News After three seasons blighted by injury, Kieran Foran is ready for his comeback

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lewis should start running the ball himself more often.
He should and defenitely needs to improve it. I'd like him to play on the ball a lot for us next season, even if it's as simple as him just dumping it onto a forward for a hitup.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I know that players always say they are ready for a big year and sometimes we need to take that with a grain of salt. We want to hear positive as fans and that is what we get.

Talking to the lad, he seemed honest and sincere and he is exuding confidence and belief in himself and he does not want to disappoint. Wants to get involved, get down and dirty and won't shy away from the hard stuff in the middle in defence but still wants to take on the line a bit more. Did plenty of kicking at the open training session too and basically for some of the drills ran out wide but in the more concentrated opposed parts worked in with his halves partner and the men inside and out.
Please tell me he was playing more predominantly as a first receiver, or are we pretty much just playing left and right sided halves again?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like he has bulked up to play front row this year What a porker
Tis just the way he is standing.

That said ... if Lichaa doesn't fire I wonder if Foran could move in at hooker, with Cogger and Lewis in the halves.

I'm still not sold on Cogger though, 20 NRL games (3 wins / 17 losses) and that's with some quality halves players alongside him.

Games with halves partners:
Brock Lamb - 1 (0 wins)
Trent Hodkinson - 7 (0 wins)
Mitchell Pearce - 5 (1 win)
Connor Watson - 7 (2 wins)

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
To be fair he got smashed quite a bit in the first half of last year and kept getting up. He's not made of glass, just prone to re-injury. The toe thing was strange and not what I thought he'd succumb too (hamstrings/back).
All the talk leading into the season was too good to be true, I believe it may have even been fabricated to appease us fans during the long off season with all the controversy and poor 2018 season. However now its getting to closer to the big dance its time to start conditioning us fans and managing our expectations.

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what an abomination of a signing ... 1.2 mil would be close to the highest paid player in the comp..

What we could do with that money, the thought of it just burns me..
Another great Des legacy

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I really hope for Kieran he can rip in, have a really decent injury free season, and silence the critics (and repay us for sticking by him).

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He should and defenitely needs to improve it. I'd like him to play on the ball a lot for us next season, even if it's as simple as him just dumping it onto a forward for a hitup.
For sure. He is a good ball distributor and he has a brain, give him the ball frequently and give him options. I hope he backs himself when the opportunity arises, he has a good size body for a surging type ball runner and could do some real damage.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wow. Another year and another Foran article. But do you know what's worse? The ridicule and abuse he cops here on the kennel.
Foran didn't hold the club over a barrel, the club offered him a highly inflated salary (fuck you des you cocksmoker!!) and he accepted. Nothing criminal about that. And just the same as in any line of work, when your injured carrying out the role of your job you are compensated. The only difference here is that the stakes are much higher. Yet people claim he is committing fraud, larceny etc etc. What a load of shit! If you inured yourself at work and couldn't work I'm sure you would all milk every penny. Absolute hypocrisy!
No doubt I'm pissed off that the club/des offered him his current salary, but he is busting his arse to get on the field and play some footy, and his efforts through all of the constant rehab and the demons that go with it should be applauded. I very much doubt I would have the mental fortitude to get through it all, and nor would most of you.
Bottom line is that if Foran finally has an injury free season and can get back to his form of old, we will be final contenders. If not? Well I think it may be a long season.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. Another year and another Foran article. But do you know what's worse? The ridicule and abuse he cops here on the kennel.
Foran didn't hold the club over a barrel, the club offered him a highly inflated salary (fuck you des you cocksmoker!!) and he accepted. Nothing criminal about that. And just the same as in any line of work, when your injured carrying out the role of your job you are compensated. The only difference here is that the stakes are much higher. Yet people claim he is committing fraud, larceny etc etc. What a load of shit! If you inured yourself at work and couldn't work I'm sure you would all milk every penny. Absolute hypocrisy!
No doubt I'm pissed off that the club/des offered him his current salary, but he is busting his arse to get on the field and play some footy, and his efforts through all of the constant rehab and the demons that go with it should be applauded. I very much doubt I would have the mental fortitude to get through it all, and nor would most of you.
Bottom line is that if Foran finally has an injury free season and can get back to his form of old, we will be final contenders. If not? Well I think it may be a long season.
I know we may not always see eye to eye, but this post of yours is absolutely 100% spot on. Could not agree more.

