Round 9 - Bulldogs vs Broncos - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then why name him in the reserves and allow him to travel?
Sure agree in regards to him but what about cleeland, lewis etc etc. They all can't fit in the top 30 is my point

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone going go fan night tonight? Could ask renouf if hes playing

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If we are not careful, we will find our selves bottom of the pile after this weekend !! 16th out of wait??? That’s right 16!!

Again this becomes what we’ve been saying the last few rounds.. most important game of the season so far . An this time it’s a FACT!!

The boys Better fire up an get it right.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can’t really expect a win against Broncos in Brisbane surely.An improved attack and commitment in defence will give the team something to build on and maybe blood new players.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If we are not careful, we will find our selves bottom of the pile after this weekend !! 16th out of wait??? That’s right 16!!

Again this becomes what we’ve been saying the last few rounds.. most important game of the season so far . An this time it’s a FACT!!

The boys Better fire up an get it right.
Hate to say it but we are going to have to get used to it. Parra and the Cowboys have a lot more upside to them then we do and we will be last pretty soon.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Let's look at it from a salary cap perspective where really we know shit about what our situation is other than what we read.

Is To'omaga in our top 30? If his not then we can't use him unless there are significant injuries and we need a dispensation from the NRL where he would be entitled to a pay increase. Does anyone know if we can fit an increase in? No we dont.

What I'm saying is that before we go like a bull out of a gate and criticise Pay get the facts because we don't know if he and others can't be picked based on the top 30 or cap constraints. If To'omaga is in the top 30 he could have a clause that states if he plays FG he gets a pay increase which again maybe we can't afford and has nothing to do with his ability and form.
No. He is in the top squad.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
True. Either way, i can't understand Pay's refusal to pick To'omaga. The bloke has worked tirelessly and is in great form in ISP, what more can he do? And then for a bloke to just walk into the side after just 30 minutes of ISP off the bench and an interrupted pre season? It just feels so wrong to me.
I fully understand that. I actually spoke to Renouf after the game and he was a bit miffed that he missed a third try, lol. Solid as and not afraid to get down and dirty. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens, but you are correct in saying that at the moment he really cannot do much more.He seemed pretty upbeat and thanked me for congratulating him on a good game.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The tell tale sign of the team will be pictures at the Meet and Greet in Brisbane on Wednesday.

Whoever is missing from there is definitely out, BUT we took an extended squad to North Qld, so may well be taking an extended one to Brisbane.

Frawley should never kick again after his brain explosition the other week vs Jets which cost us the game. Literally on the hooter, and the moron kicks the ball instead of going to ground with it. Jets get a final set, pump us up the middle and win.

Instead of taking another tackle and then kicking the ball dead.

I mean with a moustache that's on par with Freddy Mercury's, it wouldn't suprise me if RCG's batting for team penis.
You are not wrong there. Not only the moustache but the face. My 14 year old picked it earlier this year and even at her tender age she knew who Freddie Marcury was.....

upload_2018-5-2_17-57-24.jpeg upload_2018-5-2_17-57-43.jpeg

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
But others like Lewis, Cleeland etc who we want to see play may not be so Pays hands are tied which these are the facts we don't fully know from the outside
Lewis and cleeland are in the top 30

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hooper said Jackson will start in the middle, Martin on the edge and Elliot to the bench. Klemmer possibly off the bench

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think what’s overlooked with Frawley is the fact he’s trained the entire off/pre season at 6 (day in day out) and has been heavily involved in game tactics etc

Him playing 6 will allow Mbye to play a more traditional fullback role and just focus on running and supporting rather than the hybrid 1/6 role he currently forced to play

Foran looked better with Frawley than JMK too
Frawley can’t defend

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I totally agree they all need a shake up. wholesome changes aren't going to achieve anything though. Pay dropped Lichaa and made positional changes so he is doing his job.
Agree, although we might not have enough suitable replacements this year there is no harm in trying and giving some of these ISP players ago, imo a few fresh faces with extra enthusiasm will do us the world of good

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Settle down ya bunch of know it alls. Christ if you were any good you'd be playing first grade. Pays played for Australia in the front row, pretty sure he's qualified to pick a forward pack. When you've done what he's done, feel free to question it..
You don't need to have played for Australia or first grade to realise he is making some terrible decisions, you just need to have eyes and half a brain!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hooper said Jackson will start in the middle, Martin on the edge and Elliot to the bench. Klemmer possibly off the bench
Finally Jackson moves to lock, about fucking time. Benching Klemmer or Woods is just a stupid move tactically, should only be done to get them to pull their finger out. Fine, Elliott, Priest potentially on the bench together is fucking small. Just promote To'omaga ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.