Gay marriage plebiscite - Result YES to SSM

Should the law be changed to allow same-sex couples to marry?

• Yes

• No

• Not Voting

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It was a comment on your "can't argue" comment. Only people to argue what you said would be pedos.
All i was saying is that it can't be denied that a lot of people within the catholic church knew about these sick acts and worked to cover them up in multiple countries over a long period of time, who knows how long this kind of thing really happened for.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
All i was saying is that it can't be denied that a lot of people within the catholic church knew about these sick acts and worked to cover them up in multiple countries over a long period of time, who knows how long this kind of thing really happened for.
Which is why I hope there is a special section in hell for all the ***** involved.

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the fog is starting to clear about this debate

- John Howard came out to clear the air and crystallise the far reaching social impacts, you can't trade one groups position for another.

- now Bill Shorten and Malcolm Turnbull have acknowledged religious freedoms as more important than gay marriage

- political commentators are now acknowledging the yes campaign as being bullys, bombarding and forcing their opinions on others and totally approaching this matter the wrong way

I think the yes campaigners have with their ill approach acted to drive voters to vote No, The LBGTBI community will learn that Australians don't like being told what to think.

When the no vote gets up, the LGBTBI community will be credited with an own goal.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think the yes campaigners have with their ill approach acted to drive voters to vote No, The LBGTBI community will learn that Australians don't like being told what to think.
The irony of your comment (based on your comments in this thread) are absolutely astounding.

"The LBGTBI community will learn that Australian's don't like being told what to think.... but I'm going to force my narrowminded view onto everyone else and claim it's the right view".

How very narrowminded of you.

As mentioned about 1000 times already in this thread, the vote means NOTHING. It's an opinion poll. It means NOTHING from a legal standpoint.

If 99% of the country vote NO, the government can still pass the changes to marriage act.

So.... I'm really sorry to burst your bubble... but whilst a NO vote majority might have you cracking a raging boner, the reality of the situation is it's not a matter of IF, but a matter of WHEN the law is changed to include same sex marriage...

We are the only major first world country (outside Asia and Arabia) to not allow it. Given we are a leading first world country, the anti SSM campaigners are only buying time celebrating a win (if there is one), because eventually same sex marriage willbe allowed.. it's just when.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
After 10 minutes of looking at the photo I realised that she has a really ugly face.
I haven't seen here face yet,
My eyes went straight to the tits,
Then down to her box, then back to the tits,
I then looked for the man @Mr Invisible referenced then back to the tits, till I got bored

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The irony of your comment (based on your comments in this thread) are absolutely astounding.

"The LBGTBI community will learn that Australian's don't like being told what to think.... but I'm going to force my narrowminded view onto everyone else and claim it's the right view".

How very narrowminded of you.

As mentioned about 1000 times already in this thread, the vote means NOTHING. It's an opinion poll. It means NOTHING from a legal standpoint.

If 99% of the country vote NO, the government can still pass the changes to marriage act.

So.... I'm really sorry to burst your bubble... but whilst a NO vote majority might have you cracking a raging boner, the reality of the situation is it's not a matter of IF, but a matter of WHEN the law is changed to include same sex marriage...

We are the only major first world country (outside Asia and Arabia) to not allow it. Given we are a leading first world country, the anti SSM campaigners are only buying time celebrating a win (if there is one), because eventually same sex marriage willbe allowed.. it's just when.
I'm with him,

Being an atheist, I have no real reason to vote no,

I mean, to me, what's it matter if same sex are legally able to be married,
It doesn't change my life at all.

So I intended to vote yes, and probably will. My letter has arrived, I just have to vote and remember to post it........

But in saying that, the yes voters have been nothing but arragant and intolerant of the no voters to the point of frustrating.

I kinda annoyed by them,

Given I am relatively meh on the topic, and inclined to be a yes voter myself, it shows how over the top the yes voters have been, if it's been able to sway me.

I might just not vote at all.

By the way,
I did buisness and through that got to know a gay couple very well.

Extreamly nice guys, completely against the Mardi Gra and just regular guys in most ways except their sexual preference

They have adopted 2 kids, and are very well off and providing those children a wonderful life with opotunities they wouldn't have had otherwise,

They wanted to be married and share the same surname and have that same surname with their children to make their family as normal as possible.

For them, the yes vote is very important, and it's important to their children, to share the same surname as a family would help the kids feel more like the other kids at school,

Reactions: Kaz

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not marriage.. The fundamental requirements are not met so how can it be?
What are the fundamental requirements?

I assume you referring male and female?

In this modern age, the word married is used in many contexts when describing the coming together of 2 things,

On building sites, you often hear tradies use the term, marry, when discussing how objects need to come together.

Example,
2 guys may be discussing how they are going to do somthing on the roof line,

They may say,

The brick work continues along that side and marries into the plasterwork on that side....

That roofline needs to come down and marry into that section of wall over there, and so on and so on.

To me, marriage is the coming together of 2 things,

Any 2 things,

Man and woman

Man and man,

Woman and man

Roof and wall,

What ever,

So to me, the fundamental of the term marriage is simply 2 things integrated into 1

I think that was always the case way back when the word was created.

I strongly doubt it was ever exclusive to a man and woman union, but more applied in that context,

That's my best guess anyway,

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

In this modern age, the word married is used in many contexts when describing the coming together of 2 things,

On building sites, you often hear tradies use the term, marry, when discussing how objects need to come together.

Example,

They may say,

The brick work continues along that side and marries into the plasterwork on that side....

That roofline needs to come down and marry into that section of wall over there, and so on and so on.

Any 2 things,

Man and woman

Man and man,

Woman and man

Roof and wall,

What ever,

So to me, the fundamental of the term marriage is simply 2 things integrated into 1

I strongly doubt it was ever exclusive to a man and woman union, but more applied in that context,

Tank and Lamborghini? Lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Example,

They may say,

Any 2 things,

Man and woman

Man and man,

Woman and man

Roof and wall,

What ever,

I'm referring to the marriage act and focussing on why it's specifically defines a man and a woman .

IMG_20170916_102830.jpg

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If a straight guy tells a gay guy to "eat a dick", is that hate speech? Or just a suggestion? Lol

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
But we really shouldn't care, only reason i got married is because of my faith. If the gays stay away from my faith then it's all good.

Live and let live
I couldn't care less whether gays got married but I'm an adult . Its the inference on children that worries me.
Id vote yes if I was assured that children aren't going to be influenced into thinking being gay is mainstream stuff .
when children see two men getting married , then to them its mainstream stuff and has the potential to steer them into a lifestyle they wouldn't naturally choose.
I could be wrong but I think its a fair concern

Status
Not open for further replies.