Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
hmm thanks i think ive learned alot today about these politics, its all very interesting activity

btw you said that peponis has been doing football for 30 years etc, so does that mean he is not really a doctor ffs, like a fake doctor
Na, he's a doctor as well. These are all part time jobs that chew up their nights and weekends, which is why they don't really get paid for them. Dr G was also the NSWRL doctor as well I think and he would've been paid for that.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe Lynn Anderson should invade the pitch with a pistol?
It worked for PAOK... They had the dissallowed goal overruled by the ref who dissallowed it 2 hours after the match ended!

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Wow is this legit..football club needs to have control of the leagues club

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who to believe??? This is going to get so very very messy............

https://www.4bc.com.au/bulldogs-dump-club-legends-for-a-bankrupt-whos-banned-from-the-game/

Bulldogs legend Steve Mortimer has been dumped from the Canterbury Leagues Club board, to be replaced with a junior trainer who’s been banned from the game.

James Marroun is serving a six-year ban for abusing a 14-year-old boy at a junior rugby league game, allegedly threatening the child’s life.

Mr Marroun is also a former bankrupt carpenter and builder.

New football club Chair Lynne Anderson and her directors can nominate four positions on the Leagues Club board and chose Mr Marroun over Mortimer, a four-time Bulldogs Premiership winner.

Another club great and former international, Doctor George Peponis, has also been put on the scrap heap by Ms Anderson, forced out of his beloved Bulldogs.

Ray speaks with leading journalists Phil Rothfield from News Corp and Kate McClymont from Fairfax, about the situation.

All three have slammed the decision with Ray saying it’s inexcusable.

“I’d say to all Canterbury Leagues Clubs members, if George Peponis and Steve ‘Turvey’ Mortimer aren’t on the board, you deserve what you get in every respect.”

Following their chat James Marroun phoned the program, claiming he’s been hard done by.

“I’ve got nothing to hide.

“Lynne knew about my suspension last year and in relation to my bankruptcy… she actually knew and it’s been a discussion.”

The particular email that is the subject of this thread joined the other three that I got yesterday from Coorey, Peponis and Mortimer encouraging those voters to choose a certain group ;(all identical emails except for the different names and photos in the headers).........and that guy Marroun is nominated as pick number one....?????

Canterbury League Club Board Election - Call to Vote

Dear

Coming up this Friday and Saturday (the 16th and 17th of March) are the Canterbury League Club elections to decide who will sit on the board of directors for the next two years.

I am writing to you as a long-time servant of our great club to ask for your support in considering myself and my fellow candidates, George Peponis OAM and Steve Mortimer OAM as three of your selections as per my “how-to-vote" card below, at the polling booths this weekend. These candidates as well as myself are asking for re-election as we are current board members who have helped oversee the record growth of the club and the biggest building program ever undertaken.

I, myself, was raised in Campsie, and my heart will forever be in Bulldog territory. My love for the club I’ve grown up in is extensive, much like my commitment to making the club and the local community a more enjoyable place. I will always give my time for the relentless pursuit of bettering Canterbury Leagues Club as well as my unwavering commitment to charity both in and outside the local community. Your vote for my colleagues and I will ensure the continuity required to guarantee that we remain as one of the most successful licensed clubs, not only in NSW, but in the whole of Australia.

Best Regards,

Arthur Coorey
Deputy Chairman of Canterbury League Club.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
well im just taking a line from the peponis press release of today, it only says that government has legislated that clubs are permitted to appoint 2 independent directors onto their board

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYdqMfUVMAAJR4A.jpg:large
Interesting that both Peponis and Anderson have both sought legal opinion on this move.
It would appear that there is something suspicious about the move by Peponis.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The leagues club makes 74 million dollars a year. Obviously whoever is in charge at moment is doing a very good job. Why change the board just leave it alone. Funding for the football will never stop. Lynne Anderson and co have been found out. All along this was all about gaining control of the money from the leagues club.

Wokball

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sorry Lynne but your constant threats of illegality is utter rubbish.
Your late father changed the constitution at will whenever it suited him.
The born to rule mentality displayed by the Anderson led ticket has been sickening.
You've proven how amateurish you are because Dr Peponis has snookered you with such a simple strategy.

The Leagues club has a commitment to the NRL to commit funds to the football club so your threats of funding being witheld is nothing but scare mongering .

Lets hope sanity prevails

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What legislation and what Govt department?
https://www.clubsnsw.com.au/docs/de...cdi-150610-director-search-club-factsheet.pdf

APPOINTING DIRECTORS – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW

Section 30 of the Registered Clubs Act 1976 allows club boards to independently appoint up to two directors in addition to those who have been elected directly by the members, subject to the following requirements:
- the term of appointment is for a period of no more than three years;
- the person must be a full member of the club;
- the person is not eligible for re-appointment after the end of the term (meaning they must stand for election should they wish to continue); and
 - within 21 days of an appointment, the board must notify members by placing a notice on its notice board and website of the reasons for the appointment, including the person's relevant skills and qualifications and any proposed honorarium.

This is a ‘deemed rule’ under the Act, meaning all club constitutions are deemed to provide the Board with the authority to appoint directors.

It was. Mr I is just trying to justify his position because he thinks Lynne is trying to rob the club. Which would be illegal for her to do even if she was in charge. If he was a voting member and she did that he’d even be able to sue her on behalf of the club if the courts agreed with him. So it’s a stupid fear.
McIntyre made money from the club in the past. It's very easy for a director to make money from being on the board. Can even be as simple as employing your entire family on high salaries.

In rugby league a ball gets passed between the hands of many players in a game.. there's a clue as to what is going on.

What I can tell you 100% is there are journos digging at the moment and it's only a matter of time before someone speaks out (perhaps someone that missed out on a board spot) or they strike gold, or both. When that happens, board members will have no other option but to stand down.

Ballesty ran the leagues club for a ridiculously long time and it was successful then. No reason to believe it wouldn’t be with him there again.
Ballesty also had knowledge and the salary cap incident and turned a blind eye to it.

It’s not about now it’s about boards in 10 or 20 years time. Once the door gets opened by Peponis it can never be shut.
If certain factions have their way, there won't be a Leagues Club or Football Club in 10-20 years to worry about, as we'll be banking on an NRL bailout.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
actually i was a moderator on the kennel and then gave up that power voluntarily tbh

im like mother teresa ffs
its a shame i cant give you a rating aof funny and best post because i want to haha

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Inside sauces have told me that McIntyre ate the last Tasmanian Red Lobster that The Dynasty had after Dib had "bags'ed it twice", and it was on like Tron.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dib still dragging the club in to the gutter.... when will he finally piss off
Dib isn't even standing for re-election onto the board.

He was simply there to vote (which is his right as a member). McIntyre was apparently in the voting area where nominees are not allowed.

If you think the Dib dragged the club into the gutter, you ain't seen nothing yet if the Football Club Board get their desired additions to the Leagues Club Board.

Fingers crossed people voted smartly and opted for a combination of Peponis/Mortimer/McMahon/Arthur Coorey.

The nominations were stacked with people attempting to dilute the potential for Peponis and friends to get majority votes. That's just one

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Im far from convinced on Lynn and her husband running the show..

I trust Peponis, Mortimer & Coorey those 3 will always have my vote and support

Some people only appreciate something when they lose it, unfortunately I think this may be the case regarding our footy club in the next few months

Status
Not open for further replies.