Australia Day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That's not necessarily true. It does still affect people today.

It's similar to the slavery issue in America.

Socio-economic statuses tend to be a cyclical process, by that I mean that statistically people follow or stay in the class their parents were in previous generations. And these breaks from cyclical classes do happen but are very very rare (statistically).

Hence the argument in Australia's case (and America's slavery history) is that the effects of 100s of years ago are still being felt by today's generation given that people are raised in a lower socioeconomic class and were not provided the same opportunities as others. And as much as people don't wish to admit it, having the "right " parents plays a major part in who you are and your ability to be successful in life
I'm still scared by Germans, Japanese, Vikings etc.......
[emoji23]

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Im sick of oppressing people, it's hard work. If only my ancestors hadnt been sentenced to death on a penile colony for stealing bread...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm still scared by Germans, Japanese, Vikings etc.......
[emoji23]
Kind of not the point though.

If the Japanese erected a statue in Darwin and celebrated the bombing of the harbour in 1942 every February, you might be on the right track.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Im sick of oppressing people, it's hard work. If only my ancestors hadnt been sentenced to death on a penile colony for stealing bread...
If you were sentenced to death, I don't think you would be sent to a colony that has a weird connected to the male sexual organ.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Kind of not the point though.

If the Japanese erected a statue in Darwin and celebrated the bombing of the harbour in 1942 every February, you might be on the right track.
If you were sentenced to death, I don't think you would be sent to a colony that has a weird connected to the male sexual organ.
Their replies form the basis of what people call privilege

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
my Australia day is July 1 , 2000, cos that's when I first came to Australia.

Since then Australia has become a far batter place to live than it was before Jul 1, 2000.

facts are facts.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Sorry I meant to say LGBQTI penile orientated colony death..

By the way for all the homophobes reading on.. when you die they stick a butt plug in you to stop the leakage.

Eternity, with a butt plug...Is that not already enough reparation for my ancestors homophobia

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Their replies form the basis of what people call privilege
Not necessarily. I just dont know what the hell a penile colony is. Do you get sent there and the punishment is getting slapped around by penises?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Since then Australia has become a far batter place to live than it was before Jul 1, 2000.

facts are facts.
You should apply to call it "Indian Dog Day".

I could do with another day off.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

facts are facts.
Perception is to each his own

Happy you are living and happy in this fine land

I will think of that and everyone else as I enjoy celebrating the current official Australia Day as I do every year

I do so with great respect to this amazing country

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Not necessarily. I just dont know what the hell a penile colony is. Do you get sent there and the punishment is getting slapped around by penises?
Come on man I dont want to edit it! Straya is more a penile colony now then it has ever been

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol
Every year is the same
It don't matter what day Australia Day is held

Haters are going to hate as they say

As a proud Australian I will celebrate the day for all it is and will do so till the day I die

The haters can go on as they please

Makes no difference to me

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol I can’t believe this is even a fucken debate. The people crying and screaming the loudest aren’t and never were even personally affected in any way besides politically. All the powers that Be are just preying on this topic for political power gain. They don’t give a fuck about abos anymore then regular folk do.

I say if people are that ashamed we should allocate who can actually talk about this because apparently white people arent allowed to talk about blacks and what not coz they’re ‘white’ so I think anyone that comes from a background where their native country has done evil in the past like genocides, opressing the massses etc, they should as well not be allowed to talk on the matter. That’s if we’re able to not have double standards and hypocrisy if we’re willing to agree whites shouldn’t be able to talk about certain things coz they’re ‘white’.

Happy offensive Australia Day. I remember Vegas being very offended by the lamb add a few years back that suggested you’re a girl or *** if you didn’t eat lamb lol.
Fkn vegans

Status
Not open for further replies.