Attn: Andersons, Hill & The Board

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fact#1 the last mob set the club back 3years with rockstar backended deals for dead average players.Mbye, Woods

Fact#2 they DIDN’T win a premiership

Fact#3 could identify talent eg Latrell Mitchell & Cameron Munster

Fact#4 Retention policy even more embarrassing eg Finucane/Tapau out. Trex & Tolman upgraded.

Fact #5 read Fact#1 & Fact#2 again.

You don’t require a degree in Accounting or financial management to fully digest the rat’s nest the current board & coaching have had to start with. I too was a supporter of the previous administration ....... until I was made aware of the deception & lies.

Let’s be more be objective & rational less emotive.
But don’t lose your PASSION for the BULLDOGS!
Fact
The new board is as bad as the last.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bulldogs09 do you think emails actually go through to members@bulldogs.com.au ?

It's a genuine question because I have emailed questions and other stuff to that address and heard jack shit back.

I ended up sending hard copy stuff to the Clubs PO Box.

Perhaps others have fared better than me with emails.
Yes it is. I’ve had replies all be it late. They will refund me if I wish to terminate membership. I’m 31 and since I was a kid I signed up. I missed a renewal
When overseas so
It broke it rolling though I’m over a decade again so it’s hard to break but fuck me it’s like the only way we can make it clear

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Great post. I agree with all you wrote and thanks for the effort putting it together.

As to your point about fans losing interest, I got 4 platinum season tickets for 2019 just to give it one last go. I had the same 4 tickets this year (and have had for many years before) but could barely raise the interest to go to games the last few years.

So since I bought the 2019 tickets all this shit with Klemmer has unfolded and I actually feel like returing my 2019 tickets and asking for a refund. That's on the basis that the team is not going to be what I paid to see.

Email the address I provided and say it mate: they will refund it and rightly
So.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this is all about is holding the current admin accountable for things they can control.

We know they inherited a disaster and they did a solid enough job. Klemmer leaving is also out of their control.

Who they sign and if they get compensation is down purely to them. If they get those decisions wrong after they paid 125k to the NRL then the good grace period of last year wears off and they start coming under more scrutiny.
if Newcastle are not willing to provide compensation are you willing to have Klemmer still in the team whiteanting from the inside? just want to understand where you are coming from.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So please tell me your solution.
How do you believe we get back to where we were 15-20 years ago?
Put simply, we don't.

The game as well as how clubs are managed has changed in the last 15-20 years. Our current board need to remember that what worked in the past (and when Bullfrog was in control), doesn't work in this day and age.

The clubs needs board members with strong business prowess to take the club/team to new heights, not try and recycle the past.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put simply, we don't.

The game as well as how clubs are managed has changed in the last 15-20 years. Our current board need to remember that what worked in the past (and when Bullfrog was in control), doesn't work in this day and age.

The clubs needs board members with strong business prowess to take the club/team to new heights, not try and recycle the past.
So what’s your plan? Draw me the roadmap to success .
Name me the willing candidates more suitable than what we have.
Don’t forget, the names Ballesty, McIntyre, Moore, Winchester were the architects that made Canterbury the most enviable sporting brand in Australian sport- others have been given the opportunity to take the baton & dropped it... give this crew 12 more months & you’ll see the organisation take shape once again.
Then we can start to be critical

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Send a fax bro

That’s how far behind the times we are as a club
You know what?

Your suggestion is not as funny as it sounds but I don't have a fax machine at home and I don't think there is one at work either or at least I haven't used one in 5 plus years and we actually moved offices since and got more modern equipment.

Like I said, I have sent hard copy stuff to the Club as email didn't work.

Maybe it's all a delibearate strategy and the Club doesn't want us commoners contacting (ie bothering) it

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Yes it is. I’ve had replies all be it late. They will refund me if I wish to terminate membership. I’m 31 and since I was a kid I signed up. I missed a renewal
When overseas so
It broke it rolling though I’m over a decade again so it’s hard to break but fuck me it’s like the only way we can make it clear
Thanks for your reply Bulldogs09.

Yeah not a lot of joy being a Dogs fan and season ticket holder lately.

Like you, I have been a long term season ticket holder (continuous since Belmore in 1993).

Sometimes lately I wish I could just break free of it all and bail out of following the game altogether but it's hard to do that after so long being a supporter isn't it?

Feels kind of like being stuck in a shitty relationship.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But you can't replace rep players with rep players.

Most of them are signed to other clubs or about to sign/re-sign.

You sign the reserve players in the hope they turn into rep players.

Someone at the club saw the potential in Lachlan Lewis, though Des didn't.

If he continues the way he played this year, he will be a future rep player.
Put him next to a hopefully fit and firing Foran, and Meaney running off them also.. We will score more points this year. And with or without Klem we still have a great forward pack.. Hopefully Lichia plays like a fg Hooker or is dumped and maybe they give someone else a crack..

