Sharon woods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
tbh our forward pack is soft like butter

We lost 3 key players in Ennis, Graham & Reynolds who were all heart, nigglers and played with a set of balls between their legs.

Foran has heart and a set of balls with all the hits he takes but that is it.

Lichaa has no aggression or niggle whatsoever.

Woods is a different type of prop but does not posses any aggression.

Klemmer has lost his balls since Good Friday and the worst thing that could of happened to him was Woods coming over. He is on big money, in cruise control with his best bum chum here, with the attitude of we are the blues and aussue front row. He got owned by RCG against the Panthers and he was avoiding Sam Burgess all arvo on Friday.

I wont bother with the remainder of the pack.

The moral of the story is that we have lost that fear factor of the oppositions. We do not intimidate any team whatsoever.

We need nigglers, we need grubs and we need aggression.

I suggest the recruitement team starts off with a grub and niggler like Isaac Luke who is off contract.

If Manly still want Klemmer, give them Klemmer for Tapau.

I know people are whingening about Pay promising the dogs of war attitude, but the truth is if you have individuals who just dont have that inner aggression and mental toughness, you bang on all you want but you cannot turn shit into gold

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our forward pack as a whole have been disappointing and largely inconsistent.

The only forward I see going hard and putting in 100% is RFM.

When our pack decide to defend like the Dogs of War then we might be taken seriously again. Quite simply, we’re not feared. Zero intimidation factor.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

We lost 3 key players in Ennis, Graham & Reynolds who were all heart, nigglers and played with a set of balls between their legs.

Klemmer has lost his balls since Good Friday and the worst thing that could of happened to him was Woods coming over. He is on big money, in cruise control with his best bum chum here, with the attitude of we are the blues and aussue front row. He got owned by RCG against the Panthers and he was avoiding Sam Burgess all arvo on Friday.

The moral of the story is that we have lost that fear factor of the oppositions. We do not intimidate any team whatsoever.

I suggest the recruitement team starts off with a grub and niggler like Isaac Luke who is off contract.

I know people are whingening about Pay promising the dogs of war attitude, but the truth is if you have individuals who just dont have that inner aggression and mental toughness, you bang on all you want but you cannot turn shit into gold
Bang on Kiwipup! We need some mongrel back in the pack. We look soft out there and it’s concerning when you think 3 of those guys play Origin!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score

Hard to argue against. Don't understand the Woods signing, just like I didn't with chasing Fajita. Look at the players we let go....Graham, Tapau & Finucane. You add those to Klemmer & Jacko then all of a sudden our pack has it all. Such stupid, wasteful and moronic decisions.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
My goodness there is some dribble in this thread, sharon woods, send klemmer to manly, what a load of crap lol

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bang on Kiwipup! We need some mongrel back in the pack. We look soft out there and it’s concerning when you think 3 of those guys play Origin!
Or awesome.......it's all perspective lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven't been overwhelmed with woods contribution thus far, but his offloads would probably be way more affective if someone actually supported the offload.. I'll save judgement till mid season at least..

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hasler didnt sign big name players, mostly reserve graders. This was a signing to prove the club could sign someone other than fringe first graders. And they offered overs to do it.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Everyone on this forum does my head in. If we won on Friday none of you will be talking this shit. He was been going alright.. Our defence was awesome on the line for nearly that whole game. We lost two players and I guarantee if Moses didn't leave the field we win that game. Eventually they were gassed. Our problem is foran needs someone to help him. His doing to much. Marshall king hasn't done anything great if Sezer is available bring him over asap

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need him and Klemmer the Aussie front row on at the same time to make dents, and for that kind of moola we need rep performances.
Its no point whinging about one player when we are not getting the basics right, we are blooding big fobs who are not used to catching in first grade, it might take a couple of weeks, do it now before its too late.
Here is an idea let's make Paul Dunn the forwards coach. I know Klem would love it :grinning:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Everyone on this forum does my head in. If we won on Friday none of you will be talking this shit. He was been going alright.. Our defence was awesome on the line for nearly that whole game. We lost two players and I guarantee if Moses didn't leave the field we win that game. Eventually they were gassed. Our problem is foran needs someone to help him. His doing to much. Marshall king hasn't done anything great if Sezer is available bring him over asap
Win = Good. Lose = Bad.

That's how a lot of people see it on here. I do think the majority of our players are playing no where near as good as they should, some are a little more worrying than others though.

Also i don't buy the Foran is doing to much thing, he just doesn't have the legs anymore. He's exhausted in the 2nd half and our game management usually drops off as a result. He also isn't exactly creating all these try scoring chances, he's just creating space for others to create the chances. Obviously a better halves partner will help Foran and the team, but i still think he needs to do more just like pretty much every other player in our squad.

MountMontoya

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hahahaha you people have zero fucking idea

stick to posting on forums you people have zero idea

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
hahahaha you people have zero fucking idea

stick to posting on forums you people have zero idea
Exactly how i see it! Fk meeee...
Everyone just whinges about every little thing and just about anything!
Its a depressing place to visit and alot have no idea, nothin but keyboard junkies lol.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Short memories guys. Think we were calling out for metres and an offload 9 months ago.
Some of the comments I've been reading over the last few days in regards to other topics inc this, has got me gobsmacked..
So negative and completely wrong views in so many regards, yet so hypocritical its comical and childish.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I don't think it's too much to expect that the dogs fans require Woods to prove his worth. The 800k he gets from the club is between them, his worth to the fans is different. The bloke needs to stand up and help lead this team into prosperity and not think that 2nd gear is enough. I get he is not the "aggressive" type of player (unfortunately because that's what we need) BUT he has/had the opportunity to form a bond with us fans. He was Captain at Tigpies therefor a leader of men, there is no reason why he cannot do that for his fellow forwards who need inspiring atm. I really don't think that is too much to ask from a "marquee" signing. It IS early days and although it may sound like I have made my mind up on him....I haven't.....I just think he could do a lot more.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We’re all still waiting for a “dogs of war” mentality... if that’s a crime, don’t read the threads for all the haters. It’s a forum for a reason, to express an opinion.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay wants the mentality but everyone on here wants the physicality and they are doomed to disappointment. We don't have the size in our pack for the physicality but on the weekend we did play with the mentality. All the forwards had a dig on the weekend even though we effectively lost two of them early in the game (Tolman and JJ then going to centre). We can never play with the physicality that other sides do because our pack overall is much smaller. JJ, Elliott, Tolman, Lichaa are all relative lightweights and while they work hard look at pretty much any other side and you see huge bulk. Eastwood might add a bit when he comes back but we are short on big second rowers who can hit the wide defenders. So instead of getting all worked up about the physicality look for the mentality. It's all we can do at the moment particularly given Tualau and Fualolo not firing off the bench.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
We’re all still waiting for a “dogs of war” mentality... if that’s a crime, don’t read the threads for all the haters. It’s a forum for a reason, to express an opinion.
I was expecting it too but its not the end of the world, by the way most people act.

He's a rookie coach that has his heart in the right place not like the other fraud, he's tryin things and if you've never coached, it's always little bit harder startin off until you work out the group and what you want to get out of it. With time it will come good coz he's a winner.

Yeh and that's right its a forum for an opinion not to shit on everyone and anything at will, just because things don't go your way.
People on here are just hard asses i wouldn't wana mess with off line hahaha.

I come onto check out bulldogs news and threads that may interest me, along the way i stumble across pathetic opinions and some good ones but its slowly running thin and u dont need to tell me not to read it's happenin on its own chord.

Status
Not open for further replies.