R1 - Bulldogs Vs Storm - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I happy overall TBH. Defence will improve. Attack looks a heap better. We played against the premiers and it clearly showed.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne has too much stroke power for us, and our combinations still coming together.

Thanks NRL, you can give the Storm an opening round match against someone else now, we’ve had them last 2 years.
Yep way to much STROKE power for us

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Thats not his game but. He never gets brought down, always quick play the balls and we have so much momentum off his play the balls. As soon as he went off we struggled.

I think our biggest weakness is our backs. No speed and no size
Like I said, I was a prop and grew up with 80's and 90's props, so leave me alone or I'll give you a Balsa hair cut lol

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
our forwards can match anyone in the comp its our backs as someone said.. that's the diff between us and Melbourne... ours are to slow, short and at times weak compared to the Melbourne backline... there full back backup is bloody munster like cmon

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Positive Foran was really good!
Got the team much straighter and the attack showed some positive signs.

Defense was terrible tonight.
Bad one on one missed tackles.
Josh Jackson had a shocker.

But the team did play more entertaining football.
RFM outstanding!!!
Add Mbye FINALLY playing in position

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Last year we lost at belmore by 4points this year we got belted. Difference is we played expansive football v dull ..hmm?
We also lost to dud teams like the Tigers and Warriors because we couldn't score points to kill the game off.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last year we lost at belmore by 4points this year we got belted. Difference is we played expansive football v dull ..hmm?
I'd rather take this team if I had to choose.. at least we looked dangerous in the opposition 20 and asked questions

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me the bench was mud. Worthless. And Frawely killed any .chance of any momentum. Lastly no one in the entire comp goes to the line like Foran.

Oh and yeah he kicked a shit kick but shit kick or not your D line shouldn't let a try in like that.

Sorry and for his first game at fullback Mbye was great.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
People who complained about Foran over Reynolds lol. Foran is a great international. We looked like an actual team capable of scoring a try

Eastwood Plodman Elliot To lesser extent the Morris brothers all must go. They are chewing up 2m minimum of cap space.

This will be a decent season but until we get rid of Des Haslers plodders we won’t do anything
I thought the Morris boys looked good tonight especially with Foran giving them some good ball.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
our forwards can match anyone in the comp its our backs as someone said.. that's the diff between us and Melbourne... ours are to slow, short and at times weak compared to the Melbourne backline... there full back backup is bloody munster like cmon
And they were without the best fullback in history

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly you can't compare the two. There are countless differences and so many different things happened one different occasions. The weather was terrible at belmore in comparison to today where it was a fine rugby climate.

Status
Not open for further replies.