News Bulldogs didn’t get flogged but there was plenty of self-flaggelation

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have reserved my judgement and opinions on Pay purely to give him time to prove himself. Though i've probably defended him on one occasion I have to admit.

After yesterday's performance I can't stand up for him any longer. That style we played was not the style of the players, but purely the coaches tactics. It was an absolute down right rookie performance from a coach who outsmarted himself, embarrassingly!!

Why Pay would play a style no where near our strengths is beyond me especially after the previous week where Foran was our chief play maker with a man of the match performance. But this week the million dollar Foran was barely seen because Pay wanted $200k Cogger as our play maker and kicker.
The rookie error in Pay was he thought the weakness in Storm was kick to their left side and play them up the middle. We played to Storms strengths FFS!

Why he wouldn't go into the game with the same plan as when we played them earlier in the year and move the ball around i have no idea but to basically keep Foran out of most of our attack was a disgraceful decision. This took CHN out of the game also. He was barely seen.

Honestly, if players get dropped for not being up to standards, then Pay should be after yesterday.

If this is what we have to expect from the club and team for the next one and a half years and do nothing about it, then I'll do likewise and do nothing about it and not pay my money through the turnstiles.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
No doubt Pay is trying his best, but the truth is that he is very limited as a coach no matter the roster he has

Pay needs to be relieved of his duties along with another 6 current squad members
Tolman
Hoppa
Elliot
Jmk
Holland
Fualalo
Lichaa
Brown

All need to be off the books asap

Jacko needs a break to get his body right. If he can't play lock he goes too.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep, when Addo Carr stepped through Jackson for the first try you could see Jackson clutch at his shoulder. He is far from fit but manages to stay out there the entire game. Costing us in the end.
If Jackson shoulder is rooted, the bloke has earned the right and respect to sit it out in rehab.

Forcing him to play and captain the team is ludicrous.

Fucken dopes the lot of them

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Tolman
Hoppa
Elliot
Jmk
Holland
Fualalo
Lichaa
Brown

All need to be off the books asap

Jacko needs a break to get his body right. If he can't play lock he goes too.
Couple from that list stay

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Jackson shoulder is rooted, the bloke has earned the right and respect to sit it out in rehab.

Forcing him to play and captain the team is ludicrous.

Fucken dopes the lot of them
It could be Jackson too he strikes me as the type of bloke who would play through the pain. If it is then Pay and the medical staff have to put their foot down and say he isn’t playing.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Pay got it wrong at half time no questions asked. He had to send the directive to go to Foran and have numbers around him he looked the most likely and with chn looming next to him we caused problems.. What was with the kick to Addo car on the 5th, time after time very dumb it was insanity!

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Question. Does anyone know who we currently have signed for 2021.

I can think of Napa and Jackson.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Question. Does anyone know who we currently have signed for 2021.

I can think of Napa and Jackson.
Napa, CHN (2022), Ogden, Crighton, Meany, Okunbor and ramanous.
Jackson is not..

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't think any coach can coach the current team to success, however Pay deserves to be given a chance to recruit. If he doesn't succeed in recruiting IN 2020 FOR 2021, then I say don't re--sign him.
Totally agree. I wonder how many of the current crop would be snapped up by other clubs..methinks not many.
I repeat what I said earlier. You cannot win a Melbourne Cup with a camel. Doesnt matter who trained it or who rode it.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
A three year deal for Napa was always stupid move. I didn't want us to sign him in the first place.

It was also unwise with Chrichton and even Meaney. Two year deals would have been smart for completely unproven players, especially ones that weren't being heavily recruited... Once again the club has bid against themselves. The same mistakes are made no matter which board, coach, CEO and chairman we have.

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yet another article based on what most of us have been complaining about on the Kennel...

Until former greats of the club speak out, nothing will change. It pisses me off how the club and past players are so silent and seemingly content or resigned to the demise of a once great and powerful club.
time to boycott matches..that is the only thing that will catch managements attention..they are doing no justice to the jersey.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good summation tbh. I'm done with Pay. In our first game against them we showed the league how to beat them, so what do we do...……….

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A three year deal for Napa was always stupid move. I didn't want us to sign him in the first place.

It was also unwise with Chrichton and even Meaney. Two year deals would have been smart for completely unproven players, especially ones that weren't being heavily recruited... Once again the club has bid against themselves. The same mistakes are made no matter which board, coach, CEO and chairman we have.
There are a lot worse moves then giving a state of origin prop a 3 year deal in his 20’s.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think the three year deals were more to do with the huge amount of players coming off contract in 2020. You have to stagger the contract ending years to some extent.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There are a lot worse moves then giving a state of origin prop a 3 year deal in his 20’s.
On 550k plus a year when he doesn't deserve to make the team on form? Especially when we already have props to do the job better or the same as he does and still desperately need backs, a half and a hooker. The Roosters let him go for a reason. He has three good games a year.

He had 8 runs for 60 metres, had 22 tackles and missed 4 in 45 minutes of lazy, sloppy footy in his supposed origin audition.