News Bulldogs' chase of Napa and Liddle sparks chain reaction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man, I’d love it if we just let Klemmer go and seriously just build a war chest to splurge when the right players come off contract. The reality is that we’re not going to win a premiership next year, so who cares
The reality is no **** wants to come here

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer asked for release it was granted.. purely financial.
He understands he won’t be released unless a suitable player is signed.
The squad are fine, they’re not kicking and screaming, they’re training, they’re not crying. They want it resolved just as much as klemmer does. Hope this answers your concerns
Yeah just like the napa deal
Purely financial
Dumb decision by the desperate dogs
Not much change left from what i have been told.
Just dumb and desperate

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Can't tell me all concerned are disappointed in Klemmer's actions on this one, especially the playing group and staff? They would have been looking forward to playing footy with him next year. He has let us all down and he should know it. Yeah yeah money money. The bloke had given his word to play for us represented in his contract for financial benefit.

Without financial hardship as a reason then it comes down to a choice about what sort of person you want to be really...…. $$$$ or integrity?

Personally I think it's best he leaves now. Has no heart for the club so why reward him with a jersey.

As for Napa. Whether you like him or not it would seem likely he is with us next year??

I can see why he has a big decision. From Premiers with unlimited resources and a huge sombrero to a club rebuilding and lacking genuine marquee attraction. It's a big gamble so IF he does come over then it should be because he is keen. He could be an absolute weapon if Pay can coach him. Remember Pay was a handy hard hitting Forward in his day.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah just like the napa deal
Purely financial
Dumb decision by the desperate dogs
Not much change left from what i have been told.
Just dumb and desperate
Dumb & desperate in what way? Klemmer approaches us and wants to leave, we say ONLY if we can get a player in return. Where's the 'dumb and desperate' in that?

It seems as though we've had Napa lined up, if and only IF he doesn't come off and then we panic buy then THAT would be 'dumb & desperate' in my mind.

Reactions: obe

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dumb & desperate in what way? Klemmer approaches us and wants to leave, we say ONLY if we can get a player in return. Where's the 'dumb and desperate' in that?

It seems as though we've had Napa lined up, if and only IF he doesn't come off and then we panic buy then THAT would be 'dumb & desperate' in my mind.
Lets agree to disagree on this.

I would rather bring back kasiano and tapau.

They were amazing together in our presidents cup side a few years back.

Now that would make me hot and sweaty.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

Kasiano I agree has had his moments in the past but under "super coach" last year was playing off the bench in Resrve grade for Melbourne.
Big Marty is a different story would take him in a heart beat.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score

PS -"hot and sweaty " is that you D Holland

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer asked for release it was granted.. purely financial.
He understands he won’t be released unless a suitable player is signed.
I’m confused, if a “release was granted” then he’s released, but “he won’t be released”!

My understanding is that he was told he could talk to Newcastle (no one else). That’s it, nothing more than that, just talk, not sign a contract. Which would be against NRL regulations anyway in that he would have 2 concurrent NRL contract (ie; for the same years).

He’s not “released” until he has a signed release from us, registered with the NRL, and as far as I can tell he hasn’t, it hasn’t been, so he isn’t.

Until that happens Newcastle can’t do diddly squat, they have to be very careful. Hence resorting to things like ex players talking.

Go Dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you can't perform under Bellyache you are done... Kasiano is destined to join Parra or the Tigers.... or Titans

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Can't tell me all concerned are disappointed in Klemmer's actions on this one, especially the playing group and staff? They would have been looking forward to playing footy with him next year. He has let us all down and he should know it. Yeah yeah money money. The bloke had given his word to play for us represented in his contract for financial benefit.

Without financial hardship as a reason then it comes down to a choice about what sort of person you want to be really...…. $$$$ or integrity?

Personally I think it's best he leaves now. Has no heart for the club so why reward him with a jersey.

As for Napa. Whether you like him or not it would seem likely he is with us next year??

I can see why he has a big decision. From Premiers with unlimited resources and a huge sombrero to a club rebuilding and lacking genuine marquee attraction. It's a big gamble so IF he does come over then it should be because he is keen. He could be an absolute weapon if Pay can coach him. Remember Pay was a handy hard hitting Forward in his day.
Why wouldn’t he come? Our bistro at the leagues club is better than the roosters one

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can't perform under Bellyache you are done... Kasiano is destined to join Parra or the Tigers.... or Titans
How can he perform when they made him lose all this weight eating greens and shit.
I am sure they made him aneamic.
The man needs to be fuelled by real food
Belmore kebabs and more

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How can he perform when they made him lose all this weight eating greens and shit.
I am sure they made him aneamic.
The man needs to be fuelled by real food
Belmore kebabs and more

They should get Eastwood down there... he could still have a good year or two if he was in shape

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No i am not and sorry to dissapoint you lol.

Kas is an x factor and generally the only time we scored points was when he was on the field.

Bring him home.

his last few seasons have been centred around errors and penalties... no thanks

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In order, error prone, not too bad and the 2nd most overrated player in the NRL.

Go Dogs
wow you're a hard marker.. I couldn't disagree any stronger with your appraisal of those players...

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
wow you're a hard marker.. I couldn't disagree any stronger with your appraisal of those players...
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, all good. Maybe I watch their whole game, not just the edited highlights. Everyone looks good in the highlights.

Go Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.