SportingNews/Lurker Dean Britt - Apparently Signing With Us ?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol I remember a few years ago when we were chasing Daniel Mortimer.i think Parra ended up paying overs for him.Then I think he went to the roosters and I’m not sure what happened from there.
Pay is heading up to Orange right now with a blank cheque to try and talk Daniel out of retirement.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Britt has a bit of **** in him... and an error or two. Why the fuck we are wasting money on players though when we have ample ones already in those positions. Every other recruitment strategy centres around highlighting weaknesses in your clubs roster and recruiting players in those positions. Ours seems to be "release your semi-decent fringe NRL players and replace them with shittier fringe NRL players".

This board and coach are really starting to echo the past.

Lynne Anderson = Raelene Castle
Chris Anderson = Ray Dib
Dean Pay = Des Hasler
Andrew Hill = Todd Greenberg

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only way I’d be happy with this signing is if he is on a second tier contract and out of the top 30.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Checks out. Both from the Storm U20 system when Pay was there. Club can't wait to put out the puff piece on getting Britt on board.
Also I heard Peats I mention early today thought we're both bullshit until early today inthe press. But your it really fits story being told to get bulldogs DNA back involved 2019/20 then 2021 have the big purchases to make a finals

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Britt has a bit of **** in him... and an error or two. Why the fuck we are wasting money on players though when we have ample ones already in those positions. Every other recruitment strategy centres around highlighting weaknesses in your clubs roster and recruiting players in those positions. Ours seems to be "release your semi-decent fringe NRL players and replace them with shittier fringe NRL players".

This board and coach are really starting to echo the past.

Lynne Anderson = Raelene Castle
Chris Anderson = Ray Dib
Dean Pay = Des Hasler
Andrew Hill = Todd Greenberg
Mate if you run this forum get a petition together and get it in front of the clubs nose. We need change, we need it now.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here we go again... Another recruitment drive that nets reserve graders and yet more forwards when we have more pressing needs isn't going to keep the wolves at bay.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Also I heard Peats I mention early today thought we're both bullshit until early today inthe press. But your it really fits story being told to get bulldogs DNA back involved 2019/20 then 2021 have the big purchases to make a finals
Peats... god no! Cook has changed the game !
Hookers like Peats and McCullough are dead to the game they just don't cut it anymore as they aren't a threat due to their lack of pace and skill.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peats... god no! Cook has changed the game !
Hookers like Peats and McCullough are dead to the game they just don't cut it anymore as they aren't a threat due to their lack of pace and skill.
Talking shit just going in theme at the moment with bulldogs aka Peats not coming just a mate talking shit to me.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You have to love our recruitment...

We need a centre, hooker, half and maybe fullback and Melbourne have Scott, Grant or Smith, Drinkwater or maybe Papenhuyzen up for grabs if a big enough offer came their way and we end up with another forward with Stimson...

Instead of getting Brittain or Tracey from Souths we get Britt who is yet another forward.

Neither Britt nor Stimson are as talented as RFM and Martin who will be let go. People can preach patience all they want but with the club making average signings and poor decisions constantly, its impossible to keep the faith.

Last edited:

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

We need a centre, hooker, half and maybe fullback and Melbourne have Scott, Grant or Smith, Drinkwater or maybe Papenhuyzen up for grabs if a big enough offer came their way and we end up with another forward with Stimson...

Instead of getting Brittain or Tracey from Souths we get Britt who is yet another forward.

And neither Britt nor Stimson are skillful enough to be stars or game breakers which is what we need when we can't score points.
People can preach patience all they want but with the club making average signings constantly, its impossible to keep the faith.
What do u expect from bullfrog Moore’s daughter
“When you think you have enough forwards but another one”
Bullfrog philosophy

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

And neither Britt nor Stimson are skillful enough to be stars or game breakers which is what we need when we can't score points.
People can preach patience all they want but with the club making average signings constantly, its impossible to keep the faith.
Stimson and Britt aren’t mind blowing signings but to be fair it doesn’t mean they are the only signings we will make. It’s only fair to make a judgment once to final squad for next year has been finalised.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Hope he brings a fucking jacket n beanie
Made my first visit to orange in the winter of 2012... my nose was red as fuck from the cold within hours lol

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stimson and Britt aren’t mind blowing signings but to be fair it doesn’t mean they are the only signings we will make. It’s only fair to make a judgment once to final squad for next year has been finalised.
True but considering their track record so far, the dire need for a hooker and all backs and the first two signings being 2nd rowers then you can understand not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Especially when RFM and Martin are both better than Britt and Stimson so it's a sideways move at best.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
True but considering their track record so far, the dire need for a hooker and all backs and the first two signings being 2nd rowers then you can understand not giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Especially when RFM and Martin are both better than Britt and Stimson so it's a sideways move at best.
Firstly we have to wait and see if they actually have signed Britt and Stimson. The Stimson deal sounds like it’s happening but the Britt talk just popped up today and the Lurker isn’t exactly a solid source.

There’s so many possibilities and things up in the air. We might end up keeping RFM and Martin so these could be depth signings? I’m holding fire until we know a clearer picture on what’s going on.