Waited all summer to watch 36 get put on us

Storm counter punched the fk out of us

Good signs. Both Woods and Foz impressive and yes we will improve

We lacked firepower from Tualau

Our wingers are slow

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mbye had strong kick returns and he was chiming in nicely when we went wide.

Very happy Foran got through unscathed and hopefully he stays fit as he was good.

RFM...you fucken sickcunt...the full 80 you machine

We still lack that 5th tackle polish when it comes off the boot.

Fualalo should not be starting, bloke was gone after 20 min. We cant be fucking around rotating the 3 middle forwards like tonight.

Would love to see RFM play at lock and rotate the bench better.

yearofthedogs2018

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lichaa was exciting, jmk not really but he came on with only 15 minutes. I would like to see him in the halves and nu brown off the bench. Tualau in over Tolman and Ogden in over Eastwood.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy how we went considering that we have a new spine. If you get passed looking at the loss and trying to point fingers at all the duds, we actually did well.
Like Foran said in his interview, we managed to split their edge on a number of occassions and to do that to the defending premiers, is a real positive. If Fualalo, Mbye and Montoya score...it's pretty equal.
The referees played their part in letting Storm players like Vunuvalu and others play the balls be taken by moving forward off the mark, hence our marker was nullified and gave them easy metres up field. If they had been penalised each time, totally different ball game.
The good news is that the commentators are not bagging us for our attack....if anything, they are praising us for the change.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For me the only thing in a very early season I'm deflated about is, Frawely is useless and out bench sucks other than king.

Couldn't believe the most basic of errors from that twat. When you score a try ,the its best to put it deep and make them work hard. Not kick into the crowd. Nor is it ideal to drop a simple ki k off. Fucken horrible useless arse.

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hate it that Melbourne find young players that step up. Watching Cronk and the young halves that played tonight.. I honestly believe they are stronger this year. OK our defense was bad and needs fixing which I think well get fixed and the ball didn't bounce our way tonight

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The bench lacked size and had no impact (JMK who was OK). To'omaga and Tualau neeed to come in for Eastwood and Tolman. Hoppa looked like he was jogging all night!

Klem and Jacko were average (I reckon Jacko got concussed in the first half). Foran, Mbye, and Woods were good. RFM was excellent. I still enjoyed it more than anything I saw last year. I can see the team building but our structure in defence needs to improve a lot.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hate it that Melbourne find young players that step up. Watching Cronk and the young halves that played tonight.. I honestly believe they are stronger this year. OK our defense was bad and needs fixing which I think well get fixed and the ball didn't bounce our way tonight
Our defence shocking

36 points given up in round one but the tries they scored were soft ....I don’t even think Storm scored off a set play

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Storm were lucky.

scored majority of trys due to our stupid errors.

we will shake the comp this year, storm would struggle without cronk.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
mbye good on kick return and set plays but again he cant play whats in front of him, he needs to read the play and hang of the forwards.
compare him to munster, munster destroyed us
Totally agree!
Couldn't believe he didn't pin his ears back on go for line himself when he put the kick in.
Yep Munster too good tonight.

sviruch

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For me the only thing in a very early season I'm deflated about is, Frawely is useless and out bench sucks other than king.

Couldn't believe the most basic of errors from that twat. When you score a try ,the its best to put it deep and make them work hard. Not kick into the crowd. Nor is it ideal to drop a simple ki k off. Fucken horrible useless arse.
JMK will eventually take his spot!

Status
Not open for further replies.