Morris Bros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I Hope Dean Pay realises that we have won most of our last games by the Morris twins contesting every ball that Lewis has put up, so many points

Not to mention their kick chases on deep kicks

Hope the pairing next year whoever it is has the same game plan

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed. Both are confident, competent and competitive in defence and attack. Will be hard to replace, would’ve loved to at least kept one.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We're so used to oppositions avoiding attacking that edge and we will have to get used to it not being the brick wall that it is.. I'm wondering if Pay will make Smith and Holland the centres, moving one of them over to that side...

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Time to move on from Morris boys. The timing is perfect, for too long we've hung onto old tired players. They have been great but another year gone the next generation will be quicker again. In all seriousness Josh butchered that simple draw and pass for Brett to score on weekend. It should have been called a forward pass.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Huge loss.. at the moment we dont have anywhere near adequate cover for them..

For mine: Meaney isnt ready for FG, Hoppa is our best fullback next year which leaves a bunch of kids to replace both Morris bros

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will for sure miss Josh and Brett. I havent seen them play this good together for ages.. Both have taken up the challenge with the Prince arriving they both seem so keen to contest the ball. Watching them both sprint after lewie put that kick in for a line drop out on sunday just shows how keen they are. I would say they are both fitter than they have been for a while. Pity they are going but hopefully we can have something similar next year with some younger guys.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Time to move on from Morris boys. The timing is perfect, for too long we've hung onto old tired players. They have been great but another year gone the next generation will be quicker again. In all seriousness Josh butchered that simple draw and pass for Brett to score on weekend. It should have been called a forward pass.
Yeah ok mate forward pass.
Josh is so shit yeah!!!
Fuck me dead some people on here have just lost the plot.

Sir Col 'The Mushroom'

Rest In Peace Mate
Premium Member
Reaction score
LMFAO - this place is looking more like 1 Eyed Eel every time I come here.
6 weeks ago the Kennel could not get rid of the Morris boys quick enough - now you are crying in your beers.
We do exactly the same on the other side of town. lol

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea of late the Morris boys have been soo good, will be hard to replace the experience An class of these too when they are playing like they are..!!

JTSports

Waterboy
Reaction score
I'm loving watching Morgan Harper develop, he's not there yet but could be a potential replacement at center/wing next year if he has a strong pre-season. We know with Deano coaching he will give the young blokes a fair crack if they've earned it. Loving the Jacko/Holland/Smith combo on the right side, both Jacko and Holland have a good offload and Smith can break it open anytime they put him in space. Our only position I'm not certain about is the left wing/center to partner Harper (should he be ready), but I'm sure that either Crichton or Olive will do alright there.

Malla

Reaction score
Yep - we have to move on!! Brett has been on board for 4 years and only played probably 50 games for us - the ship has sailed, time to give someone else a go.

Malla

Reaction score
I'm loving watching Morgan Harper develop, he's not there yet but could be a potential replacement at center/wing next year if he has a strong pre-season. We know with Deano coaching he will give the young blokes a fair crack if they've earned it. Loving the Jacko/Holland/Smith combo on the right side, both Jacko and Holland have a good offload and Smith can break it open anytime they put him in space. Our only position I'm not certain about is the left wing/center to partner Harper (should he be ready), but I'm sure that either Crichton or Olive will do alright there.
I think Olive and Carr might get first crack.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah ok mate forward pass.
Josh is so shit yeah!!!
Fuck me dead some people on here have just lost the plot.
It was forward mate, he only had to pass it two meters and still butchered it. I love the blokes but there time is up. Josh used to do what remis smith is doing now. That was a long time ago.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Huge loss.. at the moment we dont have anywhere near adequate cover for them..

For mine: Meaney isnt ready for FG, Hoppa is our best fullback next year which leaves a bunch of kids to replace both Morris bros
I’m not a hoppa fan but he’s been very solid. I’d like to see Meaney on the wing for the year if he doesn’t take the fullback role. Hopefully Josh Morris is playing center with the drama at the sharks

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember when we signed him for 2009, Moore had him firing in his first year and his first year was amazing I remember this try he scored against the eels on the left side, gonna miss bmoz and jmoz

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree! I have a soft spot for both but the time is right for them to go.

And yeah, definitely thought it was a forward pass. Josh has always been rubbish at setting up his outside man.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
It was forward mate, he only had to pass it two meters and still butchered it. I love the blokes but there time is up. Josh used to do what remis smith is doing now. That was a long time ago.
His been brilliant this year and all you can pick is a 50/50 pass?
Josh still has a couple of years in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.