News Beattie and Greenberg under threat if they mishandle De Belin incident. - UPDATE: P6 JDB Stood Down

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like Tuesday is D Day (possibly for Napa decision too) and if mishandled Thursday is the ARLC meeting.

Greenberg and Beattie have to go. If Beattie just goes, he's the scapegoat. Greenberg is damaging the game all the time he remains there.
I honestly don’t know how Greenburg isn’t already pushed out of office

I don’t want to sound bias here
But his handling of the bulldogs mad Monday was well and truely over the top,

And then his handling of Greg ingles was equally as outrageous.

I simply don’t know how he can justify the punishments and lack there of

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am still pissed off with Burgess getting the all clear.. Inglis our so called Australian captain could off killed someone innocent with his drink driving he gets a bloody reference from the turd.
That’s setting a great example.
Beattie I warned on here when he became Chairman how incompetent the guy is left Queensland broke and put in charge of the NRL could never be a good mix.
They should never of been given their jobs in the first place. They are there to satisfy a certain number of people.
Now the press is on them I hope both don’t see the season out.
I am not going to support the Australian team until Inglis fucks off. Fun fact: I stopped going for them after the 2012 grand final due to the special treatment towards Cam Smith and Billy Slater and the fact that the team was 90% Queenslanders .

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As much as 99.95% of rugby league fans and players would love to see the back of Greenberg, he won’t be going anywhere. He would never step down and I don’t believe they’ve have the balls to sack him.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Nothing will happen to them... protected species.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing SHOULD happen to them, unless they are planning to plead guilty.

Im sorry - but due process, and innocent until proven guilty still stand here. I don't care how much of a ratbag the player is - so much bad could come of this, if they pursue down this track.

I agree that the NRL has a HORRIBLE track record of how they handle player and societal indiscretion. If they ban a player, who is yet to be found guilty of anything, then they are not only playing lawmaker, but setting an absolute dangerous precedent.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I am not going to support the Australian team until Inglis fucks off. Fun fact: I stopped going for them after the 2012 grand final due to the special treatment towards Cam Smith and Billy Slater and the fact that the team was 90% Queenslanders .
I don’t blame you. Actually still pissed about this indigenous game really over it. Only team I am going to support from now on is the dogs everyone else can get stuffed.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
V’Landys is a very astute administrator, would be a wise move elevating him to one of these positions...

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As much as 99.95% of rugby league fans and players would love to see the back of Greenberg, he won’t be going anywhere. He would never step down and I don’t believe they’ve have the balls to sack him.
Nothing will happen to him until newslimited goes against him until then his safe unfortunately

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With Greenberg gone, it will clear a path to lynch Bernard Sutton....this **** is one of the biggest stains on the game

Canis Maximus

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wonder if he still thinks that kids jumper is a knights jumper.. his a wanker
haha - that was classic TV, Almost as bad as not knowing what NRL team played out of the shire - Cronulla Seagulls, hawks or sharks.
I am sure his answer was something along the lines of - haven't got a bloody clue but I'll know next week.

Still has no clue about NRL

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if its a hoax rest assured nines camera crew will be there to have a sit down interview with jack and his partner

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I see 2 problems with standing DeBelin down;

Innocent until proven guilty is a cornerstone of our law. If the NRL stands him down they are giving any jury a strong indication that he is guilty. It could be considered as influencing the outcome of the trial.

More importantly it sets a dangerous precedent, every player in future that is accused of any criminal offence would have to be stood down. Even if it’s a vexatious claim. For example an opposition team’s supporter claims a gun player assaulted him, the NRL has to stand the player down. Ex partners seeking revenge, blackmalers chasing a quick $ etc. The ElMasri situation is a prime example of what happens when the NRL jumps the gun.

I don’t see a winning strategy here, damned if they do and damned if they don’t.

Go Dogs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
More importantly it sets a dangerous precedent, every player in future that is accused of any criminal offence would have to be stood down.
If police charge them that should be what the NRL are basing their decision on.