Round 12 - Bulldogs vs Tigers - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Happy to see Olive get a go. If he is average or the dogs lose, does he start next week or does pay put Holland or someone else from ISP in?
Maybe it's worth rotating 2 or 3 guys a week and working on combos for next year plus giving those younger blokes a chance to see what they have in FG.
Thoughts?

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tigers are a top 4 side on paper ? Ffs if tigers are a top 4 side on paper we're a top 2 side on paper.

Our forwards clearly cover tigers forwards, on paper, except for Martin and jmk

On paper we've got 3 SOO and Australian reps in our backline

On paper we've got the nz five eighth
You guys should win easily then ay?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Happy to see Olive get a go. If he is average or the dogs lose, does he start next week or does pay put Holland or someone else from ISP in?
Maybe it's worth rotating 2 or 3 guys a week and working on combos for next year plus giving those younger blokes a chance to see what they have in FG.
Thoughts?
You don't drop a bloke after 1 game.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
how sad is it when we are sitting here expecting a loss when vs the tigers oh how times have changed.

think we have a shot this weekend as others have stated tigers are running a lil higher than how good they are atm i think.

if our forwards go well (expecting woods to have a big game vs old side) i think we will be in the hunt here.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
how sad is it when we are sitting here expecting a loss when vs the tigers oh how times have changed.

think we have a shot this weekend as others have stated tigers are running a lil higher than how good they are atm i think.

if our forwards go well (expecting woods to have a big game vs old side) i think we will be in the hunt here.
I am expecting the refs to dud us more than anything.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Steve turner agrees with you

Steve Turner's prediction: The Tigers found it tough against the Panthers last weekend and are showing signs of inconsistency. They will be hoping the inclusion of Josh Reynolds this week sparks them against the Dogs. Canterbury need a win.

There has been so much spoken about the Bulldogs, but it's now time for their football do the talking. Aaron Woods will line-up against his former club and with Origin selection just around the corner, Woods and David Klemmer will be looking for big performances to impress New South Wales selectors.

Tip: Bulldogs by 4

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ohhh How I hope I'm wrong but,
I'm expecting a typical 2018 NRL performance, us getting f***ed by Klein in some way that saps our confidence then struggle to capitalise on scoring opportunities and will most likely lose 20-10 with Moses kicking three penalty goals

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
My point is... in all (but one game we have won) we have never looked like "winning". We've forgotten how to win games and close them out.

Being really blunt... we've won 3 games: Eels, Cowboys and Panthers and sit 14th from 16 on the ladder.

EELS
Won by 8.
Currently bottom of ladder at 16/16.
Injury depleted coming into game.
Lost players during the game.

COWBOYS
Won by 17.
Currently second last on ladder at 15/16.
The only game we've looked in command of this season, against a woeful Cobwoys side who continue to struggle.

PANTHERS
Won by 2.
Currently second on ladder 2/16, and flogged us second time we met
Scored twice due to Panthers errors/intercept try.
Panthers lost Cleary at half time.

Did u watch penrith v tigers last week?? Top 4 on paper?
I think your a closet tigers fan.
I haven't watched any Rugby League for about a fortnight (definitely none last week). I've been bedside spending as much time with my grandfather as he had left.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Steve turner agrees with you

Steve Turner's prediction: The Tigers found it tough against the Panthers last weekend and are showing signs of inconsistency. They will be hoping the inclusion of Josh Reynolds this week sparks them against the Dogs. Canterbury need a win.

There has been so much spoken about the Bulldogs, but it's now time for their football do the talking. Aaron Woods will line-up against his former club and with Origin selection just around the corner, Woods and David Klemmer will be looking for big performances to impress New South Wales selectors.

Tip: Bulldogs by 4
Turner tips us basically every week lol

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just reading that someone mentioned tigers a top 4 team on paper. Wtf? You must be drunk. Tigers fans were expecting to be 0-12 at this point. Cleary has had them playing above there weight this season and early wins were based on super defensive efforts, which teams can not sustain over a season. I think we’ll win. Tigers attack has been average last few weeks.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Just reading that someone mentioned tigers a top 4 team on paper. Wtf? You must be drunk. Tigers fans were expecting to be 0-12 at this point. Cleary has had them playing above there weight this season and early wins were based on super defensive efforts, which teams can not sustain over a season. I think we’ll win. Tigers attack has been average last few weeks.
Tigers have far better strike power than us.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah the guy making that comment just stated he hasn't watched an NRL game in 2weeks and comments on us getting done by 60+ points or something???? By a side who have beat 1 team in their last 5. Lost to parra and newcastle in those 5 and couldnt score a try against penrith last week and were lucky to get 1 against the warriors who pumped them.

I dunno? Some people like to throw out random shit without any facts behind it. Its really not that hard to look at a teams form before posting.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah the guy making that comment just stated he hasn't watched an NRL game in 2weeks and comments on us getting done by 60+ points or something???? By a side who have beat 1 team in their last 5. Lost to parra and newcastle in those 5 and couldnt score a try against penrith last week and were lucky to get 1 against the warriors who pumped them.

I dunno? Some people like to throw out random shit without any facts behind it. Its really not that hard to look at a teams form before posting.
Well said! The Tigers have scored 174 points all season and we have 173 but they are all of a sudden going to pile 60+ on us....

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Prepare how we did for the Cowboys, gotta win this one surely, we need those goal kicks plus one more try.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I haven't stayed close to the news this week.

Is RFM back in the side or is he still injured?

Any word on Tolman?

Status
Not open for further replies.