Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
As Jerry Seinfeld said: "if I like the race, how is that racist?"
Odd thing about that. I love comedy, but I hate most Jewish comedy because of Jerry Seinfeld. I don't know what it was but he just annoyed the hell out of me.

That said, my favourite comedian of all time is one of the most Jewish comedians ever. Mel Brookes. So I'm racially torn

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Odd thing about that. I love comedy, but I hate most Jewish comedy because of Jerry Seinfeld. I don't know what it was but he just annoyed the hell out of me.

That said, my favourite comedian of all time is one of the most Jewish comedians ever. Mel Brookes. So I'm racially torn
Dunno...
Some of his humour was "jewish" but most was just observational?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dunno...
Some of his humour was "jewish" but most was just observational?
Mainly. But he incorporated a lot of Jewish humour into his stuff. Mainly through the mannerisms used by the supporting cast and the parent related comedy. Jerry's stand up and his work in the series was just observational.

Then again the show was mainly written by Larry David who is also situational but mainly Jewish.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Isn't there supposed to be a spaceballs 2 coming out
Brookes said that he's making it but there's no real confirmation that it exists or anyone is actually working on it. Could also be difficult without John Candy.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
It's just seriously disappointing that the NRL thinks that putting Macklemore on to song about SSM is somehow going to make the game more inclusive.

It's extremely divisive and of course people are going to feel the game is becoming (excuse the pun) a political football.

Fk me, I want to go to the footy to switch off from political issues and that sort
Of garbage.

Now we have to endure some Cock smoking yank, acting high and mighty, when we are supposed to be getting revved up for the biggest game of the year.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Rugby league brings people of all persuasions together because as a sport it unites. It does not divide us by taking stances on political issues.

League brings people from different races, backgrounds, different upbringings, different sexualities. But as soon as you introduce a political stance, you divide rugby league supporters into the bunch who support SSM and the bunch who don't.

Fkn sack Todd Greenberg.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's just seriously disappointing that the NRL thinks that putting Macklemore on to song about SSM is somehow going to make the game more inclusive.

It's extremely divisive and of course people are going to feel the game is becoming (excuse the pun) a political football.

Fk me, I want to go to the footy to switch off from political issues and that sort
Of garbage.

Now we have to endure some Cock smoking yank, acting high and mighty, when we are supposed to be getting revved up for the biggest game of the year.
But but but you were going to vote yes until the yes campaigners rammed their opinions down your throat

Hahahahahahahahaha

Your bigotry is all on display for everyone to see.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
But but but you were going to vote yes until the yes campaigners rammed their opinions down your throat

Hahahahahahahahaha

Your bigotry is all on display for everyone to see.
They do try so hard to say they are all about rational arguments, facts even...

Nek minnut...

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny enough the bible has a good saying on this "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's. clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" lol. An avid bolt & tony abbott fan that was going to vote yes, c'mon lol. I far more respect realists views, at least he is straight up and honest about it.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone watching from home really sit through the pre game / halftime entertainment?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny enough the bible has a good saying on this "Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's. clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves" lol. An avid bolt & tony abbott fan that was going to vote yes, c'mon lol. I far more respect realists views, at least he is straight up and honest about it.
Exactly.

While I disagree with realist about nearly everything at least he is honourable and can straight up give his beliefs.

But Britt came into this thread claiming he wanted civil discussion and that he was going to vote yes but he got turned off and now wants to vote no. Claiming the yes/"left" were violent, were uncivilized and were bullying people, All the while completely ignoring the shit that came out of his own mouth and making excuses for the actions of people on his side of the fence.

Wasn't hard to spot his bullshit from day 1, I called it out immediately

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I'm disappointed for you guys that you have such small brains and shallow outlooks that you think that as soon as anyone exhibits any interest in a particular person, they instantly share all of those people's views.

I stand by my point - introducing politics to rugby league will only serve to divide fans, and not bring them together.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone watching from home really sit through the pre game / halftime entertainment?
Never from home or at the game

I'm watching footy because I want to watch the footy. I couldn't care less about the other entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.