JMK

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

What is everyones thoughts about how JMK is progressing as a hooker?

Hooker was a major sticking point but talk has died down recently.''I dont get to watch alot of Bulldogs games because I dont have pay tv and dont know where to watch, but when i saw him on channel 9 and the highlights package he looks decent in the 9. What do people think?

If 9 is no longer an issue we can then focus on recruiting a premium forward, a premium centre to partner Holland and a half depending on Foran. And we are set. Nasheed.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dont be silly.

The one that has to go is Okunbor. Hoppa need to go to the wing and we need a great centre to attack.
Lomax?

It has to be a premium guy.
Hey Nasheed .. I agree, Lomax would be nice , but it won’t happen..!! Dreams are free though bud.!!!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Dont be silly.

The one that has to go is Okunbor. Hoppa need to go to the wing and we need a great centre to attack.
Lomax?

It has to be a premium guy.
Hoppa probably has the best hands in the league, let's put him on the wing and tell him to put his hands in his pockets....

Put down the pipe Nasheed

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Has and is certainly improved and doing well as long as he keeps progressing but certainly not our major issues atm ,centre/wing for sure

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He legit only looks semi decent because his passes reach the mark unlike the bloke playing there before. Very average otherwise but that’s to be expected

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah we've set a low bar for expectations out of a hooker. Credit to JMK for improving his fitness and converting himself into a serviceable dummy half. His defense and service are solid.

But the kid almost never runs and threatens the defence. Anyone with his speed should be having a run nearly ten times a game.

We need to buy a hooker desperately and have done for four years. Hopefully the club finally find the long term solution because as decent as JMK has been, he is not it and isn't anything but a solid backup at best if we actually want to compete in the finals again one day.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lomax has great speed and would make a good winger. He doesnt have the footy smarts or defence requirements to play in the centre.

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s learning the 9 still but progressing I think that’s his best position he’s twice the player Lichaa is I’d give him the season atleast then decide do we persivere or get a new 9

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why can't he play the 80?
Not convinced on the two hooker experiment even though it worked in 04 because they were real good.

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Better than Lichaa, good back up hooker but not a long term 9. We have been accepting average players for a while now and the kennel is easily impressed

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've actually been happy with JMK at Hooker so far this season. He even put in a good kick from Dummy Half! We haven't made a single kick from Dummy-Half in the last 5 years!

He's still got a long way to go, but there is ability there.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would a premium centre come here when his centre partner is holland. Undo his hard work.
Holland joke is over nasheed. He needs to be the next to go after licha
Centres don't "partner", most times during a game they'd need xray vision to see each other through the players between them.

More relevantly, my guess is the other centre would be Hopoate anyway.

Go Dogs

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why can't he play the 80?
Yup. atm he's on for about 73min anyway. What is the point in replacing him with another reggies hooker (Lichaa or Nu) for 7min?

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

What is everyones thoughts about how JMK is progressing as a hooker?

Hooker was a major sticking point but talk has died down recently.''I dont get to watch alot of Bulldogs games because I dont have pay tv and dont know where to watch, but when i saw him on channel 9 and the highlights package he looks decent in the 9. What do people think?

If 9 is no longer an issue we can then focus on recruiting a premium forward, a premium centre to partner Holland and a half depending on Foran. And we are set. Nasheed.

Another forward? We have them in spades. They just need to learn a bit more resilience and some more mongrel

We need at least one FG centre (Holland ain't one, and Hoppa being the club's best centre is depressing), a real FG hooker (not a reggies half-cum hooker, and not a whatever Lichaa is), and a FG winger (not an on-the-job trainee).