Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah would do the trick, but I wouldn't order from them. No concept of what the word ETA means, then turn into a smart arse and highlight it's only an ESTIMATED time of availability, not an ACTUAL time of availability. Mega Buy are just as friggin bad.

JW, Mwave, ARC, IJK, EYO - I've brought from before and trust.

Umart, AusPCMarket and Centrecom are quite good too.

PCCG are good too, but you'll generally get absolutely reamed on postage as they are in Victoria.

https://www.centrecom.com.au/aoc-cq32g175-315-free-sync-2k-curved-gaming-led-monitor ETA 28th Feb 2019.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah would do the trick, but I wouldn't order from them. No concept of what the word ETA means, then turn into a smart arse and highlight it's only an ESTIMATED time of availability, not an ACTUAL time of availability. Mega Buy are just as friggin bad.

PCCG are good too, but you'll generally get absolutely reamed on postage as they are in Victoria.

https://www.centrecom.com.au/aoc-cq32g175-315-free-sync-2k-curved-gaming-led-monitor ETA 28th Feb 2019.
Free shipping

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Price vs performance. In order to step up to a 32" (or larger) 1440p or QHD you're looking a significant amount more (at least a few hundred).

I'll admit I haven't used it much (just to do some testing, etc) but I didn't have a problem with the AG322FCX ... though it'd depend highly on a few things.

If you have it on a desk and are sitting up close, then I can imagine it'd be a problem. I've got dual 24s on my desk, and a single 27 on another desk/workbench. Sitting closer to anything larger would be problematic.

But on a racing sim rig you are much further away from the monitor, so it's not as noticable.

The problem is that when you run a low res on a large screen everything can look big and bulky. But it's normally only a problem if you are using it as a general work monitor, etc.

That said this is another option:
https://www.pccasegear.com/products...inch-curved-freesync-144hz-qhd-gaming-monitor

Not due till 8th March 2019 though...

Similar to C32G1 but 2560x1440p, 300mcd/2

BUT it's $469.

Thoughts @Hacky McAxe ?
Not bad but there's probably better options. Personally I'd avoid anything with over 60 Hz. Gaming at 144 Hz is great but it takes a kick arse graphics card to do it on one monitor, and you tend to pay a premium for anything over 60 Hz so you may be able to find a cheaper monitor that is only 60 Hz.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Curved is better for sim stuff (car/plane), and if you add another 2 for fuller immersion curved definitely makes sense.

Southy Mwave are really good to deal with. Picked up and had delivered from them before. Not sure if they still do but at one stage they had express delivery options. I ordered 4PM that day $3000 worth of parts. 6:30PM that night they were delivered.

Not bad but there's probably better options. Personally I'd avoid anything with over 60 Hz. Gaming at 144 Hz is great but it takes a kick arse graphics card to do it on one monitor, and you tend to pay a premium for anything over 60 Hz so you may be able to find a cheaper monitor that is only 60 Hz.
Thats why I wasn't worried about 1440p monitors. 2560 x 1440p @144Hz is going to require more graphics grunt than 1920 x 1080p @ 144Hz

That said (and correct me if I'm wrong), but doesn't the human eye struggle to see anything over 60Hz anyway??

Found a few 31.5" lower Hz monitors.

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/aoc-c32v1q75-315-75hz-fhd-curved-va-monitor-ac16612 - $289
1920x1080 @ 75Hz (DP & HDMI) / 4ms GTG / 3Yr WTY / Supplier Stock

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/samsung-c32f391fwe-315-fhd-va-curved-lcd-led-monitor-white-ab84593 - $299 WHITE ONLY
1920x1080 @ 60Hz (DP & HDMI) / 4ms GTG / 3Yr WTY / Mwave Warehouse Stock

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/philips-328e8qjab5-315-fhd-curved-led-monitor-ac05846 - $329
1920x1080 @ 60Hz (DP & HDMI) / 5ms GTG / 3Yr WTY / Supplier Stock

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/ao...-curved-flickerfree-va-gaming-monitor-ac19619 - $389
2560 x 1440 @ 75Hz (DP and HDMI) / 4ms GTG / 3Yr WTY / Mwave Stock

@Hacky McAxe thoughts on the last one there? 1440p at 75Hz on a 31.5" compared to 1080p at 75Hz on a 31.5"?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Curved is better for sim stuff (car/plane), and if you add another 2 for fuller immersion curved definitely makes sense.

Southy Mwave are really good to deal with. Picked up and had delivered from them before. Not sure if they still do but at one stage they had express delivery options. I ordered 4PM that day $3000 worth of parts. 6:30PM that night they were delivered.

Thats why I wasn't worried about 1440p monitors. 2560 x 1440p @144Hz is going to require more graphics grunt than 1920 x 1080p @ 144Hz

That said (and correct me if I'm wrong), but doesn't the human eye struggle to see anything over 60Hz anyway??

Found a few 31.5" lower Hz monitors.

