Movie Discussion

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bird Box on Netflix

Without spoiling the movie, it's rubbish. Don't waste your time. Honestly. Absolutely dead boring. It's like The Happening except they explain what happened in the Happening. In this you never find out what it is as that isn't the main story. The main story is about Sandra Bullock going from a pregnant woman who hates kids to becoming an actual mother who loves kids. That's the plot. That's the sole focus of the movie. It just happens that it takes place during an Armageddon style event.

The movie is a mix between The Happening and a Quiet Place but with really poor writing and odd plot holes. So basically it's The Happening.

2/10

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bird Box on Netflix

Without spoiling the movie, it's rubbish. Don't waste your time. Honestly. Absolutely dead boring. It's like The Happening except they explain what happened in the Happening. In this you never find out what it is as that isn't the main story. The main story is about Sandra Bullock going from a pregnant woman who hates kids to becoming an actual mother who loves kids. That's the plot. That's the sole focus of the movie. It just happens that it takes place during an Armageddon style event.

The movie is a mix between The Happening and a Quiet Place but with really poor writing and odd plot holes. So basically it's The Happening.

2/10

Gee I must be easy to please. I rather enjoyed the Bird Box. Yeah a couple of plot holes but still thought the premise was okay. The inmates are now running the mad house...pretty good touch there that those who were considered the 'unclean' were unaffected....perhaps because they were already living the nightmare........

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Watched that show about the dude who kinda stole McDonald's from McDonald's was good

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Watched The Nun, sucked arse, worst one in the series, D grade at best. 1/10

Watched Venom, didn't mind it, Tom Hardy made it watchable, not enough Venom in it. 5/10

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
PS Predator sucked arse as well, wish I never watched it, nearly turned me off the original. Shit actors as well 1/10.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch on Netflix.

Bloody brilliant.

Honestly at first I was a bit bored and not paying much attention but after focusing more on the story I got to a subpar ending. Then it let me jump back to a decision I made earlier. And changing that decision completely changes the story and results in a different ending. As you go through the different decisions you get different endings and some of them are pretty messed up.

Honestly. Watch through it then keep trying the alternate options. There's masses of endings.

9/10

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Black Mirror: Bandersnatch on Netflix.

Bloody brilliant.

Honestly at first I was a bit bored and not paying much attention then I got to a subpar ending. Then it let's you just back to a decision there. And that decision completely changes it and results in a different ending and some of them getting pretty messed up.

Honestly. Watch though it then keep trying the alternate options. There's masses of endings.

9/10
Sounds good bro

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds good bro
Edited my post. Not sure why it came out like that but it was a complete mess.

The movie itself is a Choose Your Own Adventure style movie. Basically a game and a movie.

And it messes with you occasionally breaking the 4th wall so you're not sure if it's a movie or a movie within a movie.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watched The Nun, sucked arse, worst one in the series, D grade at best. 1/10
Watched it last night with zero expectations and it was well below that. Easily the worst movie I've seen for some time, and I don't say that lightly. That dismal piece of shit doesn't even deserve a quarter of a star

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Watched it last night with zero expectations and it was well below that. Easily the worst movie I've seen for some time, and I don't say that lightly. That dismal piece of shit doesn't even deserve a quarter of a star
Apparently they are working on The Conjuring 3, hopefully it doesn't suck arse like the nun did.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Apparently they are working on The Conjuring 3, hopefully it doesn't suck arse like the nun did.
I really liked the first, wasn't thrilled with the second and hold out no hope for the third. Kinda like the insidious series they are milking it for everything it's worth, returning zero quality in their investment

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
PS Predator sucked arse as well, wish I never watched it, nearly turned me off the original. Shit actors as well 1/10.
How bloody bad was it, i get suckered in every time with the predator movies thinking 'ok surely this time they are going to get it right just like the first one', nope, they just keep getting worse.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Sad to know it was directed by one of the actors from the original.

I haven't seen it.
I refuse to go out of my way to watch new movies as they're generally shit and lack vision from the crew.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of new movies.
Why does the protagonist usually talk in a deep,low and raspy voice?

I swear Christian Bale started that trend.
I should get into acting, I can talk like that perfectly!

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of new movies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Speaking of new movies.

Assassin Jnr does the Batman voice perfectly lol

Everytime I go to record him he goes shy lol

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Assassin Jnr does the Batman voice perfectly lol

Everytime I go to record him he goes shy lol
That style of talking is a cheap method to get the audience to focus on the dialogue imo.

I don't fall for it,
It actually bores me and makes me want to sleep.

Why don't they make more films like taxi driver?
That's the lifestyle I relate to.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That style of talking is a cheap method to get the audience to focus on the dialogue imo.

I don't fall for it,
It actually bores me and makes me want to sleep.

Why don't they make more films like taxi driver?
That's the lifestyle I relate to.
Favourite voice in a movie for me is Tony Montana