Situation: What would you do? (Guys and girls opinions)

Who is at fault in this situation?

• - The husband, for not putting his wife in line?

• - The wife, who should know better?

• - Society and Social Media in general for endorsing this type of behavior?

• - Both of them for not communicating properly to set boundaries in their marriage

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a plethora of issues.

Starting with (and in no particular order):

a) The woman, and the lack of self-esteem. The fact she needs positive reinforcement from people, who she may or may not know, says a lot about what she thinks about herself. In short, awfully vain.
b) The man, for not realizing that it is a mental issue, more than a physical one.
c) Society and its expectation of people. If you don't have social media - you're weird. If you don't watch the news - ill informed. If you do watch the news - you're mis-informed.

It's just the way the world works now.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I dare say so. I heard gym shots were there too.

Basically, a mother objectifying herself shows that there's something not right with her mentally.
That's not really objectification. If she was posting photos and saying, "Someone use me like a piece of meat", that would be objectification. Someone taking photos of them-self and posting them online is quite normal for anyone.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That's not really objectification. If she was posting photos and saying, "Someone use me like a piece of meat", that would be objectification. Someone taking photos of them-self and posting them online is quite normal for anyone.
No, Hacky, once you bear children, everything changes apparently, and if you want to use social media without your husband's permission, you have mental issues.

A friend of mine started power-lifting a year or so ago. She has really got fit, clearly enjoys it, and posts pictures of herself working out all the time (has an awesome bod). She is 38 years old and shock horror, a mother of three. Her husband is even a FIFO worker, so she is probably slutting around in his absence (I even has coffee alone with her last week) .... er, no, they have a great marriage, and she is a great mother.

The hypocrisy here if course, is that the sort of people who happily think its fine to divorce over Instagram photos, will then bemoan how it's too easy to get a divorce. They are also the sort of people who will fap over photos of MILF celebrities and models in bikini shots.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's not a black and white thing though. Each situation and everyone's ideas of what the guy/girl are posting will be different and thus judged differently.

Personally the idea of my girlfriend posting arse shots as an example to everyone including family, friends etc. is a bit much and shows no respect to me and what others most importantly family would think. Same goes for guys... my girlfriend wouldn't particularly like me posting revealing ab shots and showing off muscle to the many girls I have as friends/followers, as it almost comes off as a message that I'm looking around or trying to get attention.

I've gotten in trouble for liking a friend uploading a bikini shot before for the exact reason I mentioned above. I saw where she was coming from and that's what it's about... respect.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t understand how posting pictures on Instagram = divorce ?
There must be much more to this story.
It's in the bible:

"A man and woman who marry must remain married unless that Ho be posting pics of herself on social media"

- Zuckerintheons 3:69

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
No, Hacky, once you bear children, everything changes apparently, and if you want to use social media without your husband's permission, you have mental issues.

A friend of mine started power-lifting a year or so ago. She has really got fit, clearly enjoys it, and posts pictures of herself working out all the time (has an awesome bod). She is 38 years old and shock horror, a mother of three. Her husband is even a FIFO worker, so she is probably slutting around in his absence (I even has coffee alone with her last week) .... er, no, they have a great marriage, and she is a great mother.

The hypocrisy here if course, is that the sort of people who happily think its fine to divorce over Instagram photos, will then bemoan how it's too easy to get a divorce. They are also the sort of people who will fap over photos of MILF celebrities and models in bikini shots.
I honestly never saw an issue with it. The Mrs doesn't post many selfies but when she does it has never bothered me in the slightest.

My brother in law said to his Mrs that he wants her to stop working because the woman's job is to stay at home and look after the kids. My Mrs heard that and laughed then said, "If a man ever said that to me, I don't care how long we've been married. I'd tell him to fuck off"

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I honestly never saw an issue with it. The Mrs doesn't post many selfies but when she does it has never bothered me in the slightest.

My brother in law said to his Mrs that he wants her to stop working because the woman's job is to stay at home and look after the kids. My Mrs heard that and laughed then said, "If a man ever said that to me, I don't care how long we've been married. I'd tell him to fuck off"
I'm wanting Mrs CD to go back to work after the kid so I can be the stay home dad TBH.

But seriously, whilst she's not a big social media user, I just cannot see how, after she gives birth she will somehow be a different creature.

yearofthedog

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
How thick headed most of you are. Not trying to be racist but I reckon 90% of you that are against people posting shit on social media are wogs ? (Im Greek myself)
Honestly we live in Australia not fucking Iraq woman don’t have to cover themselves in public in this country

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not for a married mother. Look at why KK cops such criticism. The woman is after attention, she's craving it. It's immature and quite petty.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Just because you are married and have kids doesn't mean life is over and you are now bound to the house never to seen in public again.
That is far from what I said. This lady can live a life of leisure and go about her daily affairs while maintaining self respect.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not for a married mother. Look at why KK cops such criticism. The woman is after attention, she's craving it. It's immature and quite petty.
Nah, it's normal. Get with the times old man.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That is far from what I said. This lady can live a life of leisure and go about her daily affairs while maintaining self respect.
How does one loose self respect for posting a few selfies? who gives a shit. If that is all the guy has to worry about in life, geez he has got it pretty darn good.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Tough one that I honestly don't think there is an answer for because there are other variables like how solid the relationship was before that, if there were other issues at play, what the posts said/where.

In some ways you could see it as narcissistic behaviour, in some ways you could see it as disrespectful to the husband, in some ways you could see it as attention seeking.

If she's spending the entire day taking photos of her arse on Instagram and not putting into the relationship that's another issue in itself.

So yeah, tough one to say without knowing more of the situation. That said I'm quite against sharing anything really on social media.

Wahesh

Reaction score
How does one loose self respect for posting a few selfies? who gives a shit. If that is all the guy has to worry about in life, geez he has got it pretty darn good.
Are you telling me someone who shows off has self respect? People are meant to be humble, not show offs. Have you ever read the Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector? Religious beliefs aside, humble people have self respect, show offs do nothing but try to show how they are "better" or "superior" compared to others

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18:9-14

To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

13 “But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

14 “I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's not a black and white thing though. Each situation and everyone's ideas of what the guy/girl are posting will be different and thus judged differently.

Personally the idea of my girlfriend posting arse shots as an example to everyone including family, friends etc. is a bit much and shows no respect to me and what others most importantly family would think. Same goes for guys... my girlfriend wouldn't particularly like me posting revealing ab shots and showing off muscle to the many girls I have as friends/followers, as it almost comes off as a message that I'm looking around or trying to get attention.

I've gotten in trouble for liking a friend uploading a bikini shot before for the exact reason I mentioned above. I saw where she was coming from and that's what it's about... respect.
Yeah buttttttt a female has the right to show off her ass to whoever she wants senpaiiiii! Even if she’s in a relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.