Status
Not open for further replies.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
They were badly out of form for a good 15 rounds. A few flash in the pan performances doesn’t change a thing. Pay has got it right in deciding to move them on. We need new blood and we may struggle but we don’t have a choice. 2-5 are the most important positions after the spine.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were badly out of form for a good 15 rounds. A few flash in the pan performances doesn’t change a thing. Pay has got it right in deciding to move them on. We need new blood and we may struggle but we don’t have a choice. 2-5 are the most important positions after the spine.
Atleast the new board and the coach have some balls.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will be sad to farewell the last two remnants of our 2009 squad in Jmoz and Beastwood come Sunday.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I will for sure miss Josh and Brett. I havent seen them play this good together for ages.. Both have taken up the challenge with the Prince arriving they both seem so keen to contest the ball. Watching them both sprint after lewie put that kick in for a line drop out on sunday just shows how keen they are. I would say they are both fitter than they have been for a while. Pity they are going but hopefully we can have something similar next year with some younger guys.
100% agree that the Morris bro's have come good since Lewis came on board. Must have been anti motivational playing with a fake halfback .

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Big mistake to let them go. They're seasoned in both attack n defence.
A bit like the Ennis big mistake.
Hey mummy wolf, u reckon they'll strip Ennis of his premiership if they find the sharkies guilty for cheating the cap?
Now that'll be a shame won't it?

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
For the first time in years we have had a decent half who can kick the ball and the results are there for all to see.
Mbye, Hokko, Reynolds etc over the years plus Haslers negative game plan has denied our backs the opportunity to showcase their talents.
It's refreshing to see our backs contesting the ball and thus creating scoring opportunities

Hoppa will be in the centres and Meaney will start . He needs as much opportunity as he can to make it his own. We wont win comp next year but we can set up a platform for the future. Need to give these youngsters a go.

I didnt rate Lewis at all when he played ISP and NYC and he has proved me wrong and put egg on my face which i will gladly accept. Some kids just need to get given a go

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Appreciate what they've done for the club (Josh in particular - I don't believe Brett has any love for the club, he would have played for anyone as long as it was with his brother) but it was time to move on.

It had to happen some time and if we're counting the next year or two as re-build then we may as well make some hard decisions now and try and find their replacements.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For the first time in years we have had a decent half who can kick the ball and the results are there for all to see.
Mbye, Hokko, Reynolds etc over the years plus Haslers negative game plan has denied our backs the opportunity to showcase their talents.
It's refreshing to see our backs contesting the ball and thus creating scoring opportunities

Hoppa will be in the centres and Meaney will start . He needs as much opportunity as he can to make it his own. We wont win comp next year but we can set up a platform for the future. Need to give these youngsters a go.

I didnt rate Lewis at all when he played ISP and NYC and he has proved me wrong and put egg on my face which i will gladly accept. Some kids just need to get given a go
well said mate

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I like both the Morris brothers, proud to have them play for the Bulldogs, great Players and just damn good Blokes too!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A bit like the Ennis big mistake.
Hey mummy wolf, u reckon they'll strip Ennis of his premiership if they find the sharkies guilty for cheating the cap?
Now that'll be a shame won't it?
LOL!!! Must kill you to know that a mummy can be so damn right about footy

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Definitely a fresh squad next year. Will be sad to see them go. But they did drain out cap and were one reason we were in this position (not blaming them more the management).

Shame josh couldn’t get a win from 2gfs, but for mine he served us well for 10 seasons.

Morrisx2, Eastwood, priest, fine, Frawley, woods, mbye. Definitely moving some pieces for a fresh start.

Add graham, Reynolds, kasiano. 9 of our 17 gone in 12 months or so.

Doubt hasler, dib and castle would have made those moves.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Morgan Harper has been talked about a lot, I havent seen him play and hopefully he will get some game time in ISP finals.
But will he be in the top 30 players? Im still confused on why , how and when they work the 30 out.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of the big reasons I was so tired of watching these guys play under Des, time and time again we would see these guys not contest the high ball in attack. Even though the twins had proven themselves weapons in the air there whole careers.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Both were good early in dogs career but as I've said before its time to go if it means bringing in younger players on less coin.
We'll be right without them.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like both the Morris brothers, proud to have them play for the Bulldogs, great Players and just damn good Blokes too!!
Not whT I hear, not to popular within the ranks

Status
Not open for further replies.