Ben Cummins to complain about trainers comments during game. - UPDATE Bulldogs fined $5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
So true.
Cummings performance in this game was just unacceptable.
How is the so called "top referees" like Sutton & Cummings are in fact the worst of a bad bunch.
Whats bad for us is good for the betting companies in charge.

Dont forget who the major sponsors of the game are. Just like how players are signed with TPAs and brown paper bags, the same can go for sponsors. Would not be surprised.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I counted a few times the broncs weren't square at marker and inside the 10 and it was play on.
He also "missed" when Corey Oates dropped the ball and failed to play it properly, after penalising fualalo for not getting a foot on the ball. I think that's just due to his incompetence

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I counted a few times the broncs weren't square at marker and inside the 10 and it was play on.
He also "missed" when Corey Oates dropped the ball and failed to play it properly, after penalising fualalo for not getting a foot on the ball. I think that's just due to his incompetence
Turning a blind eye. Now that theyve stopped with the crackdown (coincedence-since they stopped the crackdown storm have been undefeated) refs can now pick and chose when to blow the whistle (like last year).

I prefer them blowing it every time, as opposed to picking and chosing. Because when they pick and chose they can rort one team and help the other.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny how the refs. aka Cummins aka Broncos 14th player can make a complaint BUT what about us fans and the Bulldogs club! What, Cummins can complain and we can't and must suck up his bad decisions from tonight!? Just goes to show why the NRL are not getting any more fans but in fact losing fans each and every week because ppl cannot take anymore bad decisions and to make it worst the refs. are untouchable for their mistakes no droppings or fines or performance management! At my company if you don't perform you get re trained and performance managed and if you still cannot cut it you get asked to leave or sacked, what does the NRL refs get, a promotion the very next week!!!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
They were just saying on Matty John's Show that someone had a bet on for Sims to get a hatrick....

Reactions: DT

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Josh Morris scores a try off a quick tap and Cummings says not ready but same thing happened at the end to the Donkeys and the scum **** wasn't even in the defensive line or near the incident and says play on for Stagg to have a quick tap.....no wonder you're a cheating scum and got told to referee fairly.
Even Sterlo and Hadley were joking about it and asking if he was ready

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still no excuse for an official to have a go at the ref. There are proper channels to go through. It doesn't help us in the long run.
Mind you, there's probably little they can do to us, as we cop it every week anyhow. But, I actually thought we got a better deal tonight than we usually get; especially in the second half. The Broncs didn't get away with everything they usually do. Maybe because it wasn't their home game.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
McGuire is a dirty bastard on the field. Is he going to blame his blind eye for this too?
His lucky Hipgrave gets most f the attention or this guy would be sitting in the bin every wk

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
FFS. Much like the "investigate bulldogs jerseys" thing we have a trainer getting in trouble for showing concern of the poor refereeing shown by cumstain.

Article Link: https://au.sports.yahoo.com/dont-ref-fairly-nrl-investigate-bulldogs-trainer-slur-113655436.html

Article copy/paste:

The NRL will investigate comments allegedly made by a Bulldogs trainer to a referee at half-time of the Canterbury’s 36-22 win over the Broncos on Thursday night.

The Bulldogs trainer was apparently furious with the referee after a number of 50/50 calls went against Canterbury in the first half against the Broncos, including a disallowed quick tap which could have been a try for the club.

Nine expert Darren Lockyer revealed the trainer said “why don’t you ref fairly” to one ref, most likely Ben Cummins, a comment that questions the integrity of the referees.

“The trainers weren’t too happy with the way the referee was going, one of the (Bulldogs) trainers came to the referee and said ‘why don’t you ref fairly?'” Lockyer said.

View photos
Ben Cummins was apparently the target of the slur. Pic: Nine
“The NRL has said there will be a report.”

The Bulldogs trainer may face a fine if the NRL considers the issue serious enough.

Unsurprisingly, there was plenty of support for the trainer’s comments on social media, as people spoke out to vent their frustrations.

View photos
NRL fans spoke out. Pic: Twitter
NRL coaches have consistently been fined at least $10,000 for questioning the integrity of referees across recent seasons.

