Attn: Andersons, Hill & The Board

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Such a good comment.
The amount of change so quickly I think will be very hard for the club.
When you have the likes of Peponis throwing the towel in you know there is a big problem.

In 6 years under Des we had 5 final series, two grand finals & 1 minor premiership.

I wonder how we look back after 6 years under the current board?
You figures are correct except for the fact that the success we had under Hasler was as a result of him mortgaging the clubs future to the hilt with back ended contracts.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Napa is aggressive, and whether the stats stack up or not he is possible of changing a game through sheer aggression. It’s the exact thing people love(d) about Klemmer, never takes a backward step. All the great Bulldogs we rave about, Mason or SBW or Omeley, it was all about their mentality - trying to outdo the other with a massive hit. Napa can and will provide that. Not saying he’s a perfect replacement but he wouldn’t look out of place as a bulldog.
Dean Pay was one oof the hardest players ive seen play for the dogs, along with galespie, so if anyone can help napa use his aggression more effectively, its him.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Dylan Napa is the same height and weight as klemmer only a year older.. And hits harder.. Hes a redhead which means his tough as nails and is less one Dimensional than klemmer who needs a run up to make impact.. We will have a fresh team. No more lumbering forwards Eastwood.. So stop your whinging..stop blaming everyone from your leather armchair.. We are rebuilding.. We dont have alot of cash but we will Improve..thats all we can ask for now.. So quit complaining and speaking for all us fans... Your giving me a headache!!!
Ffs when did being a ginger make you tough?

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It's disappointing that we will be losing Klemmer, but if the **** does not want to be here, than the **** should not be here.

Some people are being irrational but thats because of the anger and years of torment and disappointment, which is understandable.

Its extremely hard to nab a premiership and all the stars have to align. How long did it take the rorters to nab a premiership after getting a genuine 1, 6 & 7
What about the Sharks? Purchased a 1,6 & 9

Since 2013 our 1, 6, 7 & 9 have been consistently chopped and changed, and when they did SPEND BIG, they bought duds - Williams, Lichaa, BMoz (as a FB), Woods, Foran

The quality is not there now and when there was previously, we missed out! Tedesco? Des not rating Maloney?

Not only is it important purchasing good established players, you have to hit the spot with recruiting upcoming talent, something which we havent done since 2013!

When Desaster came in, we had Finucane, Jackson, Klemmer, Tapau, Kasiano, Reynolds, Mbye, Barba all in our lower grades or just fresh in first grade.

What did they leave us with in the lower grades? They said no to Munster, Mitchell & Watson when they wanted to come over as juniors. What kind of position would we be in today if we had a Munster & Mitchell who could of come up through our ranks?

We all want established class players, but which ones are off-contract? Why would they come to the Dogs after years of drama, and a destabilized and unbalanced squad?

The club is trying now with the youngsters. i.e Meaney, Cogger. Will it work out? No-one knows, but they need to be given a real and fair chance.

New board and coach came in last year and did not have any opportunities to purchase what is needed, firstly due to the known salary cap issues and secondly, the quality we require is just not available on the market.

All the dib & des dishlickers need to sit back and calm the fuck down. Those ***** had 5 years to build and win a premiership. Des made it to 2 GF's, and those were off the back off teams he inherited, and in no way did that **** build those teams.

The **** can coach a squad when a good squad is given to him, but the **** has absolutely no idea on how to build a squad

He than got rid of the majority of the players and replaced them with what he wanted, and every big money signing made by Hasler was and is a fucken flop. Tony Williams, Lichaa ($300k was massive at that time), Brett Morris, Aaron Woods, Kieran broken fucken Foran.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Whats even more hypocritical is the Dib dishlickers laying in to this board, claiming Klemmer should rot in reserve grade, but when Dibby was in power, it was OK to employ a full-time player who did not want to play on Sunday's.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure our club's cap position is a problem, but I still see that our club has a bigger problem than all other clubs attracting and keeping players, for what ever reason. It would be nice to know if Woodford was unwanted or if he just did not want to stay at our club, in which case it would not have been wise for our board to tell us.
My other worry is Lewis if he kills it next year how long will it before he wants out, even if our club is willing to match any other clubs offer.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Whats even more hypocritical is the Dib dishlickers laying in to this board, claiming Klemmer should rot in reserve grade, but when Dibby was in power, it was OK to employ a full-time player who did not want to play on Sunday's.
Almost everyone is in agreement that the previous administration set the club back years. No one is coming out pining for Hasler and Dibs return.