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/aoc-c32v1q75-315-75hz-fhd-curved-va-monitor-ac16612 - $289
1920x1080 @ 75Hz (DP & HDMI) / 4ms GTG / 3Yr WTY / Supplier Stock

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/samsung-c32f391fwe-315-fhd-va-curved-lcd-led-monitor-white-ab84593 - $299 WHITE ONLY
1920x1080 @ 60Hz (DP & HDMI) / 4ms GTG / 3Yr WTY / Mwave Warehouse Stock

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/philips-328e8qjab5-315-fhd-curved-led-monitor-ac05846 - $329
1920x1080 @ 60Hz (DP & HDMI) / 5ms GTG / 3Yr WTY / Supplier Stock

https://www.mwave.com.au/product/ao...-curved-flickerfree-va-gaming-monitor-ac19619 - $389
2560 x 1440 @ 75Hz (DP and HDMI) / 4ms GTG / 3Yr WTY / Mwave Stock

@Hacky McAxe thoughts on the last one there? 1440p at 75Hz on a 31.5" compared to 1080p at 75Hz on a 31.5"?
In regard to the last monitor, I do like it but I would suggest a 1ms response time over a 4ms response time. As you pointed out earlier, there's a lot more involved in it but generally if it's a cheaper monitor then 4ms is going to cause some input lag any which way.

In regard to the 60hz human eye sight thing, that's a myth. It's a myth based on a true thing.

Basically if you show 60 images to a person is 1 second they will be able to differentiate between the images to the most part. Beyond 60 images per second they won't be able to.

But that's not the entirety of how frame rate works. Image differentiation is one thing but motion recognition is a completely different thing. While the human eye and mind can't differentiate between more than 60 images per second, it can handle up to 1,000 frames per second in motion.

What this effectively means is that anyone should be able to easily tell the difference between 60 Hz and 100 Hz. 80% of the population can tell the difference between 100 Hz and 144 Hz, and at least 50% of the population can tell the difference between 144 Hz and 200 Hz.

After that it gets a little more complex. The human eye can keep detecting differences up to 1,000 Hz and the human mind untrained can also detect that, but our minds are trained and influenced. So while our eyes and brains can differentiate 900 Hz from 1,000 Hz, generally they don't because our mind fills in the gaps already.

Its much like the linear illusions you see. Like the staircase illusion that goes on forever. Our minds can't comprehend it because we're used to seeing stairs.

The same goes for refreshed images but it has the added effect of motion detection that allows us to see patterns. It's an evolutionary effect that allowed us to survive animal attacks. Like standing in a field and seeing grass move. The mind automatically translates that to an animal moving through the grass. In a certain state of awareness you would 100% believe that you saw a tiger running through the grass, but all it rally was is your brain filling in the gaps.

But I'm getting too complex for this issue. Suffice to say, the 60 Hz/FPS human eye thing is a myth.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Bloody hell... that mission in GTA SA where you have to get the car to hop to the beats of the song is as annoying AF :rage::rage::rage:

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody hell... that mission in GTA SA where you have to get the car to hop to the beats of the song is as annoying AF :rage::rage::rage:
Pfft. Piss easy.

You're using controller, yeah?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Pfft. Piss easy.

You're using controller, yeah?
No brother, I'm a PC gamer. The problem is using the controllers on the number pad make it hard. I needed to reassign the keys to I'm using the arrows. Did that and won fairly comfortably. Being the idiot that I am though, I thought you had to modify the car before attempting it as that will give you points, so I modified it then won... however I'm sure modding the car had nothing to do with the win in the end.

Can't wait to go home tonight and play it again... I feel like a little kid again lol.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No brother, I'm a PC gamer. The problem is using the controllers on the number pad make it hard. I needed to reassign the keys to I'm using the arrows. Did that and won fairly comfortably. Being the idiot that I am though, I thought you had to modify the car before attempting it as that will give you points, so I modified it then won... however I'm sure modding the car had nothing to do with the win in the end.

Can't wait to go home tonight and play it again... I feel like a little kid again lol.
So am I but you need the controller with games like GTA.

Haha. That sucks. Hope you bet the mac amount of $1,000?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Called mwave they do have it ,i got about 2 hrs before i make my decision lol i think ill run with it

Wahesh

Reaction score
So am I but you need the controller with games like GTA.

Haha. That sucks. Hope you bet the mac amount of $1,000?
I can't play with a controller bro, for the missions that require gun shooting I need a mouse, can't do it with the thumbstick.

Being the idiot that I am, I bet $1000 first time, then lost that miserably, so I reloaded the game and then just started doing $50 because I CBB. What shits me about that mission is that if you lose, you have to travel all the way back to Sweet's house, then to the car guy, then to the meet. It just gets so frustrating doing all that driving. The good thing is after that mission though you get to keep that modified low-rider and store it in the Johnson House Garage.

Can't wait until I hit San Fiero and all the missions with Catalina. Damn it's a great game. Picking a good radio station is the only downside to Vice City, that takes some getting used to. CSR is the one I think is the best (so far).

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Catalina is a ****! Easily the worst part of the game.

Bro, wtf are you on about? San Andreas had the best radio stations. K dst, radio Los Santos and bounce fm are the shit.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Catalina is a ****! Easily the worst part of the game.

Bro, wtf are you on about? San Andreas had the best radio stations. K dst, radio Los Santos and bounce fm are the shit.
lol I don't mind her. She's crazy but in a funny way though. The part where she has Carl on his knees about to kill him and Carl beginning to for mercy was a crack up, along with all the times she taunted him after leaving... when she'd ring up and make those sex sounds LOL.

With the radio stations, after listening to the AWESOME music on Vice City, anything else is a step back.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I loved Maurice Chavez. Not Charvz, not Chaveez...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ive pulled the trigger on that monitor ,seems to have everything that meets my requirements, now need more ram and another ssd thats not overly urgent it can get by.