Official Round 5 - Dogs vs Dragons - Consolidated Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't wait to see Ogden start and try and murder people...

Sue should consider himself lucky he's back so soon. Hopefully being dropped is a wake up call and he makes the most of the opportunity.

Lichaa on the bench makes no sense. Despite RFM being out of form, the injuries against Melbourne last week prove that we need to carry four forwards.
He is going to find it tough going from 15minutes at the end of a game against tired forwards to starting and playing the first 20 against a fresh dragons forward pack

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd argue an extra forward would've benefited us more last week. Jackson and CHN are versatile enough and Tolman can play hooker for all I care.
That was my thinking with Chris Smith. Not sure how he would go at hooker for 15 minutes or so, but he is quite mobile and I reckon, like CHN could also go into the centers if disaster strikes a half early (move Hoppa to 5/8).

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sue and no RFM or Danny Fualalo? WOW... Pay better make the right choice on this one considering Sue didn't even play last week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
That was my thinking with Chris Smith. Not sure how he would go at hooker for 15 minutes or so, but he is quite mobile and I reckon, like CHN could also go into the centers if disaster strikes a half early (move Hoppa to 5/8).
Forgot about him..that's more than enough versatility for our current side.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Was sussing out the refs not so long ago..
Wow, interesting reading that site. So since the start of 2016 we’ve had:

G Sutton: 1 win, 7 losses 12.5 %
C Sutton: 1 win, 7 losses 12.5% ( other ref in win was Klein)
G Atkins: 3 wins, 7 losses 30%
B Cummins: 7 wins, 8 losses 47%
A Klein: 6 wins, 4 losses 60%
H Perenara: 6 wins 4 losses 60 %

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sue and no RFM or Danny Fualalo? WOW... Pay better make the right choice on this one considering Sue didn't even play last week.
Well have a look at the results of our reserve team last week .. 42-0 loss with fualalo and rfm

They won’t be getting a call up anytime soon

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Well have a look at the results of our reserve team last week .. 42-0 loss with fualalo and rfm

Wasn't Fualalo's fault. He was one of only 3-4 players who showed up to play. Probably our best on the park.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He is going to find it tough going from 15minutes at the end of a game against tired forwards to starting and playing the first 20 against a fresh dragons forward pack
It will be an adjustment for sure but the only way he can improve is to be challenged and get more exposure. He seems like the type who could handle it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I thought Fualalo was the only one who had a crack but RFM mailed it in.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
As an unemotional observer I noticed the Dogs are not yet playing the full 80 minutes.
I was impressed with the game against the Storm but your guys let it slip and grasped defeat from the jaws of victory.
Play the full 80 against St Merge and should come away with the 2 competition points.
Your bench is weak though - why are several of your better players (last year) not getting a run?
Thanks Einstein, bench maybe weak but our so called better players are not that good this year.Tell me again how if we play for 80 minutes we win,have never heard that quote before lmao let alone the defeat from jaws of victory cliche. Move on please

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Licha isn’t a utility. He’s a nothing—he’s not good at anything. We have players in our team that can cover all forward positions, and all backs. We need 4 forwards on the bench, or a proper utility
Brown is in the Reserves.....could it be....

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin can fill in for 10 minutes of so. JMK should be playing as close to 80 as he can. Lichaa is awful.
He's honestly not that bad for a 20min stint. I just think we need a utility on the bench, whether it's lichaa or someone else i don't care.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

True, though Fualalo had a decent game and RFM does not deserve to be in reggies. Kids confidence is being shot.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pays love affair with sue and lichha fucking killing me

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Licha isn’t a utility. He’s a nothing—he’s not good at anything. We have players in our team that can cover all forward positions, and all backs. We need 4 forwards on the bench, or a proper utility
We definitely don't need 4 forwards. Barely any teams run with 4 forwards on the bench anymore and if they do, the 4th forward gets minimal minutes if any. Having him there at least frees up jmk to play somewhere else if we get an injury.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt holland spend a bit of time playing dummy half last year as well?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brown is in the Reserves.....could it be....
Yeh he’s good but he’s been out for ages so he would be well under done. Didn’t even have a pre season. He needs a few more games under his belt I reckon

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Jmk really played well against the storm, i wish he could play 80 min, would make a big difference. Ogden should aim up now starting taking napas place. He is getting better every game. The bombs that lewis is putting up now seem to be getting higher and higher, his got some boot on him. Doggies to win by 12

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.