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So what’s your plan? Draw me the roadmap to success .
Name me the willing candidates more suitable than what we have.
Don’t forget, the names Ballesty, McIntyre, Moore, Winchester were the architects that made Canterbury the most enviable sporting brand in Australian sport- others have been given the opportunity to take the baton & dropped it... give this crew 12 more months & you’ll see the organisation take shape once again.
Then we can start to be critical
I'm not saying I have the answers, I'm just stating that times have changed. Bullfrog Moore would NEVER have allowed this Klemmer situation to play out in the media (or would Greenberg imho).

It's almost like the current mob are trying to run things like yesteryear, but instead wandering around aimlessly not sure what they need to be doing to run the club.

Getting players names wrong at a members forum and displaying them for all and sundry to see (including players that have been with us years), is a real worry.

If you can't get players names right (or ensure the person responsible gets them right), then it's a real worry for everything else.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
The board and club have insinuated without saying as much that due to the cap issues that the only option they really have is to build from the bottom up. If this is the case give them a few years before you cut them up. Woods and mbye were grossly overrated and they let them go. That's a tick. Morris boys love them but they are not getting any quicker and they wanted 2 years... They won't be up to the pace of the league come 2020. Therefore another tick. Eastwood love his passion for the club but not worth having him stand in the way of Martin, Ogden or Renouf. Tick. Klemmer don't want to be at the club so rather then enforce keeping him at club causing a bad environment they let him go additionally dib the idiot would have probably matched the 1.2 on offer. Tick. Promoting Lewis, Smith and Martin was a massive tick. Under Des they wouldn't get a start. Promoting Stevie G to assistant coach. Tick. Creating partnership with north coast region to farm junior talent. Tick.

The only real blemish is the fact they did not stand up to the Nrl over mad Monday. That's not a tick.

i doubt highly any of the positives would have happened under Des, Dib and the Tranny.

Plus don't believe everything the Media is saying. In the past 2weeks we have been linked to Burgess twins, Napa, Taupau, AWB, Swb and Hayne.
Are you going to give a tick if we finish bottom 4 next season?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Like you, I have been a long term season ticket holder (continuous since Belmore in 1993).

Sometimes lately I wish I could just break free of it all and bail out of following the game altogether but it's hard to do that after so long being a supporter isn't it?

Im actually looking forward to next year, first time in a long time . We wont set the world on fire but im looking forward to good improvements

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Haha mate it’s like your heart and loyalty can’t end it. Though your patience and tolerance is over of shit choices and dumb fucks.

Been with the same women since 21 and never had that issue, happily married but fuck me I see the concept

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not saying I have the answers, I'm just stating that times have changed. Bullfrog Moore would NEVER have allowed this Klemmer situation to play out in the media (or would Greenberg imho).

It's almost like the current mob are trying to run things like yesteryear, but instead wandering around aimlessly not sure what they need to be doing to run the club.

Getting players names wrong at a members forum and displaying them for all and sundry to see (including players that have been with us years), is a real worry.

If you can't get players names right (or ensure the person responsible gets them right), then it's a real worry for everything else.
You’re only focusing on problems and not putting forward any viable solutions.
If your biggest gripe with the current board is that the marketing/media department are getting names incorrect, then they’re doing alright....
It’s not as if they signed a front rower on halfback contract money (Woods)or a physically/mentally busted half on 7 figure annual income (Foran) or re-signed a bit player on rep money(Mbye) or a plodder on my international rep money(Tolman) need I go further....Hopoate,Lichaa,Eastwood.
Can you see the financial orgy the current administration inherited?
All thing considered, some crucial coaching strategies with the new skills coach should see the Dogs playing some smart football in 2019. Let’s ALL get behind the Dogs in 2019.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Put him next to a hopefully fit and firing Foran, and Meaney running off them also.. We will score more points this year. And with or without Klem we still have a great forward pack.. Hopefully Lichia plays like a fg Hooker or is dumped and maybe they give someone else a crack..
The big thing your missing is how much the other clubs have improved. We aren’t in the same galaxy.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But you can't replace rep players with rep players.

Most of them are signed to other clubs or about to sign/re-sign.

You sign the reserve players in the hope they turn into rep players.

Someone at the club saw the potential in Lachlan Lewis, though Des didn't.

If he continues the way he played this year, he will be a future rep player.
Except Klemmer gone Napa in is rep player for rep player (Origin)

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with the OP that the club is in a shambolic state.. and unlike previous times in our history it doesnt look like we have the know how or ability to change our fortunes for another 2 seasons..

Too many changes at our club too quickly..
Admin gone, coach gone, experienced players gone..

The problem with it has been it hasnt been replaced with experience successful people that have the runs on the board..

Everything old has been replaced with rookies and who knows how it will turn out..
Such a good comment.
The amount of change so quickly I think will be very hard for the club.
When you have the likes of Peponis throwing the towel in you know there is a big problem.

In 6 years under Des we had 5 final series, two grand finals & 1 minor premiership.

I wonder how we look back after 6 years under the current board?

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Such a good comment.
The amount of change so quickly I think will be very hard for the club.
When you have the likes of Peponis throwing the towel in you know there is a big problem.

In 6 years under Des we had 5 final series, two grand finals & 1 minor premiership.

I wonder how we look back after 6 years under the current board?
LOL peponis was a main contributor to the problem ... Its a Blessing hes gone