R1 - Bulldogs Vs Storm - Team List & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
There were a lot of things to like in attack and you have to remember we were playing the Storm who have a very good defensive structure we would have had a few more tries against most other teams tonight. There was some really slick ball movement and the structure looks great. Mbye looks a natural at fullback and gives us another dimension. The problem is it all revolves around Foran if he goes down we really are in huge trouble.

The bench and defence and huge problems. Tolman still had too many minutes and touches and Eastwood is cooked.

Archie

Waterboy
Reaction score
Everyone praising JMK ??? dunno why really did nothing. Eastwood and tolman just gotta go...
Frawley will come good still has a decent kicking game bar that one out on the full
If mbye picks up his support play to woods and foran he will be devastating in attack...
Also good to see Kasiano is still useless just smaller...
cobwebs are gone reality kicks in they got schooled tonight
But good effort in attack

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Tolman, woods and Eastwood need to be dropped. Piss weak forwards who offer nothing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks anybody in NSW Cup deserves a promotion after the shit they dished up today, FORGET IT.

NSW Cup our forwards were stuffed after about 30, and look unenthisiastic, exhausted, and totally flat.

We were in the NSW Cup game for about 30 minutes, then fell asleep and they blew us off the park.

Melbourne not as sharp and clinical as in the past but they still 1) Lay all over the player in the ruck 2) Stand offside at the play the ball every tackle 3) Cameron Smith throws forward passes from dummy half all night. These three things will continue to happen until the officials referee them the same way as every other side.
So it wasn't just me? Half our sets they were moving off the line before the ball was even played. Other times they'd be bunched up in front of the ref.

Smith threw a heap of forward passes (one leading to a try), yet we do one line ball pass and get pulled up on it.

Countless bad play the balls by Melb went unpenalised too.

Fuck me though, do the commentators own a part of the stadium or something?
At $1.5 billion they need to talk about it. Mind blowing amount to spend on an OVAL stadium.

Waves from the bottom of the ladder.
Can I pass on my condolences in advance for when Broncos play Storm?

They'll put 60+ on you!.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Ol
Storm were lucky.

scored majority of trys due to our stupid errors.

we will shake the comp this year, storm would struggle without cronk.
i actually think that croft is a better half than Cronk better footwork and plays a less structured game when him and Munster start to combine it'll be the Cronk/ slater show all over again

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Couldn't watch the game tonight but can someone tell me how we played? how was our new signings etc..

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
36 is a whacking - that is not competitive.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did you watch reserve grade? lewis was hopeless and he is not a first grade footballer at this stage
I thought Lewis was one of our better players yesterday. Passing game was good and he did a lot of talking which I liked. His defence was really good. Did a couple of dumb things too but was it hard for him to stand out with the forwards being so bad. I agree not FG yet but definitely not hopeless IMO.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need a david stagg in our team...

Aiden Tolman to lock... play 80 mins and just tackle tackle tackle.. limit him to a few hitups only.... just tackle tackle tackle.

Keep woods and klemmer fresher for more hitups / offloads etc.

We need a david stagg in our team. Tolman suits this role perfectly. Eastwood is just no good.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We lost the game in the forwards last night. We were limp wristed. Melbourne just grinded us out and the preasure got us.

We need a david stagg.... thats you tolman... play number 13 and tackle all day

Status
Not open for further replies.