Reni and Mase on Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The club needs to act fast if they want to resuscitate the club.
Mortimer and lamb should join forces and take over the place

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I watched an interview years ago with himself reni and Tonga. Even then Mason wished they had all stayed together and built a dynasty. But he admitted their ego was too big and they thought they were bigger than the club. These guys love the club still.

Give me egos and wankers anyday over the bunch of softcocks we have now

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because the opinions of:
a) a guy who walked out on the club, continually dragged it's name in the dirt, and lasted 14 games in Super League ; and
b) a guy continually dragged it's name in the dirt, and used performance enhancing drugs.

really matter...
Yeah i guess Terry Lamb and Turvey's opinion doesn't matter either when they are saying the same thing........

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
still mace and reni and sbw biggest miss oppotunity was 2006 vs broncos ,end of an era

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The bit that stood out for me was when Reni felt like an outsider when he re-joined in 2014. That sums up the atmosphere at the club. It's changed. The players don't look like they would die for each other. It looks as though they go out there with an individual target set by Hasler. They don't look like a team. Hence why he doesn't drop anyone. Each player seems to reach the targets set by Hasler irrespective of whether the team actually wins the game.

The teams from the 80's through to the premiership team of 2004 really seemed to have a closeness that this team doesn't. That has to come down to the coaching and the lack of past players in the organisation. Remember Hasler brought all his own staff with him.

Malla

Reaction score
The bit that stood out for me was when Reni felt like an outsider when he re-joined in 2014. That sums up the atmosphere at the club. It's changed. The players don't look like they would die for each other. It looks as though they go out there with an individual target set by Hasler. They don't look like a team. Hence why he doesn't drop anyone. Each player seems to reach the targets set by Hasler irrespective of whether the team actually wins the game.

The teams from the 80's through to the premiership team of 2004 really seemed to have a closeness that this team doesn't. That has to come down to the coaching and the lack of past players in the organisation. Remember Hasler brought all his own staff with him.
That's how he coaches I think - he sets individual targets for players for the game and as long as they reach that target, they achieved that they needed to achieve. Also what stood out was that what we did in 2012 that was successful hasn't been successful since yet we are still doing it (forwards initiating a ball out the back). He did the same thing at Manly.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Times change....and the game had changed heaps in recent times. Hard to make comparisons and say this or that person would excel in today's game, as it's changed so much.

William Mason wouldn't be anywhere near the powerhouse he was in his era, in today's game.

Shoulder charge and cheap shot merchants get pulled up in today's game.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Times change....and the game had changed heaps in recent times. Hard to make comparisons and say this or that person would excel in today's game, as it's changed so much.

William Mason wouldn't be anywhere near the powerhouse he was in his era, in today's game.

Shoulder charge and cheap shot merchants get pulled up in today's game.
He was talking sense when he said the reason tolman makes 40 tackles in a game is because he's soft.
If you hit hard, ain't no-one running at you 39 more times.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. Des must go. BUT lets no forget Mason went about destroying our club at one stage as well. Bit rich for him to come in now and have his piece.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
One of these Guys I have never heard of in my life, Maitua the Junkie, and little Willie the Goose lol very riveting interview:worried:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yet people will still support Des. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.