2019 Federal Election

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ll vote for Hillary. Let’s fight!
This is the exact reason I will vote for trump. No fighting.
Trump is the most peaceful US president since the beginning of the century.
Trump all the way!
Donald Trump Mother Fuckers!!!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I was involved in trying to negotiate an EBA with a glasshouse I used to work for. They wouldn't entertain the notion of paying the same wages to the 457 workers or whatever they're calling it now. They managed to do that by saying the labour hire company they hired them through weren't willing which was a crock of shit. And the fact of the matter is that if you offer people shit jobs on minimum wage (eg working in a glasshouse where you sweat like a pig for all but the hours before 10am) I can't blame local workers for fucking off for better jobs when they come up. I left soon after the EBA negotiations because the glasshouse failed to put thermometers where staff could see them. They lied about the temperature never exceeding 30 degrees. I took my own thermometer in and temps regularly sat at 41-47 degrees through winter. So a combination of shit wage and dangerous working conditions meant that local workers didn't want to be in that particular job. Largely the workforce they retained was desperate internationals supporting families who had trouble getting other work. Maybe look at the wages, working conditions and the reputation surrounding those before criticising the local workers for not wanting to be there. It's probably a combination of that more than lazy attitudes. Not denying there are people that prefer to claim benefits, but international people who can't will clean up shit with their tongues if it means they can feed their families. It's called survival.
So you agree that our country makes it too easy for healthy people to claim benefits and not work. Thanks

We employ about 500 people about 100 visa workers and majority is unskilled labour. I find it interesting that you believe it’s ok for some aussies to work but not other healthy capable people. They can go collect benefits and bludge of the system.

People have to start somewhere Allan. I started cotton chipping for $10 an hour that was shit work but it was work. Our country makes it to easy for people to sit at home and do nothing and that’s my issue.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This is the exact reason I will vote for trump. No fighting.
Trump is the most peaceful US president since the beginning of the century.
Trump all the way!
Donald Trump Mother Fuckers!!!
Wasn't hard to top. George Dubya just continued what his daddy didn't finish, and Obama inherited that mess. Trump came in at the end of the saga.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's pretty much it. Politics is so much "tit for tat".

Care only for themselves and their retirements than give a single shit about the public (that's both sides).

Remove the Two Party Preferred system, and see how much shit slinging stops when they realise that they actually have to work for the public to get a vote.

As it stands these days any party except ALP/LNP may as well not even be on the ballot papers.
If a party gets enough seats then they can cause problems. We've seen this with the Greens and One Nation who have both stopped bills from passing out of stubbornness.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If a party gets enough seats then they can cause problems. We've seen this with the Greens and One Nation who have both stopped bills from passing out of stubbornness.
The whole political system is shit. No politician wants to make this country better they just want those benefits and fuck off.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
By the way is anyone else sick when they see Shorten running on the news for like the 5th time in the past week? The guy obviously hasn’t run since last election with those man boobs bouncing around give up the charade you clown

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
By the way is anyone else sick when they see Shorten running on the news for like the 5th time in the past week? The guy obviously hasn’t run since last election with those man boobs bouncing around give up the charade you clown
True, I’d rather see news footage of Howard power walking in a tracksuit.... or Abbott in budgie smugglers.... or Morrison at church.... not!

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
True, I’d rather see news footage of Howard power walking in a tracksuit.... or Abbott in budgie smugglers.... or Morrison at church.... not!
Yeah I don’t get that filming. With shorten I imagine him starting 10 secs before the footage and stops right after. Those shots do him no favours

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yeah I don’t get that filming. With shorten I imagine him starting 10 secs before the footage and stops right after. Those shots do him no favours
I always find it disingenuous when I see footage of Liberal politicians talking to children.....'sif they give a fuck about their futures. Most of them probably feed on suckling babies.

Last edited:

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People voted John Howard from office because "they wanted a change". Pretty good how that worked out.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
People voted John Howard from office because "they wanted a change". Pretty good how that worked out.
wtf, even if the liberal party won in 2007 john howard would not be the prime minister

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Or Morrison wearing a cap, buying a beer, at the footy etc. Morrison the doer *cough wanker *cough

The pretend pleb.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
You know what shits me... almost all political advertising is shit slinging.

Very little of it is about what the party will do to better Australia or the voter... instead it's almost all "Bill Shorten / Scomo is a shitcunt... if you vote for him you'll all get dickaids and your balls will drop off in the next 3 years ... VOTE US INSTEAD!"

I reckon this is where the AEC should step in and make it that any advertising has to be factual, and CANNOT attack another party or candidate.

Likewise ban all election advertising (including all over booths), on election day, and remove all scrutineers. All they do is get in the way and piss off voters waiting in line.

We've now hit the period whereby most political advertising must stop, but that doesn't prevent splinter groups doing their work for them (that said if caught by AEC and linked back to a party the fines are large - to the point an AEC actually has the power to pull a political candidate if they breach advertising rules after the cut off.

Apparently Mark Bourous (YellowBrickRoad and Roosters board member), is robocalling people putting the scare up them over some shit.

I don't know if you remember that the libs were planning to make TAFE and higher education changes so everyone had to pay rather than the system that allows Australians on benefits to gain the skills with taxpayer funded higher education. But I recall you mentioning that you are looking to upgrade your skills in IT. If the libs had their way on removing that funding would you still be keen to get in their corner? Would you be able to afford the skills upgrades required to get back into the industry from your own pocket?

People forget things like this far too quickly in my opinion.
If anything they should remove the excessive indigenous fundings. Put that towards something better. If you are more than 50% aboriginal, you lose any indigenous benefits and funding. That'd save a stack of money.

Currently if you have a poofteenth of aboriginal in you, theres a $0 TAFE course, that you and I end up paying for (either through high TAFE course costs, or taxes).

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
People voted the Libs in wanting a change and then they doubled the defecit before privatising power and slkashing public funding to health and other vital social programs to deliver a surplus.......pretty good how that worked out.

The Libs didn't have to govern during the global financial crisis either....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Howard, the most overrated PM
Agreed to a certain extent.

Howard was a smart PM. He knew how to manipulate the system and manipulate people. Hence why he stayed in office so long even though he didn't do anything other than banning guns.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eh?? Retail workers making $53k.. in what universe? Store Managers MAYBE, but not Joe Average working in a retail store. $30-45k maybe, but most retail workers will struggle to earn outside that bracket.

Even full time hospitality staff often don't hit $50k after tax.

You can't bump the minimum wage too much otherwise you end up with a situation where everything is so unaffordable (which we are getting closer and closer to already).

Costs always end up being made up elsewhere, and that's normally on the consumer side of things.

Bump up the minimum wage and you'll end up in a society whereby: Bananas are $5 a kg today, and $12 a kg in a few years time. As costs skyrocket businesses will look at ways to cut corners, which will mean either sacking staff to cut overheads, or simply sourcing inferior products from overseas. If unions gget involved and workers are harder to get rid of (like this stupid idea of casual workers being given full time jobs after 12 months), then more businesses will get drive to the wall and shut up shop.
53k is $25 /hr.. Close enough.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Giant douche v turd sandwich
Dumb **** v shit ****
Horse shit v cow shit

I'll just vote for Saddam Hussein again lol