy people they were short little Africans and do you know who killed them off ? The aboriginals absolutely smashed them killed everyone one of them and now they don’t exist look it up guys
It's believed that all humans originated out of the plains of Africa and evolved to suit their respective climates and countries.

In the case of the aboriginals, I believe they were initially Papua New Guinneans and Torres Strait Islanders, which wandered across during the Gondwana era and populated Australia.

People in this country need to come to terms with the fact that we have a massive cultural divide between aborigines and white Australians that needs to be changed.
The only divides in this country are put their by those who want society changed to their own cultural beliefs, because they cannot get on with others.

You mean the shoes white colonisation brought to Australia? Because prior to colonisation they didn't have shoes either. No crocs, no thongs, no palm leaf designer sandals, NOTHING.

There are so many problems in aboriginal communities, this we can agree on. But we created this issue.
No we didn't. The problems in aboriginal communities (crime, excessive drug and alcohol use, child rape, rape in general, sexual assaults) are all brought on themselves.

Nobody forces them to do such things, they MAKE the CHOICE to do them, and bring shame on their communities.

Imagine the majority of your race was inhumanely slaughtered so that we could occupy your country. This is something that wont be forgotten easily. Nor should it. It doesnt matter that it was our ancestors versus their ancestors, the resentment is still there.
You do realise that there are tribes of full blood aboriginals today living in small settlements, in perfect harmony, with no crime and child rape, and they enjoy the life they have.

Ask them about their thoughts, and they'll tell you they don't mind.

The ones kicking up a stink are as much Aboriginal as they are Aussie, but want to kick up a fuss.

Just like my step aunt. White fellas to blame for this, that and everything else.

The fact is those blaming the whites are looking for excuses to cover up their own inability to control their behaviours.

Nobody makes them commit crimes. Nobody makes them rape their kids.

Throwing money at the problem only makes it worse.

There are many proud indigenous people out there in anything from blue collar to white collar high end jobs. Instead of sitting around moping about shit, they pulled their fingers out and made something of their lives (rather than playing the blame game).

Aboriginals survived in this country for 50 000 years perfectly well.
I get they were nomadic, but a curved stick and a hollowed out log you blow into, are hardly marvels of modern science.

They'd have been wiped out by now (as there are VERY few remote tribes still out there in large numbers). Andaman Islands and a few tribes deep in the South American rainforests, and possibly a small number in PNG/Indonesia are about it.

They dont have an academic desire like European races have always had. Look at the Greeks thousands of years ago, they were studying the stats and creating philosophy and mathematic theorum. But this had no relevance in aboriginal Australia. Nor did it places like Africa or north and south America. My point is, you cant expect the aboriginal race to just get on board and suddenly become like an academic white Australian. This will take time. Generations.
Actually even the Africans and Mongols managed to figure out how to build yurts/humpees/basic housing.

There is no divide, there's refusal to integrate into society. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink.

Anywhooo this is getting straying off topic a tad now.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
So people are upset that 1 person doesn't want to sing a song that became the national anthem only in 1984 when it wasn't actually written to be the national anthem and when it has 0 effect on their life? People are funny.