ELLIOT

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I'm calling it now, he is terrible. Another bit of crap from Des. Now Lichaa is gone he is easily our worst forward. Zero impact and that tip on thing just made me BURN, there were actually a couple of those incidents. Maybe on the bench if there is nothing else but I would definitely prefer RFM if was fit.
The fact that he is our leadership group and touted' a future CBFC captain makes my stomach churn.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he was at the club in the early 2000s he would be another Adam Brideson that would have had less then 10 career games. He’s a plodder and doesn’t bring anything to the table.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
he has some skill in him, not a middle forward simple as that. alas i wouldnt be fussed if he left...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In fairness he can throw a nice pass from time to time like that ball for Hoppa to Smith. But most times he throws it out and he doesn't offer much else. He and the other the forwards have the ball way too much way too much in terms of running plays and passing just like Des did.

So I agree in essence, Elliott ideally shouldn't be in the 17 but Pay has a hard on for him. Maybe it was seeing him nude on Mad Monday that started the love affair...

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In fairness he can throw a nice pass from time to time like that ball for Hoppa to Smith. But he and the other the forwards have the ball way too much way too much in terms of running plays and passing just like Des did.

So I agree in essence, Elliott ideally shouldn't be in the 17 but Pay has a hard on for him. Maybe it was seeing him nude on Mad Monday that started the love affair...
I reckon that pass to Hoppa was a.hail mary that luckily hit the mark. He never even looked.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The tale of two players: Hoppa who is on huge cash (SOO) and has good stats but literally creates nothing . Bloke has zero creative flair and couldn’t score a try from further than 10 out if you told him his Mormons would get a million for every try he does. Now Elliot looks like an absolute plonker and has shit stats but he has more creative flair than everyone else in the team. I’m happy to take his shit if he can set up tries.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He only plays well when we have momentum, if we lack momentum then he just gets fucking monstered by the defence and falls off tackles when defending. Really isn't a place in the team for him with the likes of Tolman, Napa and Jackson already there, we need a real prop in place of him that can generate momentum.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He only plays well when we have momentum, if we lack momentum then he just gets fucking monstered by the defence and falls off tackles when defending. Really isn't a place in the team for him with the likes of Tolman, Napa and Jackson already there, we need a real prop in place of him that can generate momentum.
Just look at the momentum Manly get from the get go with explosive props

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I reckon that pass to Hoppa was a.hail mary that luckily hit the mark. He never even looked.
Haha. Maybe. It wouldn't surprise me. He has shown soft hands other times but he has the ball more than our halves most of the time.

Its like he took over Graham's role under Des. Pay has barely changed a thing.

I feel like its been since 2012 since we were an attacking force. Every other season we've struggled to score points and it keeps getting worse.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just look at the momentum Manly get from the get go with explosive props
Yup, meanwhile we had Napa rushed into the starting side alongside Tolman, hardly a frontrow that is going to get you rolling down field to start games. Odin should've retained his starting spot and it was obvious that's what needed to happen before a ball was even kicked.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rocks and diamonds.. frustrating!!!!

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, meanwhile we had Napa rushed into the starting side alongside Tolman, hardly a frontrow that is going to get you rolling down field to start games. Odin should've retained his starting spot and it was obvious that's what needed to happen before a ball was even kicked.
Can’t believe Pay only gave Ogden 26 mins. FMD

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When we look back at this underachieving period of our beloved Bulldogs , and seek answers and an explanation as to why we have hit a wall, all we have to do is look at who was on our roster in this dark period , see Elliot’s name amongst the other mediocre ones and understand why we are where we are right now.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention many missed tackled by Elliot that have lead directly to tries.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
He has his good moments but you know he will make mistake every game. Average bench player at best, I hope someone from the ESL snaps him up.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t believe Pay only gave Ogden 26 mins. FMD
I was wondering this but after his first effort he did seemed quite gassed when the camera flashed to him on the bench.
My only guess is that he is still working on his fitness, I dunno..

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When we look back at this underachieving period of our beloved Bulldogs , and seek answers and an explanation as to why we have hit a wall, all we have to do is look at who was on our roster in this dark period , see Elliot’s name amongst the other mediocre ones and understand why we are where we are right now.
Not just on our roster but in our leadership group

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All effort.... No IQ. I couldn’t believe how many tackles he fell off until someone pointed it out and I started paying close attention. If he is in the leadership group he must set high standards on the training park as he is easily in the bottom half when it comes to ability in our best 17.