The things that 'grind your gears' thread...

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
More control freak shit.
What consenting partners agree on in the bedroom is up to them, not up to Bree.
NBN shouldn't be instructing the public in redneck vigilante bullshit, pretty childish.

Last edited:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Caught a taxi home last night to avoid the train chaos. The curry muncher wouldn't stop telling me about all the customers who do runners or don't pay the fare and how he's getting ripped off. Did my head in.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Caught a taxi home last night to avoid the train chaos. The curry muncher wouldn't stop telling me about all the customers who do runners or don't pay the fare and how he's getting ripped off. Did my head in.
Zee was trying to indicate he didn't trust you :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
Zee was trying to indicate he didn't trust you :D
Usually during the cab fare sometimes I bring up the fact that I got a cab charge from work just to calm the guys down lol. This guy still wouldn't STFU about getting ripped off.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Usually during the cab fare sometimes I bring up the fact that I got a cab charge from work just to calm the guys down lol. This guy still wouldn't STFU about getting ripped off.
I have an Indian cabby a paper cab charge once in 2016, when he looked at it he said this looks very old
I told him it's all good, it was one I found in my wallet that I had since 2006
I think the company had changed its name about 2008

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alzheimer, being in the right carries a bit of weight in this country.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That's when you say, "You wouldn't have that problem if you drove for Uber"

Wahesh

Reaction score
I have an Indian cabby a paper cab charge once in 2016, when he looked at it he said this looks very old
I told him it's all good, it was one I found in my wallet that I had since 2006
I think the company had changed its name about 2008
Did he accept it though?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[Hacky McAxe, post: 3277274, member: 16351"]Screw taxis. I only take Uber now days. Always had nothing but problems with Taxis.
Uber takes advantage of drivers.[/QUOTE]

Every employer takes advantages of it's workers. Lets not just single out Uber.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Every employer takes advantages of it's workers. Lets not just single out Uber.
Compare the way the taxis are run to how Uber is run and you tell me who's being screwed!

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Compare the way the taxis are run to how Uber is run and you tell me who's being screwed!
All I really know about taxi driving as a profession is that it's a commission based pay. I almost applied to do it at one stage but it didn't seem overly lucrative without working very long hours for a variable income. And with the cost of living being pretty high compared to wages I think that outside of pretty wealthy areas that ratte of pay would be pretty poor given that where possible people will avoid what is essentially a luxury when other modes of public transport are more thrifty. I've never looked into Uber, but I'd assume something similar is in place as a remuneration package.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Uber drivers make more money than Taxi drivers, people catching Uber pay less than catching a Taxi. You know who gets screwed with Uber? The government. They're the only ones getting screwed 'cause they get less money from the deal.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All I really know about taxi driving as a profession is that it's a commission based pay. I almost applied to do it at one stage but it didn't seem overly lucrative without working very long hours for a variable income. And with the cost of living being pretty high compared to wages I think that outside of pretty wealthy areas that ratte of pay would be pretty poor given that where possible people will avoid what is essentially a luxury when other modes of public transport are more thrifty. I've never looked into Uber, but I'd assume something similar is in place as a remuneration package.
With Taxis the drivers have to buy a license for their cab (which costs about $300k), then a majority of the fare goes to the taxi company and the government while the drivers get what's left over. With Uber most of the money goes to the driver with a small percentage that goes to Uber (admin fee) and 10% government tax (recently introduced, previously there was no government tax)

If you talk to Uber drivers a lot of them are ex-Taxi drivers who rave about how much better Uber is. The only ones that hate Uber are the government ('cause they're getting less money) and the Taxi drivers.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck me dead seems like they have done everything cept call the fucking cops at the time of the alleged incidents.
Unless some charges are starting to get laid and people getting convicted its going to backfire real bad.
The Kesha one has been around for a long time though. Kesha sued her producer back in 2014 for sexual assault. He counter-sued her for defamation. The case ran until 2017 when she dropped the charges then she recorded that Praying song about her sexual assault.

The courts couldn't find any evidence that she was telling the truth and there was enough doubt to think that she was lying (at the time she was trying to get out of her contract). So she could be telling the truth or she could be lying but Hollywood has already found the guy 100% guilty.