Recruitment Suggestions - Consolidated Thread

Should the bulldogs make Reynolds priority number one target for 2022?

• Total voters

caltan

Waterboy
Reaction score
It would certainly do no harm providing we could improve his attitude. Could be a masterstroke. At least it would solve one of our positions that need bolstering.

ibby

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Believe me if his not happy up at the broncos what makes you think he will be happy to play for our shit team no way his attitude sucks.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t want too... BUT, May as well if we can add a mid season signing.. may add a little spark! I would usually say NO to him, but given the circumstances right now.!!

It’s not a confident yes by any means though :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He hasn't been that good this year - that's one thing I've noticed. He got injured early on - maybe he's been carrying a niggling injury that's preventing him from doing much. I remember in 2016 when he joined the Broncos, he'd find open field very easy then shut the gate - no one would catch him. He hasn't really done that this year.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I would take him for season 2020 and perhaps front load a contract or two. Especially if injured.

I wonder what he has done? there's a few telling things I'm seeing.

1.Siebold drops a current and young SOO centre, that isnt a decision done lightly.
2. Bennett has ruled him out despite a huge gap in the centre position because of Inglis retirement. Kennel, you Must understand that Bennett is the type of coach that is very loyal to players he likes that he coaches. Roberts is a souths junior, wants to come to Sydney and knows Bennett intimately and vice versa, has a premiership threatening team and immediate need for a centre and Bennett STILL doesnt want him. Whats that say?
3. Remember that Roberts has been sacked by 3.5 clubs, he clearly has some issues being a shitcunt. Also didnt he have a drug problem people just ignored?

That said, I would welcome him at the club for a Holland/Roberts combo, I think he will bring results on the field and thats what matters, but I would suggest dogs management structure the contract very favourably with get out clauses in the clubs favour, because at some point he's going to cause integrity unit problems, just depends how big.
Nasheed.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I would take him for season 2020 and perhaps front load a contract or two. Especially if injured.

I wonder what he has done? there's a few telling things I'm seeing.

1.Siebold drops a current and young SOO centre, that isnt a decision done lightly.
2. Bennett has ruled him out despite a huge gap in the centre position because of Inglis retirement. Kennel, you Must understand that Bennett is the type of coach that is very loyal to players he likes that he coaches. Roberts is a souths junior, wants to come to Sydney and knows Bennett intimately and vice versa, has a premiership threatening team and immediate need for a centre and Bennett STILL doesnt want him. Whats that say?
3. Remember that Roberts has been sacked by 3.5 clubs, he clearly has some issues being a shitcunt. Also didnt he have a drug problem people just ignored?

That said, I would welcome him at the club for a Holland/Roberts combo, I think he will bring results on the field and thats what matters, but I would suggest dogs management structure the contract very favourably with get out clauses in the clubs favour, because at some point he's going to cause integrity unit problems, just depends how big.
Nasheed.
Scooby here lol.. All I got from reading that was the Holland/combo bit ;) good stuff Nasheed

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Bennett STILL doesnt want him.
That's the deal breaker for me. They need a centre, he's a SOO centre, Brisbane don't want him (even though they are going shit) and he wants to come home to the Wabbits. Whatever his issues are even Bennett couldn't fix them at Brisbane and he doesn't believe that they are fixed now or that he could fix them at Souths. Pretty much says it all.

Sign him on a game by game contract at our option, one slip up and he's outa here (like we did with Suli, so he knows we will mean it).

Go Dogs

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Please no.... we need a centre, for sure.... but Roberts plays like there’s some place he’d rather be. He is the sort of player who can look good on occasion when playing for a good team, but we need quality players who will turn things around by effort and example. Roberts doesn’t fit that bill.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sign him now. More talent in his shit then 85% of our roster

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have a great record of turning around troubled players..

Remember Mose Suli....... Hang on a second ummmmmm......... no........ :tearsofjoy:..

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though he's better than our entire backline I don't want an impulse buy for a bloke that could set us back even further with his renown shit **** behaviour. Surely we can set the bar a little higher?