We just want the new regime to use the cap space they created wisely. Like you said, time will tell.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st up I loathe Dib & Des & was happy the new board came in however I don't believe they are communicating enough to the fans. Yes they said we are stuffed until 2021 so I get Morris twins, Eastwood etc leaving and us still being stuffed BUT then they released Woods & Mbye & now it looks like Klemmer is on the way out so they haven't "updated" us about what this all means. All I am after is a board that actually communicates rather than circling its wagons and giving us nothing other than stony silence. They didn't come out boxing on the mad Monday event nor did they really support Pay when he was fined after the Broncos game. You cant ignore your income source and that is the fans & that is what they are currently doing in my opinion.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Ffs when did being a ginger make you tough?
Name one that wasn't?...lance thomson.. James graham..even fatty never took a backward step.. .its the mad Scottish gene!! .. dylan Napa is exactly what we need..and what we've been missing.. .hitmen!!!

Best buy wevé made in years imo...if he signs

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Almost everyone is in agreement that the previous administration set the club back years. No one is coming out pining for Hasler and Dibs return.

We just want the new regime to use the cap space they created wisely. Like you said, time will tell.
They need a few years up until the backended contracts elapse.

The cap space they created was obviously just enough to fill the numbers in the top 30

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They need a few years up until the backended contracts elapse.

The cap space they created was obviously just enough to fill the numbers in the top 30
Agreed. But spending a fair chunk of Klemmers money on Napa for three seasons seems like a luxury we can't afford and would jeapordise future cap flexibility for players who might have more impact on getting the club back to the finals.

Ideally another half, a centre and especially a hooker.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Name one that wasn't?...lance thomson.. James graham..even fatty never took a backward step.. .its the mad Scottish gene!! .. dylan Napa is exactly what we need..and what we've been missing.. .hitmen!!!

Best buy wevé made in years imo...if he signs
I hope you're right man. He's had huge games in the past, especially when he owned Burgess a few years ago.

But he's also been very average in a lot of other games and doesn't have much skill and doesn't make huge metres as well as his brain explosions (worse than Klemmers if that's possible) which cost his team penalties and gets him suspended often.

If he is signed, most of us that don't like the signing will support him and hope that he proves us wrong.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Agreed. But spending a fair chunk of Klemmers money on Napa for three seasons seems like a luxury we can't afford and would jeapordise future cap flexibility for players who might have more impact on getting the club back to the finals.

Indeed we need another half, centre and hooker, though nothing is available for 2019.

Im not a big fan of Napa, but he will be on alot less than Klemmer, and considering we have Fualalo, Martin and Tualau off contract in 2019 along with Klemmer leaving, we need another forward now and not in 2020, otherwise it will be chasing more forwards on dumb overs, instead of chasing backs and spine players.

If Napa has been offered 600k per season, which i agree is a lot, it is still better than paying 750k for fat pricks like junior paulo and sharon boyd, $1.2m for Klemmer and so on

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But he was paid accordingly like 125k per year total to not play on sundays ..good deal i think ....unlike klemm who is on 10 times that !!

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Indeed we need another half, centre and hooker, though nothing is available for 2019.

Im not a big fan of Napa, but he will be on alot less than Klemmer, and considering we have Fualalo, Martin and Tualau off contract in 2019 along with Klemmer leaving, we need another forward now and not in 2020, otherwise it will be chasing more forwards on dumb overs, instead of chasing backs and spine players.

If Napa has been offered 600k per season, which i agree is a lot, it is still better than paying 750k for fat pricks like junior paulo and sharon boyd, $1.2m for Klemmer and so on
Napa and burgess twins would be handy...rotate all three to equal klemms workrate and minutes....good trade dogs lol oh how the mighty have fallen

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

so your ragging about media speculation ?? remember in the last few weeks who weve been allegedly in talks with ... AFB, Tapau, Napa, Hayne, saifiti bros, Hayne ... LOL so even if we do sign Napa, don't for a second believe it will be 700k ... only DIb and Des would sign him for that sort of cash..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
so your ragging about media speculation ?? remember in the last few weeks who weve been allegedly in talks with ... AFB, Tapau, Napa, Hayne, saifiti bros, Hayne ... LOL so even if we do sign Napa, don't for a second believe it will be 700k ... only DIb and Des would sign him for that sort of cash..
Even if it is for 500k, I still think that's money that should be saved for someone who will have more of an impact long term. We have decent props to get by without Klemmer and you can find cheap young or journeyman props quite easily that would cost much less and do a similar job.

I don't blame the board for this Klemmer fiasco at all. I just want them to be patient with the cap space created and not jump at the first big name prop that gets offered to us. Which would also help the Roosters sign someone better....