Bulldogs may yet re-sign veteran duo Brett and Josh Morris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unlikely, cheap is 250k and i don't see them taking that.
Why not? Good money for them to stay together. I think $300k is a great deal. Who is going to pay them more?

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I'm sure the club would keep them around if they wanted to help/mentor in some way, but they want to play on and it doesn't sound like for only one year. If we sign them any longer than one year then it's not a good decision imo.

I think the thing that got us into trouble in the past is being loyal to players that should really have moved on and letting go of players that we should have kept. The board needs to think really carefully about the decision they're making.
Yeah true, would sign them for a year and an optional second,
Just remember des screwed them around and I think this year they are playing a lot better than anything under des.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why not? Good money for them to stay together. I think $300k is a great deal. Who is going to pay them more?
Couldn't give a shit about them staying together, we're trying to rebuild our squad and holding onto both of them is a dumb move. I can understand holding onto one of them, but both of them? No way.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL to all those thinking we’re paying some freight to let go of Mbye.
Read what the article says, firstly he sought a release, secondly were freeing up $800k which is what he was approx on per year with us. And thirdly, his deal with the tigers is $4m for four years.

But NO, I get shot down straight away for giving some concrete info. Last time I will give good info like that. I’ll just keep it to myself next time.

Also, I love how people buy into second hand info and totally disregard info straight from the horses mouth
Mate i never shot you down. Don't listen to those imbeciles. Keep giving honest info.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Couldn't give a shit about them staying together, we're trying to rebuild our squad and holding onto both of them is a dumb move. I can understand holding onto one of them, but both of them? No way.
Neither do I. I just made the point that they would take less money to stay together. It is up to the club whether they want to keep one, both Or neither players.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're an idiot.

We are paying. You can't argue with me on this. I know it as a fact.

We are not paying alot in my opinion. But if you think we are getting out of this without any financial disadvantage. You are a puppet
“Puppet” love it Lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats what I heard.

$250k from the Dogs, $650k from Tigers.

Why would Cleary pay $1m for a mostly untested fullback? The guy that has Corey Thompson, Mahe Fonua and Michael Chee-Kam in his starting side. He's all about value for money.
Yh it's pretty much around there. How anyone could think we got away with releasing without paying a cent and him then getting an upgraded contract worth $4m at the Tigers is laughable.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Neither do I. I just made the point that they would take less money to stay together. It is up to the club whether they want to keep one, both Or neither players.
True. We have Crichton coming next season who was a highly rated junior and has been okay at NRL level, so that's one spot taken. There's also a lot of noise around Katoa making a move and i hope we pull it off as he's the type of player we need. That's then both wings sorted with Montoya still in the picture. So i'm struggling to find where we fit Brett in...and yes i Know Brett is a better player than all of them but we aren't really going to be competing next season.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
4million for Mbye hahahaha. Fuck his manager is good. Mbye isnt worth over 350k a season. If I was selling a house ill want Mbyes manager doing all my negotiating.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
OoOoooOoooo LOL dw all sorted. Your just a chump.

Again.

We are paying for mbye to be there.
No worries mate. Mr I also told me his source. I’d rather take my source tbh. If my source is above Management then what have you got mate? Do you know who’s got higher power at the club. Obviously you don’t know. I’m in a good place mate. Believe what you want, cause it doesn’t matter one bit.

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
True. We have Crichton coming next season who was a highly rated junior and has been okay at NRL level, so that's one spot taken. There's also a lot of noise around Katoa making a move and i hope we pull it off as he's the type of player we need. That's then both wings sorted with Montoya still in the picture. So i'm struggling to find where we fit Brett in...and yes i Know Brett is a better player than all of them but we aren't really going to be competing next season.
Agree. But for the right price it won't hurt us to keep Brett. I think the key to all of this is to make sure we have money available for when the right players come onto the market. Unless of course we can forward pay some of the backended contracts with money we are freeing up now with Mbye and Woods.

It's a trade off between competitive and getting out of the cap mess we are in quicker. Not an easy decision.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No worries mate. Mr I also told me his source. I’d rather take my source tbh. If my source is above Management then what have you got mate? Do you know who’s got higher power at the club. Obviously you don’t know. I’m in a good place mate. Believe what you want, cause it doesn’t matter one bit.
Ahhhhh as i said before. Your talk as though your source is telling you facts.

Mbye is being paid in some form by us as a club to play at the tigers. Fact.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lets say we re-sign Morris bros on x amount of dollars.... (We arent going to win premiership with them or without them, the centre/wing combo is not our problem in team)

and lets say an awesome young winger/centre comes on the market sometime this year or in off season who has superstar potential, we wont be able to sign them if we have the Brothers there.

This is the time to work towards future and blood new kids, make room available for future signings if they become available. If money is available, it should be spent wisely towards our future not on 2 players who are past their prime.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ahhhhh as i said before. Your talk as though your source is telling you facts.

Mbye is being paid in some form by us as a club to play at the tigers. Fact.
What? And you don’t talk as though you’re source is telling you facts either? C’mon mate get off the pipe

What makes your source more reliable than mine?

TigerGoneLoose

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s why the club is in such a mess.

600k could be better spent else where. Give experience to young guns and let the side build.

1. Nick Meaney
2. Robert Jennings
3. John Olive
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Christian Chrichton

Does it look like a reserve grade back line? Fuck yeah it does. It will gain experience and build though. It would also cost the club 600k tops. Thats the cost of both Morris bros together.

Allows you to front load contracts and shorten the pain that is being pushed away.

Tough times before good times

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lets say we re-sign Morris bros on x amount of dollars.... (We arent going to win premiership with them or without them, the centre/wing combo is not our problem in team)

and lets say an awesome young winger/centre comes on the market sometime this year or in off season who has superstar potential, we wont be able to sign them if we have the Brothers there.

This is the time to work towards future and blood new kids, make room available for future signings if they become available. If money is available, it should be spent wisely towards our future not on 2 players who are past their prime.
Will an awesome wing/centre combo be available for the money we have available? I agree with your point however I don't know if we can seriously be in the market at this stage and for this reason I wouldn't mind hanging onto the twins for another season or 2. We need to build our spine first. Outside backs can be done after that. The twins can do for now until then.

Reactions: mez

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
That’s why the club is in such a mess.

600k could be better spent else where. Give experience to young guns and let the side build.

1. Nick Meaney
2. Robert Jennings
3. John Olive
4. Hymel Hunt
5. Christian Chrichton

Does it look like a reserve grade back line? Fuck yeah it does. It will gain experience and build though. It would also cost the club 600k tops. Thats the cost of both Morris bros together.

Allows you to front load contracts and shorten the pain that is being pushed away.

Tough times before good times
I do like the look of that backline. But with our current spine and adding Cogger, that backline gets flogged by 40 each week. With the twins our new spine at least has a chance to succeed and build confidence.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Best news I heard in a while if true. Both Morris boys are definitely worth keeping.

Okay, you can argue how long and how much but they are still elite level and will support a developing back line, Hoppa can go if you want to exit someone.
People in the site are ‘off chops’ thinking you can burn a year or two with only young guys.
Every great football team has a balance of experience and youth, we’ve been missing the youth part for 6 years due to Dibshit trusting Des. Most of the guys we have let go over last few years gave good value but we became too heavy with experience and now pay for it. .....but you can’t throw every experienced player away, .....only imbeciles can suggest that.

Please keep the Morris boys !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.