Aside from that, the trainer didn’t have too much to worry about in the second half, with the Dogs racing away to a healthy lead towards the back end of the match before closing out an incredibly impressive victory over the top-eight bound Broncos.

0:13

1:28

Bulldogs take bite out of Broncos finals charge

Dogs deliver huge top four blow to the Broncos
Canterbury have put a massive dent in Brisbane’s top-four hopes, shocking the finals-bound Broncos 36-22 at ANZ Stadium.

After they leapt to a 14-0 lead early, the Bulldogs withstood a late Brisbane fightback in the first half before scoring three tries in seven minutes to wrap it up after the break in front of just 6,434 fans.

It completed their first back-to-back wins of the year and put them one step further away from the wooden spoon.

And it also left Brisbane vulnerable with the possibility they could be two wins outside the top four at the end of the round.

The match wasn’t free of controversy, with the NRL confirming they will investigate alleged comments made by a Bulldogs trainer to a referee at halftime.

Regardless, halves Lachlan Lewis and Matt Frawley were tremendous for Canterbury as they put on their equal-highest score of the season.

In his sixth game, Lewis had two try-assists – including a pinpoint perfect kick for Josh Morris in the second half – forced two line dropouts and made a point of shutting down the far bigger Tevita Pangai in defence.

Frawley was a late call-up on game day after regular No.7 Jeremy Marshall-King was ruled out with tonsillitis.

The stand-in halfback crossed once out of dummy-half and broke through four tackles in his first game since being dropped after round 15.

Winger Reimis Smith also made two linebreaks leading to tries for teammates Brett Morris and Will Hopoate.

In comparison, the Broncos were all at sea with the exception of a 10-minute period before halftime when bench prop Korbin Sims was marginally denied a hat-trick.

They gifted the Bulldogs one try when Corey Oates jumped to bat a short line dropout back before Michael Lichaa scooped it up and put Josh Jackson over.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yet nothing about:

Elliot hair pull

Morris denied try due to cumstain not allowing quick-tap because he was "not ready"

Hoppa "forward pass"

Tolman penalised for being hit by mcguire (missed a bit of this one).

Obviously there are others, but too many to say they were simple refereeing errors.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Josh Morris scores a try off a quick tap and Cummings says not ready but same thing happened at the end to the Donkeys and the scum **** wasn't even in the defensive line or near the incident and says play on for Stagg to have a quick tap.....no wonder you're a cheating scum and got told to referee fairly.
Even Sterlo and Hadley were joking about it and asking if he was ready

No no both refs were screaming at the Mcculloch " U got ur mark, u got your mark!!" As in take a quick tap u dickhead...

Nek minnit : Josh Morris does the same, NOPE I wasn't ready...

That's called favouritism in referring, it is UNFAIR! "ref the game fairly"

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Calls Josh Jackson out of the line soufs score

Doesnt allow a quick tap for us which is not against the rules and nothing wrong with it

Cummins can get fucked the cheat
EXACTLY!!

He can take away a try AGAINST us for HIS error

But wont take away a try FOR us from HIS error (i.e pulling JJ from the line)

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still no excuse for an official to have a go at the ref. There are proper channels to go through. It doesn't help us in the long run.
Mind you, there's probably little they can do to us, as we cop it every week anyhow. But, I actually thought we got a better deal tonight than we usually get; especially in the second half. The Broncs didn't get away with everything they usually do. Maybe because it wasn't their home game.
Look, I am sure everyone here in the trainers shoes would have done the same.

Fed up from the refs, we have had a tough season. We were playing damn good first half and trainer though Ref might gift Broncs the game (like last time). I dont blame them one bit, they were 100% right.

And what "proper channels"? Criticising refs is illegal. Even raiders, who got robbed hard, got an apology and confirmation from the NRL that the decisions were wrong, but Sharks still walked away with the 2 points. Nothing came of it.

Its north korea rules when it comes to the refs here.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hang on ... so this is only according to Darren Lockyer (claiming it was said)... Darren Lockyer of Broncos fame?

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hang on ... so this is only according to Darren Lockyer (claiming it was said)... Darren Lockyer of Broncos fame?
Lockyer, from what I know, is one of the only 9 commentators on the sideline. If anyone would know this early it would have been him.

I understand your point though, we will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.