Roosters Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Sounds like your describing the amount of shit u dribble.

Keep trying, your exposed as nothing but a troll. A poor one at that. Back to the choke pen kiddo

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You estimate 4 million; okay Pearce was on around 850k that leaves 3,150,000 for the remaining or an average of 262,500 for each which would make the Roosters fools in my opinion if they paid some of those guys that much.If the minnows were being paid a basic contract that would mean that some of the others would have been on fairly decent coin by your reckoning but it had been indicated that that was not the case when some of the contracts were being talked about...always stayed for less etc.come time to negotiate.

Probably the only one on decent coin on the above list would have been Pearce . Uncle Nick himself mentioned that the Roosters do not dabble much in third party deals. Really hard to fit a lot of high paid players under the cap in that case with minimal third party. Don't forget about all the upgrades as well and good wages for players such as Mitchell, Hargreaves, Cordner, Friend, Keary, Ferguson, Tupou to name a few and then of course we have the new two million dollar men Cronk and Tedesco.
Good points but the likes of Guerra, SKD, Nikorima, Burgess and Copley were all on decent coin. That’s close to 2M. The other 6 add up to 1.2 to 1.4M , and let’s not forget that the salary cap increased to 9.4M this year which everyone forgets. It’s the reason you were able to purchase Woods & Foran

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder how much Kane Evans was on at the Roosters?
Even more interesting what contract Parra offerred.
He is playing like a busted arse, he is one of the few players I cannot stand.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Good points but the likes of Guerra, SKD, Nikorima, Burgess and Copley were all on decent coin. That’s close to 2M. The other 6 add up to 1.2 to 1.4M , and let’s not forget that the salary cap increased to 9.4M this year which everyone forgets. It’s the reason you were able to purchase Woods & Foran
So your saying you still have room in the cap to sign SBW?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You’ll be waiting a long time .
Jealousy is not a good trait to have. You need to move on. Build a bridge.
Btw do these names ring a bell ?
PEARCE
SKD
GUERRA
EVANS
GORDON
CARTER
WATSON
BURGESS
COPLEY
ELLIOT
HASTINGS
NIKORIMA
KENNEDY
That’s a whole team in the last 18 months that the Roosters have released.
Over 4 Million dollars worth of talent.
Idiots like you, only focus on Tedesco & Cronk but fail to see who the Roosters have let go.
Take a look at the Melbourne Storms team last year.
The only people that argue that the Roosters are cap compliant are Roosters fans. I don't think the question is about if the Roosters will get caught cheating the cap, but when. The NRL are useless or just don't care about finding cap breaches, but eventually someone within the Roosters own ranks will become disgruntled enough to report how the Roosters get around the salary cap. And when it comes down to it, the Roosters have spent many years failing miserably when they've bought the best players on the market. When they do get caught out cheating and are bought back to the field with regards to what they spend on their roster they're going to be in huge trouble.

Emdog85

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PEARCE
SKD
GUERRA
EVANS
GORDON
CARTER
WATSON
BURGESS
COPLEY
ELLIOT
HASTINGS
NIKORIMA
KENNEDY
Idiots like you, only focus on Tedesco & Cronk but fail to see who the Roosters have let go.
You sir, are a dick

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Haha perfect as I said the trolls copping it from everywhere!

The retard doesn’t even factor in they need to be replaced in the roster spot.

Can’t ditch 10 nufties on minimum an claim a mil to spend.

Everyone knows it he’s just here trolling cause the choke pen has 3 fans and 3010403011 people who jump on in finals when they choke [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
PEARCE
SKD
GUERRA
EVANS
GORDON
CARTER
WATSON
BURGESS
COPLEY
ELLIOT
HASTINGS
NIKORIMA
KENNEDY
Mate,

Most teams already made their signings and finalised their salary cap well before the 2017 season ended. Everyone thought Cooper Cronk was going to retire. The Roosters threw the checkbook at Tedesco. Then Cronk announces he'll play on. So you think the Roosters suddenly have $1,200,000 of free cap space EVEN WITH PEARCE RELEASED? Pearce wouldn't have been on more than $700,000 - MAXIMUM.

Cap compliant my ass.

I'll give them this though, they're smart, and the NRL are as dumb as dog shit and they won't get found out!

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate,

Most teams already made their signings and finalised their salary cap well before the 2017 season ended. Everyone thought Cooper Cronk was going to retire. The Roosters threw the checkbook at Tedesco. Then Cronk announces he'll play on. So you think the Roosters suddenly have $1,200,000 of free cap space EVEN WITH PEARCE RELEASED? Pearce wouldn't have been on more than $700,000 - MAXIMUM.

Cap compliant my ass.

I'll give them this though, they're smart, and the NRL are as dumb as dog shit and they won't get found out!
What about the huge increase in the cap in 2018 ?
I think people are focusing on Cronk & Tedesco way too much. The Roosters roster in 2018 is not too dissimilar to 2016 & they ran 15th !
They haven’t bought that many players since 2016 but released 16
The issue is and will always be TPA’s.
Last year Melbourne had Smith Cronk Slater & another 9 internationals, yet no one mentions them.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Bla bla bla.

Troll exposed!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep the Roosters are under the cap.....and the Aussie cricket team would never tamper with a ball....

lol

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
What about the huge increase in the cap in 2018 ?
I think people are focusing on Cronk & Tedesco way too much. The Roosters roster in 2018 is not too dissimilar to 2016 & they ran 15th !
They haven’t bought that many players since 2016 but released 16
The issue is and will always be TPA’s.
Last year Melbourne had Smith Cronk Slater & another 9 internationals, yet no one mentions them.
Its a bit easier to fit rep players under the cap when you produce them.

Dont think Glasby Mclean Nas and Vunivalu and a few others wouldve been on much coin before 2017

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Yep the Roosters are under the cap.....and any cricket team would never tamper with a ball....

lol
Fixed. The tampering witch hunt is farcical. The current SA captain has been twice caught for ball tampering. England captain Vaughan, Tendulkar. Dozens more not so high profile players.

Meanwhile there is an actual genocide taking shape in SA but hey some **** rubbed some sticky taoe on a ball.. Yeah thats the real problem with the world today.

Status
Not open for further replies.