Opinion Any chance of a mid-season signing?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Nick Tedesci reporting that the Dogs are close to signing Jake Granville from North Queensland...
Wtf that will do me, surely we aren't that fucking dumb... over our recruitment and coaching staff, inept ***** the lot of em'

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Always hated the idea of us getting Liddle... but would love him over fucking Granville...
We missed out on Robson, so we take the Cowboys sloppy seconds. We are a joke

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The following are off contract at the end of this season:
Sosaia Feki
George Jennings
Clint Gutherson
Dean Whare

I'd prefer we spent our money there. Holland could probably even work at hooker.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d take Dean Whare defence alone

Gutherson not for 700

And throw cash at the Manly back up hooker

1. He’s a gun
2. Fk Des

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck that! Granville hasn't played well for three years which is why they just signed Robson.

So we miss out on Robson and buy Granville? This better not be true. I cant take much more of the club signing the dregs from other clubs.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis isnt the answer. We seriously need to move him on. Aiden Sezer is playing nsw cup. Make a play for him. Meaney foran sezer jmk its a good mix of youth and experience. Sezer has 5-6 years left in him.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd sign Granville on a 3 year deal with the Cowboys paying some of it for 2020 and 2021. Makes great sense financially. We also need experience in the hooker position if Cogger, Lewis and Meaney are the rest of the spine. Plus he can help mould our next hooker. Excellent buy if it works out. I like this.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis isnt the answer. We seriously need to move him on. Aiden Sezer is playing nsw cup. Make a play for him. Meaney foran sezer jmk its a good mix of youth and experience. Sezer has 5-6 years left in him.
Mate you gotta be joking about Lewis...
Move him on ......tha0nk fuck your not on the recruitment team
I like rapana......think the ship has s0ailed on the sezer idea

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd sign Granville on a 3 year deal with the Cowboys paying some of it for 2020 and 2021. Makes great sense financially. We also need experience in the hooker position if Cogger, Lewis and Meaney are the rest of the spine. Plus he can help mould our next hooker. Excellent buy if it works out. I like this.
Do you really believe our recruitment team can negotiate that the cowboys pay some of his freight...
You have seen first hand how inept we are with the klemmer release without even getting a player swap.
Wishful thinking though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Granville is 30 years old by the way..

He's a hooker who relies on pace and elusiveness and he hasn't displayed much of that while regressing badly the last two years. So signing him to a rebuilding team would make zero sense.

How does the club go from targeting a young gun like Robson to settling for a 30 yeard old rapidly declining Granville, who the Cowboys replaced with Robson himself?

Last edited:

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The following are off contract at the end of this season:
Sosaia Feki
George Jennings
Clint Gutherson
Dean Whare

I'd prefer we spent our money there. Holland could probably even work at hooker.
Dean Whare is not off contract, but Penrith have advised him that he is free to look elsewhere.

Would definitely jump at Whare. One of the best defensive centres in the game.

We need a couple of big boppers and would look at Welch who is off contract

Whare & Welch would be a step in the right direction and would not break the bank

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't mind this kid Ikuvalu from the Rorters on the wing or centre. Has size and a good finisher. He wouldn't be on much and he won't get much of a chance once Ryan Hall and BMoz come back from injury.
Are you talking about the Sam perrett clone?

Please keep him away from the club

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is still evolving... his defence alone earns him a permanent 1st grade spot.

Wonder how he'd go at hooker though.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Welch is very good and would be a great signing.

But Bellamy rates him highly and with Smith retiring, they'll re-sign Welch and anyone else they want to keep.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Jmk is doing enough we are in more desperate need of a centre/prop/wing another typical pay dud signing

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis is still evolving... his defence alone earns him a permanent 1st grade spot.

Wonder how he'd go at hooker though.
What about lock, play old style lock role, which the gAme will evolve back too if they reduce interchange as having lock as 3rd prop not really needed

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id be suprised if Penrith are letting whare go hes a gun but if so we should be onto him asap

Dogsup

Waterboy
Reaction score
LMAO..about the lewis comment.