Booing Slater

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/slater...7b1d-4093-8bfe-cd02ca77a29b?ocid=Social-NRLFS

I have seen some outrage on social media about fans booing slater at every opportunity last night.

And Cam Smith also had a whinge about it.

What’s the thoughts of the kennel

I think he deserved to be booed

As great a player as he is,
He was a grub throughout his career
He by and large got away with things other players simply wouldn’t

And as a result on his final game of his career fans rightfully used their voices to express their frustration and let slater and the NRL know we are sick of the bullshit

It’s not just slater
With all due respect to these amazing players,

But Smith shits me the most.

JT
Smith
Slater have all been treated very differently than all other players throughout their careers

Whilst I have enjoyed watching them play, I’m glad they are now starting to retire

It’s not their fault
I blame the NRL

Fuck the NRL

I’m really starting to get the shits with the game.

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Agree (except for JT)

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fans pay money and spend time going to the game so therefore should be able to boo whoever they want imo. Slater gets booed once and Cammy has a huge whinge, think he's a bit salty he knows he won't win another premiership

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wally Lewis told a gem of a story a while back. He was saying it was always a dream of his to captain Australia, well long story short his dream came true and he led the Kangaroos out onto the SFS and the crowd boo'd the fuck out of him. Even walking down the tunnel from halftime he said fans were pasting him relentlessly......
Time doesnt change

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Frankly, fuck him. People aren't dumb. People know players like him get treated differently and it pissed the average Joe off. And Magilla Gorilla complaining about it knows it works and will do it to him when he fucks off.

I remember Bulldogs supporters got ripped for booing Cokehead McGee when we beat him in the GF/last game in 2004.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Wally Lewis told a gem of a story a while back. He was saying it was always a dream of his to captain Australia, well long story short his dream came true and he led the Kangaroos out onto the SFS and the crowd boo'd the fuck out of him. Even walking down the tunnel from halftime he said fans were pasting him relentlessly......
Time doesnt change
Nothing changes north of the border either

Queenslanders give more than they get in that regard don’t you worry about that.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fans pay money and spend time going to the game so therefore should be able to boo whoever they want imo. Slater gets booed once and Cammy has a huge whinge, think he's a bit salty he knows he won't win another premiership
Exactly right

And fans have been booing players since the dawn of time

What makes slater immune from it?

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great player yes, but a little grub as well.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL creates villians to keep the sheep interested. The guy is just another player who tries his best.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing changes north of the border either

Queenslanders give more than they get in that regard don’t you worry about that.
If Gallen or Fafita show up north or south of NSW they cop the same treatment. I don't particularly like them but at least they have never sooked about being bood

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If Gallen or Fafita show up north or south of NSW they cop the same treatment. I don't particularly like them but at least they have never sooked about being bood
Agree.
Guys like Gyer copped it for obvious reasons
He stood up the Walley

But there have been plenty of NSW players over the years booed and disrespected north and south of the border in many sports

Cry me a river to the soft cocks who can’t handle it.

As someone else said

Fans pay money and give up their time to go to games, they can cheer and boo as they see fit.

Personally I’m not really one to boo

I prefer to cheer and smile and have a good time.

But I’m pretty sure I would have joined in the booing directed a slater last night if I was there

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
his whinging at the ref on the FG kinda sums it up

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The NRL creates villians to keep the sheep interested. The guy is just another player who tries his best.
The Nrl did all they could to protect slater from being the villain

The fans rebelled last night

The booing of slater by the fans was as much a show of attack on the nrl as it was slater

In a year where shit like the player of the series at origin went to slater when many can argue he didn’t deserve it only playing 2 games and then getting off on the shoulder charge

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was more surprised to find out that the Roosters had fans

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
his whinging at the ref on the FG kinda sums it up
It was typical slater

He was taking a dive and basically being a cheating grub, and cry’s foul in the process

At least he didn’t get away with it that time.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm no fan of either but I didn't like the booing of Smith after the game or booing Slater on retirement

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm no fan of either but I didn't like the booing of Smith after the game or booing Slater on retirement
Me either.
But I dislike people sooking about it even more.

Fans don’t boo players on mass like that without good reason.

It has nothing to do with their success on the field and more to do with the special treatment they received throughout their career that other players are not afforded

It’s a shame to smithy and slater on a personal level,

But hey, that’s life, life isn’t always fair

They are happy when the fortune falls their way,
They need to be man enough to take it on the chin when things don’t go their way

Don’t see smithy sticking up for Gal when he gets booed north of the border

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Roosters fans want to boo about special treatment, I think they should consider their sombrero situation first.. their club receive more special treatment than the Storm players

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If Roosters fans want to boo about special treatment, I think they should consider their sombrero situation first.. their club receive more special treatment than the Storm players
That is a very good point
I think you will find, the booing would have been from every non Melbourne fan at the game lol