Roosters Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

anigav33

New Pup
Reaction score
It is ironic that the Roosters CEO Jeff Kelly has been banned for 12 months because of his links with The Manly Breach.

When the Storm were busted, their recruitment officer Peter O'Sullivan had a lot to do with the cheating and was picked up by the Roosters. He has since been sacked for other reasons.

Therefore the Roosters signed 2 officials who have been an integral part of 2 of the biggest salary cap breaches.

Everyone jokes about the Roosters cheating.

Can't wait for the day I pick the paper up to find... Roosters Busted.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’ll be waiting a long time .
Jealousy is not a good trait to have. You need to move on. Build a bridge.
Btw do these names ring a bell ?
PEARCE
SKD
GUERRA
EVANS
GORDON
CARTER
WATSON
BURGESS
COPLEY
ELLIOT
HASTINGS
NIKORIMA
KENNEDY
That’s a whole team in the last 18 months that the Roosters have released.
Over 4 Million dollars worth of talent.
Idiots like you, only focus on Tedesco & Cronk but fail to see who the Roosters have let go.
Take a look at the Melbourne Storms team last year.

Last edited:

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
PEARCE
SKD
GUERRA
EVANS
GORDON
CARTER
WATSON
BURGESS
COPLEY
ELLIOT
HASTINGS
NIKORIMA
KENNEDY
Idiots like you, only focus on Tedesco & Cronk but fail to see who the Roosters have let go.
Your the idiot son!

Majority of them
Would of been on bare minimum at the time they had their contract expire. On that list only two would of been on good money, combined Pearce and Guerra together and you might cover Cronk and have 100k left over towards Tedesco!

You also can’t just say Cronk and Tedesco. Add the upgrades to all the other origin, international and highly in demand players. Oh and Crichton.

Good story bud. No one believes it.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your the idiot son!

Majority of them
Would of been on bare minimum at the time they had their contract expire. On that list only two would of been on good money, combined Pearce and Guerra together and you might cover Cronk and have 100k left over towards Tedesco!

You also can’t just say Cronk and Tedesco. Add the upgrades to all the other origin, international and highly in demand players. Oh and Crichton.

Good story bud. No one believes it.
You’re obsession with me is becoming scary you turd. I’m not that way inclined you jerk.
Hopefully it’s just a forum crush.
And Btw, everything you just posted was utter horse shit which is in keeping with just about every post you bore us to tears with.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
PEARCE
SKD
GUERRA
EVANS
GORDON
CARTER
WATSON
BURGESS
COPLEY
ELLIOT
HASTINGS
NIKORIMA
KENNEDY
And Cronk n Tedesco soak up half of that 4 mil....
In 2 players
They still have to fill the squad not to mention upgrades to players like Mitchell who could demand big dollars

Ironstine

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
PEARCE
SKD
GUERRA
EVANS
GORDON
CARTER
WATSON
BURGESS
COPLEY
ELLIOT
HASTINGS
NIKORIMA
KENNEDY

Looking at who a club releases and using that as proof that they are under the cap means zero. There is no proof they are over the cap either but as someone on this forum said a while back that their ability to sign the best players available at will is hard to fathom.

The Storm in 2009 were 1 million over the cap yet the season preview said 'The Storm faces its toughest test since entering the comp'

Here is who they lost- Matt Geyer
Jeremy Smith
Michael Crocker
Antonio Kaufusi
Sam Tagataese

and Israel Foloau

Looking at who the Storm lost meant nothing then and looking at who the Roosters lost now means nothing.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You’re obsession with me is becoming scary you turd. I’m not that way inclined you jerk.
Hopefully it’s just a forum crush.
And Btw, everything you just posted was utter horse shit which is in keeping with just about every post you bore us to tears with.
You really are butt hurt I exposed you as a troll hey.

All you wrote is as much fantasy as your dribble about the cap and 4 mil.

Release a nuffie, claim he was on 400k. Sign Tedesco & Cronk. Upgrade origin, international and highly demand players. They are taking less right?

Everyone knows it, no one believes your dribble. Your x players bluntly pull the piss about it. Go troll the choke pen. No one wants you here.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Looking at who a club releases and using that as proof that they are under the cap means zero. There is no proof they are over the cap either but as someone on this forum said a while back that their ability to sign the best players available at will is hard to fathom.

The Storm in 2009 were 1 million over the cap yet the season preview said 'The Storm faces its toughest test since entering the comp'

Here is who they lost- Matt Geyer
Jeremy Smith
Michael Crocker
Antonio Kaufusi
Sam Tagataese

and Israel Foloau

Looking at who the Storm lost meant nothing then and looking at who the Roosters lost now means nothing.
It means nothing regardless.

Pearce and guerra where origin players.

No matter how you spin it Cronk and Crichton cost a fuckload more.

The rest bar skd would be on minimum or bloody close to it.

You could add guys like Reece Robinson etc that took that spots. They need to be replaced it frees nothing up.

