Pay Free Pass 2018?

What indicates unacceptable performance by Pay as head coach in 2018?

• Free pass, wooden spoon OK

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Wooden spoon not OK, should be replaced

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Bottom 4 not OK, should be replaced

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Bottom 4 OK, so long as game Managment & player development improves

Votes: 59 70.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Who knows..

There was a rumour not all that long ago that Pay was unhappy with a certain Director interfereing with his coaching style.
That very same Director has now appointed himself to the position of Recruitment Manager, and has been the one shopping players from our team around to opposing clubs.

Put 2 and 2 together and that may be part the reason our players and coach isn't happy at the moment.

We (the club) can't keep blaming the past. Almost this exact same squad last year were scoring more points than we are.
Here you go again with your hate for the new board. Another dig. Move on.

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Picking Montoya again proves to me that Pay has no fukking idea.

I am convinced Pay is not the answer. Because of our predicament he will be given at least two years to prove he is a useless coach. Then the real rebuild starts. Geez we are fukked for at least 4 years.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Considering we have the most poorly balanced squad in the competition, I think he's over achieving.

A majority of our cap is currently being spent on players playing for opposition clubs and high profile players that are way past their best ..

But certain muppets will tell you we have a top 4/8 side LOL
Finally some one with some sense.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Maybe there are guys in reserve grade who have bonuses in there contracts if they play 1st grade. With our cap maxed maybe we cant promote to many until we free some space. Just maybe pays hands are tied. His hands are tied with the spine we have. We lost 5 games we should have won if foran took control. Imagine that we win, all the people hammering pay for lack of, well 18 points, can he coach than. Same structure, same plays, same players but different results. Can he coach I wonder.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ridiculous comparison, Alex Johnstone, Greg Inglis, Dane Gagai, proper halves, Burgess boys and Damien Cook. Are you for fucking real?
When Michael Maguire was coach those boys you listed were in the rabbits squad. The Rabbits finished 12th in 2017 and 2016. I am not comparing the quality of players. i am comparing the situation. Both teams sacked their coach last year and inherited their squads. Both teams did not play well last year and missed out on finals. When a new coach is appointed he should be the difference a team needs. Clearly the rabbits are reaping the rewards of changing directions and sacking Maguire. The dogs on the other hand have gone worse. Pay has been unable to identity some key issues. I know the team is crap, but you can't just say the rabbits are better (because they were also underperformers in previous years).

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At the beginning of the year I was of the view that anything less than narrowly missing the 8 not good enough.

Expectations has sobered since then!

Pay is accountable for where we place on the table, personally I think if he gets the spoon he should go.

Put that to the side, let’s judge him on his team Managment and choices:

He has not successfully communicated or got the team playing the way he wants.

Several new players and new combinations in key positions, and the first team plays 40 minutes of pre season football???

Poor bench rotation
Woods has played 60 minutes his whole career and getting way too much bench time.

Questionable player selections, Lichaa, Frawley, Talau, Elliott @ 13 and Priest.
We play with a very light bench.

Non selections - Eastwood, Brown, Martin, Lewis?

Status
Not open for further replies.