News Kieran Foran vows to beat injury curse and return early for Bulldogs

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heaps of players get this injury the beauty was his hammys/back were fine i hope he kicks on when he gets back

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya know.. I was always keen to get him to the doggs when it was always rumoured etc.. but then when we did finally get foz I have to admit I wasn’t very happy..

But after his effort and the heart he showed An is showing now through injury I wish him all the best.!! And as long as he plays for and wears the mighty blue and white BULLDOGS jersey I will give him my full support. Don’t care what others think.

He’s here, he plays for this club and that’s it !! Good luck foz and hope ya back sooner rather than later mate :grinning:
You know I felt exactly the same... I always got excited when the rumours came around again and again...

He knocked us back 3 times before eventually joining as a shadow of his former self.

I still can't help but feel resentment toward him for joining us so late in his career while he's literraly on his last legs...

Had he come across at the same time as Des he would have been a Bulldog legend. Would have got us a premiership for sure in 2012.

I wish him a speedy recovery, but I'm counting the days until his contract is up.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The dogs will be having a party once this imposter is off our books

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Back to training less than 24 hours after going under the knife

Commitment

Unluggy with this particular injury
A fine glass vase goes from treasure to trash, the moment it is broken

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope hes back before 10 weeks
The irony is, if he’s back earlier, he may not be 100%. Which would eventually lead to more injuries. The dude has been smashed to pieces and never healed properly, don’t wanna lead down that road again.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he can be a really good mentor to the halves for the next few months. I hope he does.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no doubt he will bust his arse to get back on the field,He is tough no issue there,the problem is when he does come back he will play 2/3 games and we will be having the same conversation.It sounds to me like he is in denial about the state of his body,if he plays for another five years it will be a fucking medical miracle.
I wish him a speedy recovery but he needs to be our halves coach not on our playing roster.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I have no doubt he will bust his arse to get back on the field,He is tough no issue there,the problem is when he does come back he will play 2/3 games and we will be having the same conversation.It sounds to me like he is in denial about the state of his body,if he plays for another five years it will be a fucking medical miracle.
I wish him a speedy recovery but he needs to be our halves coach not on our playing roster.
What exactly is the re occurring injury/weakness that has you thinking that his body is not in tip top shape?

Because this incident has nothing to do with any previous injury or weakness. Some people harp on about hamstring weakness, when we know it was caused by a bulging disc that has been treated, plus specific work on them with Shirvington. Hence no sign of any hamstring issues this year that I have seen. I haven't seen any re occurrance for the last 6 years of the shoulder injuries that occurred earlier in his career. The toe tendons from last year is a freak injury, but I see no relationship with anything prior.

I just don't see any inherent weaknesses in his body that some people harp on about. He might be just plain unlucky, but even there it's not like syndesmosis injuries are rare in football. Wakeham did one in training that's why he isn't playing.

Go Dogs

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What exactly is the re occurring injury/weakness that has you thinking that his body is not in tip top shape?

Because this incident has nothing to do with any previous injury or weakness. Some people harp on about hamstring weakness, when we know it was caused by a bulging disc that has been treated, plus specific work on them with Shirvington. Hence no sign of any hamstring issues this year that I have seen. I haven't seen any re occurrance for the last 6 years of the shoulder injuries that occurred earlier in his career. The toe tendons from last year is a freak injury, but I see no relationship with anything prior.

I just don't see any inherent weaknesses in his body that some people harp on about. He might be just plain unlucky, but even there it's not like syndesmosis injuries are rare in football. Wakeham did one in training that's why he isn't playing.

Go Dogs

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The fact that he is there at training less than 24 hours after the fact shows his commitment to our club and I wish I could say that the fan base is committed to him in the same way.
We are certainly split down the middle with many still hating on him for reasons out of his control (Who would have knocked back that contract from Ded Hasler), there are many who can see that the two injuries he incurred while at the dogs (Toe last year and ankle this year) are not related to prior issues he had before joining the dogs.

He looks fit, he looks happy and he looks committed.
His form going in to this injury was outstanding and he got hurt because he isn't scared to lead from the front.
I think he was seriously unlucky and while its good to have him still at training, helping the young boys, I cant wait to see him back out on the paddock.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Go Dogs
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/02...foran-will-manage-for-the-rest-of-his-career/

He has a back injury he needs to manage for the rest of his career

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Foran busted that shoulder in his last game for Parra in 2016 and missed the rest of that season. Having so many "freak" long term injuries is more then just bad luck his body just can't handle the style of football he plays.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He has a back injury he needs to manage for the rest of his career
I'm at a loss to understand how that has anything to do with a syndesmosis injury, perhaps you can help me out with understanding the relationship between the 2?

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Foran busted that shoulder in his last game for Parra in 2016 and missed the rest of that season. Having so many "freak" long term injuries is more then just bad luck his body just can't handle the style of football he plays.
The other shoulder, not the same shoulder so it was even a re occurrence.

I'm at a loss to understand how that has anything to do with a syndesmosis injury, perhaps you can also help me out?

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The other shoulder, not the same shoulder so it was even a re occurrence.

I'm at a loss to understand how that has anything to do with a syndesmosis injury, perhaps you can also help me out?

Go Dogs
So both shoulders have issues?

I'm not talking specifically about the syndesmosis you mentioned that I'm talking about his last 4 years of football where he has spent more time on the sidelines then playing. There is more to it then bad luck and freak injuries.

His body can't cope and it is more likely to get worse the older he gets.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Go Dogs
I hear what your saying mate but Foran has consistently suffered injuries for as long as I can recall literally from head to toe and now he’s in his thirties it would be highly optimistic to think he will remain injury free for the rest of this season let alone five years.
There is a fine line between being optimistic and being delusional

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hear what your saying mate but Foran has consistently suffered injuries for as long as I can recall literally from head to toe and now he’s in his thirties it would be highly optimistic to think he will remain injury free for the rest of this season let alone five years.
There is a fine line between being optimistic and being delusional
I am pretty sure if he plays for 5 years then it wont be at the dogs. Unless of course he takes a substantial pay cut.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
People need to stop crying about how much money his on. Get the fuck over it. How many times do we need to listen to his on million dollars a season and we get nothing out of him. Its done thats it get over it stop crying about it. There is nothing me you or anyone can do about it. Only thing we can do is support him. His here for at least another 1 year after this year.
People get cut that he got away with negotiating a ridiculous contract, when his performances at the time warranted half of what he’s on, or less...THAT’s all on the club; his manager would’ve been laughing his tits off!

Dare say, if he intends o play on for 5 more years, it will be on 40% or so of what he’s currently paid. Don’t imagine any bidding wars are going to erupt any time soon over one K.Foran.

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm at a loss to understand how that has anything to do with a syndesmosis injury, perhaps you can help me out with understanding the relationship between the 2?

Go Dogs
You asked: "What exactly is the re occurring injury/weakness that has you thinking that his body is not in tip top shape?"

And I told you it was a back injury. So why are you now trying to pretend that you asked about a syndesmosis injury?

I hope this helps