They then add Tedesco 1mil. Who’s he replacing? Michael Gordon? Who was unwanted by his previous club! Yeh sure he cleared huge money lol.

Then go through the fact cordner (whom
Was rumoured to have 1mil offer) friend, Keary, Mitchell, Manu, butcher, tetevano all got upgrades. Now some of them like butcher and tetevano might not be huge but would be a bit. Someone like Mitchell got a mega upgrade. You know Keary and cordner would of too!

Then you have guys like, Napa (who they outbid the broncos to keep as an origin rep) Jwh who they paid a couple hundred to get from manly then upgraded since. Tukaiko who got upgraded last year when clubs where lining up for him. Tupou, Aubusson, Matherson, Liu, fingerson.... yeh all play for a beer from uncle nick too!

Seriously lads don’t fall for the troll. I caught him out last year and exposed him. Bunch of people witnessed it. He’s a gimp.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
PEARCE
SKD
GUERRA
EVANS
GORDON
CARTER
WATSON
BURGESS
COPLEY
ELLIOT
HASTINGS
NIKORIMA
KENNEDY
Ahhhhh you a roosters supporter it's all making sense now

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You really are butt hurt I exposed you as a troll hey.

All you wrote is as much fantasy as your dribble about the cap and 4 mil.

Release a nuffie, claim he was on 400k. Sign Tedesco & Cronk. Upgrade origin, international and highly demand players. They are taking less right?

Everyone knows it, no one believes your dribble. Your x players bluntly pull the piss about it. Go troll the choke pen. No one wants you here.
You’ve been saying I’m a troll for 18 months . Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
You’re just upset because everyone I speak to agree that your posts are a cure for insomnia.
Too funny

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
You’ve been saying I’m a troll for 18 months . Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
You’re just upset because everyone I speak to agree that your posts are a cure for insomnia.
Too funny
So you speak to yourself? Knew you where delusional but damn troll.

No one else agrees with you. Be gone back to the choke pen.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The roosters have a salary cap. This should be the first example listed in the dictionary as an example of an oxymoron.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you speak to yourself? Knew you where delusional but damn troll.

No one else agrees with you. Be gone back to the choke pen.
No moron. I have a lot of Canterbury mates that think you are a joke. You need to retire me thinks .

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
PEARCE- well, we all know his story; drunkenness, infringement notice for failing to leave a club after actions against a female, Australia Day " celebrations"agreed to mutual separation
SKD- another one who was a troubled soul who was terminated by the club after cocaine problems ( amongst other things) 2017
GUERRA- took the big deal to go to the Knights. Was on the nose anyway when he moved on. Last contract with Roosters was a three year one. 2017
EVANS- on the up and up..went to Parramatta. One contract with the Roosters after playing junior footy within the Tigers area 2017
GORDON-"Country rep" 22 games one year deal after being at three other clubs 2017
CARTER- nuffie- 3 games alcohol abuse and cocaine 2017
WATSON- beginner- yeah a "Country rep" big money there 38 games 2016-17 not all starting
BURGESS- homesick Pom played four games went to Souths in June 2016
COPLEY- released by the club played just 14 games 2016
ELLIOT-nuffie released by the club 2016 and then by the Knights without a contract offer in 2017
HASTINGS- poached from St George as a 17 yo and signed a three year deal with them until 2016, played 35 games then left for Manly 2017 yep another big money signing
NIKORIMA- played 7 games sacked after a second failed drug test 2016
KENNEDY- are we talking Martin? 66 games from 2009-2013 Yeah got rubbed out of the game for possession and use of banned testosterone-based substances 2013
You estimate 4 million; okay Pearce was on around 850k that leaves 3,150,000 for the remaining or an average of 262,500 for each which would make the Roosters fools in my opinion if they paid some of those guys that much.If the minnows were being paid a basic contract that would mean that some of the others would have been on fairly decent coin by your reckoning but it had been indicated that that was not the case when some of the contracts were being talked about...always stayed for less etc.come time to negotiate.

Probably the only one on decent coin on the above list would have been Pearce . Uncle Nick himself mentioned that the Roosters do not dabble much in third party deals. Really hard to fit a lot of high paid players under the cap in that case with minimal third party. Don't forget about all the upgrades as well and good wages for players such as Mitchell, Hargreaves, Cordner, Friend, Keary, Ferguson, Tupou to name a few and then of course we have the new two million dollar men Cronk and Tedesco.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Fuck the chooks dodgy c**** comp would be better without em' :D doggies all day!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Well said boys, expose the troll! Have no fear he talks to himself on the choke pen with his imaginary mates.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said boys, expose the troll! Have no fear he talks to himself on the choke pen with his imaginary mates.
They put up decent points unlike the crap u dribble on a regular basis. I think it might be a case of “the small man’s syndrome” with you.
I’m guessing 5 ft 1 125 pounds.
All you do is troll me. It’s pervese now.

Status
Not open for further replies.