The bloke was mentally and physically broken and since he left Manly his injuries (including back and hammies) were never dealt with correctly. There's a clear correlation between his performances/appearances and being injury prone, and he was never that bad at Manly.

Tony Ayoub and the team are trying to work miracles now with Kieran to not only try and get him back to peak fitness, but to try and resolve years old injuries that had been left poorly treated in the past. If people want to blame someone, blame Parra and Warriors training/medical staff.

It's no suprise that now we have one of the best in the business back at the Dogs, that Foran is finally looking good in pre season. His head is in a good place, and if he can get his body back in a good place, people are suddenly going to see why we paid out a big price tag for him.

He's got 2019 and 2020 to fire and effectively continue his career. Fail or break down and he won't be re-signed by the club, it's simple as that, and he definitely knows it.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I know we may not always see eye to eye, but this post of yours is absolutely 100% spot on. Could not agree more.

The bloke was mentally and physically broken and since he left Manly his injuries (including back and hammies) were never dealt with correctly. There's a clear correlation between his performances/appearances and being injury prone, and he was never that bad at Manly.

Tony Ayoub and the team are trying to work miracles now with Kieran to not only try and get him back to peak fitness, but to try and resolve years old injuries that had been left poorly treated in the past. If people want to blame someone, blame Parra and Warriors training/medical staff.

It's no suprise that now we have one of the best in the business back at the Dogs, that Foran is finally looking good in pre season. His head is in a good place, and if he can get his body back in a good place, people are suddenly going to see why we paid out a big price tag for him.

He's got 2019 and 2020 to fire and effectively continue his career. Fail or break down and he won't be re-signed by the club, it's simple as that, and he definitely knows it.
Yeah absolutely. It's actually more like the clubs have held him over a barrel. They forced him to play when injured and never properly managed his rehab. I feel sorry for the guy, not pissed off at him.
Last year it was a toe injury that kept him out long term. A toe injury. There's no way that's because he is injury proved, that's just terribly bad luck.
So people reallyneed to give him the benefit of the doubt instead of just bagging the guy relentlessly.
Let's all hope he stays fit and has a cracker of a season,because if he gets back to his best then we might be in for a good year!!

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hope for Kieran he can rip in, have a really decent injury free season, and silence the critics (and repay us for sticking by him).
It appears that not too many on here are sticking by him. Apart from you and I and dogluva

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It appears that not too many on here are sticking by him. Apart from you and I and dogluva
I most definitely hope he has overcome his injuries enough to be a force for us this season and next. We sure as hell need his experience, team guidance around the field and contribution to game control. I believe his problems were caused, or at the very least exacerbated, by his previous teams mismanagement. It’s pretty obvious that he’s working his ass off to overcome the issues and is being helped in this by some very good people.

For this year he’s probably our top gun, but he needs to be injury free to reach the level he is capable of. Not that every player is truly “injury free” all of the time, there is always some niggle here or there to be managed. A solid pre season is a big start and this looks like his best for at least 3 years.

Go Dogs

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods was the worst signing for the dogs ever imo but foran is a very close second.he is a great player that has been let down by his body.We paid for a lambo
and got a holden camira

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Woods was the worst signing for the dogs ever imo but foran is a very close second.he is a great player that has been let down by his body.We paid for a lambo and got a holden camira
I don't think it fair lobbing Woods in with Foran. The former's problem were all his own doing, or lack thereof, whereas the latter is a victim of other peoples' neglect and/or incompetence. Yes we paid / are paying the price, but for very different reasons.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard a lot of Foran's injury problems at Parra were his own doing after he went off the rails and didn't complete rehab properly or in some cases not rehabbing injuries at all............