Roosters Salary Cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Fixed. The tampering witch hunt is farcical. The current SA captain has been twice caught for ball tampering. England captain Vaughan, Tendulkar. Dozens more not so high profile players.

Meanwhile there is an actual genocide taking shape in SA but hey some **** rubbed some sticky taoe on a ball.. Yeah thats the real problem with the world today.
I don’t disagree with you. I’m
referring to the arrogant “Australians don’t do that” attitude of media and fans which has blown criticism well out of proportion. It is an attitude many seem to have.

Clearly we are capable of doing it snd it’s about time we remembered it’s just sport and started thinking about the mental health of players.

Last edited:

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
remember those pakistani cricketers that where sent to jail for cheating, well i think davey warner and his beautiful family should be deported

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fixed. The tampering witch hunt is farcical. The current SA captain has been twice caught for ball tampering. England captain Vaughan, Tendulkar. Dozens more not so high profile players.

Meanwhile there is an actual genocide taking shape in SA but hey some **** rubbed some sticky taoe on a ball.. Yeah thats the real problem with the world today.
The calls for life bans is unbelievable

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This predates the more recent years

Please tell me how they can fit the following players under one cap:

Craig Wing
Brad Fitler
Criag Fitzgibbon
Justin Hodges
Adrian Morely
Bryan Fletcher
Michael Croker
Jason Cayless
Luke Ricketson

All in one time. All were internationals, or Origin players. This was the core of their squad for several years. Mind you, the cap was 3.25 million back then, and there is no way an international like Morely would come out here for anything less than 300-400 K, considering the coin that was on offer back then in the ESL.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score

Craig Wing
Brad Fitler
Criag Fitzgibbon
Justin Hodges
Adrian Morely
Bryan Fletcher
Michael Croker
Jason Cayless
Luke Ricketson

All in one time. All were internationals, or Origin players. This was the core of their squad for several years. Mind you, the cap was 3.25 million back then, and there is no way an international like Morely would come out here for anything less than 300-400 K, considering the coin that was on offer back then in the ESL.
Did you forget about the broncos there whole team was the Qld origin team.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Of the 14 players who commenced their first grade career with the Roosters in 2016; 6 left at the end of that year ; 1 left 2017, 7 are still there ( 5 of them from the NRL cap Top 30). Of those who left what portion of them were under the NRL cap and what portion under ISP? F P Nuisala has come back , Reece Robinson and Kurt Baptiste signed this year, Keary extended and upgraded along with Friend,Hargreaves, Lui ,Taukeiaho; Cronk and Tedesco signed.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score

Craig Wing
Brad Fitler
Criag Fitzgibbon
Justin Hodges
Adrian Morely
Bryan Fletcher
Michael Croker
Jason Cayless
Luke Ricketson

Fun fact one of my best mates is related to one of them. He told me bluntly that they use to get paid on the sly.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos I give some credence to the fact that it is a 1 town-1 team.

Bennett also had a very no-frill style of playing for props and wingers. The same reason he let Civoniciva go, is the same reason he does not go signing wingers - their bread and butter, at least back in the hayday of a 3 million salary cap, was to not pay them more than 300K.

That, and when it comes to 3rd party agreements, they would have a host of potential candidates, because of the fact that they are the only Brisbane team, where as Sydney clubs are fighting amongst 7 others for their own TPA's.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Broncos I give some credence to the fact that it is a 1 town-1 team.

Bennett also had a very no-frill style of playing for props and wingers. The same reason he let Civoniciva go, is the same reason he does not go signing wingers - their bread and butter, at least back in the hayday of a 3 million salary cap, was to not pay them more than 300K.

That, and when it comes to 3rd party agreements, they would have a host of potential candidates, because of the fact that they are the only Brisbane team, where as Sydney clubs are fighting amongst 7 others for their own TPA's.
Lets not forget the Thoroughbreds which conveniently provides Broncos with a means to circumvent TPA's at an arms length

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is ironic that the Roosters CEO Jeff Kelly has been banned for 12 months because of his links with The Manly Breach.

When the Storm were busted, their recruitment officer Peter O'Sullivan had a lot to do with the cheating and was picked up by the Roosters. He has since been sacked for other reasons.

Therefore the Roosters signed 2 officials who have been an integral part of 2 of the biggest salary cap breaches.

Everyone jokes about the Roosters cheating.

Can't wait for the day I pick the paper up to find... Roosters Busted.
Uncle Nick is smarter than all the NRL big shots put together, on top of that if they were to spring the Rotters ch9 will crucify them.
Far to many people underestimate the power of the media.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What about the huge increase in the cap in 2018 ?
I think people are focusing on Cronk & Tedesco way too much. The Roosters roster in 2018 is not too dissimilar to 2016 & they ran 15th !
They haven’t bought that many players since 2016 but released 16
The issue is and will always be TPA’s.
Last year Melbourne had Smith Cronk Slater & another 9 internationals, yet no one mentions them.
Yeah but they got Vunivalu and Addo-Carr and Scott, Solamona on the cheap. Most of the roosters backs are on pretty good coin as are your front rowers. Also i dont buy the fact that you claim to be under the cap because 16 players were released from 2016. In 2013 after the big spending spree you were over the cap... finally got under it releasing all those players, but shot straight back over it with the recent dodgy deals.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Surely if this guy has been involved like he has, then the Roosters should face a complete and open salary cap investigation, whereby auditors from other clubs are allowed access to, and to confirm that their books are legit.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely if this guy has been involved like he has, then the Roosters should face a complete and open salary cap investigation, whereby auditors from other clubs are allowed access to, and to confirm that their books are legit.
Mate the rotters are untouchable because they are Ch 9's pets.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This thread is about tbe Roosters.

Want to talk about the Broncos salary cap, start a thread about it. :p

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This could be one of those stories on that show Unexplained mysteries...you know the type...does it really exist, has anyone ever seen it..OR this one a newer version....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6422680/

"The world is full of mysterious events that defy explanation. Each episode tells the story of one incredible phenomenon and investigates every possible explanation - from the anchor of logic to the far end of the supernatural. "

Yep the second one sort of says it all.......

Status
Not open for further replies.