Pay Free Pass 2018?

What indicates unacceptable performance by Pay as head coach in 2018?

• Free pass, wooden spoon OK

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Wooden spoon not OK, should be replaced

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Bottom 4 not OK, should be replaced

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Bottom 4 OK, so long as game Managment & player development improves

Votes: 59 70.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Considering we could have been 8 points up the ladder if it weren't for the politics that come with this dying sport and considering we have done pretty good job with
the circumstances we have had to deal with such as a total reformation of the club and salary cap issues we are doing alright, the ladder just don't say it apart from for/against.

Anybody who expects more of this club atm PLEASE find a corner to sit in because you have no idea what you are talking about and your just pissing ppl off.

Last edited:

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anybody who expects more of this club atm PLEASE find a corner to sit in because you have no idea what you are talking about and your just pissing ppl off.
Nailed it with this ...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Considering we could have been 8 points up the ladder if it weren't for the politics that come with this dying sport and considering we have done pretty good job with
the circumstances we have had to deal with such as a total reformation of the club and salary cap issues we are doing alright, the ladder just don't say it apart from for/against.

Massive loser talk.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
***** on here saying the team isn’t fg standard and in the same breath wanting us to win the minor premiership and set a pointscoring record ?
Fuck me. The team is shit. Pay is trying things. I’m happy enough.
(Although, I’d be happier if he dropped Montoya)

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a no brainer. All that talk from him in the offseason regarding the 'dogs of war', bringing back the mongrel, restructured attack etc should not equate for a bottom four finish. Plus, the captains circle and persisting with Montoya suggests that he has failed this year. Sorry to say but we have gone worse this year and if Hasler was coach we would have been in a better position (although i was for his sacking). In the next off season he will again talk up all this bullshit. well don't be surprised if it is the same shit next year. The annoying thing is even if we want to appoint Jimmy Dymock it is too late and quite embarrassing after we dogged him. It should have always been Jimmy

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No excuses for Pay and he knows he is under the pump. Anthony Seibold inherited his squad as well but is killing it. The rabbits are a new level this year.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay is clueless, looks like he's in the Meninga mould. Can get the guys up and committed, but really doesn't offer much other than that.
If it’s true, then he needs to surround himself with good tacticians. Meninga had hagues.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our spine is going to get worse.

We have a make shift hooker.

Our halves are shit. Cogger wont offer anything.

I consider Meaney a downgrade from mbye.
We have to downgrade though due to salary cap stuff ups.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I posed the same question a few weeks ago..
It's a tough one. With all the potential player movements at the club in the next couple of years, it's going to be hard for any coach to implement their own style or game plan.
As average as our squad is, I think Pay has a C- so far. Our attack is woeful but you can't imagine Pay coaches what we dish up every week. The last tackle options yesterday were under 8s standard. Put a kick in ffs!!!!
A part of me wanted the dragqueens to put 40 on us to see our response for the rest of the season but I must admit I was very happy to see us battle on, then ultimately lose another close one
Let's avoid the spoon this year (eels can have another one heehee) and hopefully Pay can get whoever the hell is on our books next year playing with effort and pride to wear the mighty blue n white!
The sad thing is that we don't have ANYBODY in our top 30 with a decent kicking game. Get that man & we win another 5/6 games.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Pay hasn't instilled the will to win in the squad. We started the year needing some confidence and that has never eventuated. Our form has been good enough to keep almost every loss within range of winning, but the team just doesn't seem able to nail wins. We don't have any players that lift the side when the chips are down and we need something to tip the scales.

We can't blame Pay for inheriting this squad, but he can be blamed for them not leading them into form yet. I don't think we'll sack him this year, but if by round 10 next season we're heading out of finals contention again I'd rate his chances of seeing out the season as very low.
Someone with a decent kicking game changes the team substantially

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The sad thing is that we don't have ANYBODY in our top 30 with a decent kicking game. Get that man & we win another 5/6 games.
Josh Jackson put in 2 beautiful kicks last night...

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No excuses for Pay and he knows he is under the pump. Anthony Seibold inherited his squad as well but is killing it. The rabbits are a new level this year.
Rabbitohs spine - Johnston, Walker, Reynolds, Cook. Backups - Inglis, Doueihi, Farrah

Bulldogs spine - Mbye, JMK, Foran, Lichaa. Backups - Brown, Bergamin

There's a big difference right there. He also got the Burgess bros firing again (probably told fire up or gone)

The squads are markedly different qualities & yet we are still competing. How? I do not know.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Josh Jackson put in 2 beautiful kicks last night...
and he put in a nice kick for Elliott's try recently. If he is the best on-field kicker in the club we are in trouble!

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
***** on here saying the team isn’t fg standard and in the same breath wanting us to win the minor premiership and set a pointscoring record ?
Agree - the squad is not strong enough - particularly the backs - there is little depth in reggies. Montoya is woeful BUT the winger option Remis Smith is even worse.
The performance of toomaga shows the gap between fg and reggies.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ive got nothing against Pay, but we finished 11th last year with a worse starting 17..

The starting 17 has improved this year with mbye at fullback, RFM starting & a running hooker
I kind of disagree mate. We got more out of Reynolds than we have from Foran. Sure he was rocks and diamonds, but he was our spark.
And Kasiano and Graham cancel out Woods.

Also by putting Mbye at fullback(I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, always wanted him at fullback) but we’ve ended up with Hoppa at centre who is just as bad as Brenko Lee in defense. Half of our attacking strength last year was Brenko but we’ve replaced him with Hoppa who has no attack.

Add to this the fall from grace of Montoya, injury to Jmoz, and off field dramas regarding Des and salary cap issues which has an effect on players, you have a recipe for disaster.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay needs to have 1 more year, he has had to deal with coming into a club that was left in a mess! He should have already learnt a lot an taken some good experience from this 2018 shambles !!

He can take this year as a learing experiment an huge challenge, but next year is the decider to be honest.

give him the 2019 season to Do his thing, if not then I guess the writing will be on the wall either way.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
yep my only gripe with pay is that he is not dropping Mongoya.

Status
Not open for further replies.