Consolidated Leagues Club Board Election Thread (Coorey Chairman P29)

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont have a copy of the Constitution, but in all Constitutions, any changes must be made by the members at a meeting.
The Board does not have the authority to appoint new directors. It is unconstitutional.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I dont have a copy of the Constitution, but in all Constitutions, any changes must be made by the members at a meeting.
The Board does not have the authority to appoint new directors. It is unconstitutional.
apparently it is government legislation that they can

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
One article I found said 15th and 16th of March, but then this presser would not make sense as it came out today.

Counting is apparently Monday and a result announced at Weds AGM meeting.

One question that SHOULD be asked.... why didn't the club put out a polite email reminder for Leagues Club members to vote?? Instead they release a panic stricken plea to not lose control of the Leagues Club board.

Lynne comes across as the clingy ex gf grabbing your leg as you try and leave her for good.
I got plenty of emails reminding me that the vote was on. I don't usually bother but after that plonker Maroun getting a start I was incensed enough to get off my behind and vote. Voting was yesterday and again today until 8pm. Then they count and announce at the AGM on Wed. By Thursday no-one will even care and we can get back to trying to win a game.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
isnt that what has been happening previously though? like lynne and co thought their place was controlling the league clubs funds because that was the default situation?
Yes it was (and still is technically). I don't have any concerns about the new appointees doing the right thing by the footy club, but equally I'm sure they will support Peponis if he gets back in, for the chairmans job. Again, the Leagues club is pretty stable and has been for years so I'm OK with that as well. If they were going like the footy club has been in the past few years then I would be concerned.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
isnt that what has been happening previously though? like lynne and co thought their place was controlling the league clubs funds because that was the default situation?
It was. Mr I is just trying to justify his position because he thinks Lynne is trying to rob the club. Which would be illegal for her to do even if she was in charge. If he was a voting member and she did that he’d even be able to sue her on behalf of the club if the courts agreed with him. So it’s a stupid fear.

Ballesty ran the leagues club for a ridiculously long time and it was successful then. No reason to believe it wouldn’t be with him there again.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The raison d'etre of the Leagues club is to fund the football club and local rugby league.
They won't stop funding the football club.
And the reason for that is because the football club has control of the leagues club board. 4/7 positions. Peponis is trying to fuck the system to maintain control even though it’s against the wishes of the majority of voting members and it was a system he was in favour of until his team lost.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What are the chances that people hired by peponis, will be independent ?
I think Iemma will make decisions that are in the best interests of the club. That is the way he rolls. I kind of worked for him when he was Premier and he was a good operator. I don't know Kanaan but would take it on face value that he is a person of integrity. Others may know different......

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
au contraire, the Football Club should not enjoy complete financial control over the Leagues Club.

Football Club - minimal money and assets.
Leagues Club - massive money and assets.

Allowing them to freely dip into the Leagues Clubs funds (which is what will happen), and have a say over what happens to the Leagues Club assets, is HUGELY dangerous.

Lynne and Co need to learn their place and fast, else this is going to snowball into stupidity.
What a load of tripe the Football Club being in control has been working perfectly fine and there is no reason to change it. I’m not sold on either faction but making this change will go down as the biggest mistake in history. It’s not about now it’s about boards in 10 or 20 years time. Once the door gets opened by Peponis it can never be shut.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of tripe the Football Club being in control has been working perfectly fine and there is no reason to change it. I’m not sold on either faction but making this change will go down as the biggest mistake in history. It’s not about now it’s about boards in 10 or 20 years time. Once the door gets opened by Peponis it can never be shut.
I get your sentiment but the independents are only appointed for a fixed term and it has to be renewed by whatever Board is there at the time (if they want to renew). So, if things start to get a bit wobbly then I'm sure when renewal comes up there will be plenty said behind closed doors and the way things are these days in the media which should control it. Let's face it, if it wasn't Iemma there would be a much bigger backlash than there has been. He is well regarded throughout the district.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Yes it was (and still is technically). I don't have any concerns about the new appointees doing the right thing by the footy club, but equally I'm sure they will support Peponis if he gets back in, for the chairmans job. Again, the Leagues club is pretty stable and has been for years so I'm OK with that as well. If they were going like the footy club has been in the past few years then I would be concerned.
hmm thanks i think ive learned alot today about these politics, its all very interesting activity

btw you said that peponis has been doing football for 30 years etc, so does that mean he is not really a doctor ffs, like a fake doctor

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get your sentiment but the independents are only appointed for a fixed term and it has to be renewed by whatever Board is there at the time (if they want to renew). So, if things start to get a bit wobbly then I'm sure when renewal comes up there will be plenty said behind closed doors and the way things are these days in the media which should control it. Let's face it, if it wasn't Iemma there would be a much bigger backlash than there has been. He is well regarded throughout the district.
I think Iemma is a good appointment it’s just a sticking point when someone gets appointed that isn’t a good fit or has the wrong intentions and not the Bulldogs best interests at heart. I don’t think anyone has come out of this with their reputations enhanced it’s been handled terribly from both parties. Peponis shotting his mouth off prior to the election was a amateur move and Anderson has been off to a rocky start. Hopefully things settle down after Wednesday.

Tacky

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yup......... we all knew this was going to happen. But some just didnt want to admitt it.

If you cant keep the back office in order. The front will fall.

We are the new tigers. Thats what happens when people vote with emotion.
Easy there bro...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Iemma will make decisions that are in the best interests of the club. That is the way he rolls. I kind of worked for him when he was Premier and he was a good operator. I don't know Kanaan but would take it on face value that he is a person of integrity. Others may know different......
Well, we can only hope, because it’s done now.

Status
Not open for further replies.