Why Des Hasler won't be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok let's look at it

1. Hopoate - too slow to add anything in attack, too slow to chase players who break the line. This solely falls on hasler it's not hoppas fault for being placed there

2. Brett Morris - underperforming he's to blame
3. Josh Morris - doesn't get any early ball because of haslers tactics
4. Chase Stanley - has been solid in his showings even though he gets little ball
5. Montoya - been fine
6. Reynolds - been no good this year is moving on next year
7. Frawley - started off good but being constantly shifted around has seemed to have a detrimental effect on him. This is on des
8. Tolman - should never have been re signed, The is completely on hasler and his tactics
9. Mbye - ABOUT FUCKING TIME HE STARTS AT HOOKER. This is completely on hasler
10. Graham - same as tolman and more valuable than tolman
11. Jackson - has done good
12. Elliot - should not be starting, this position shoyld be RFMs. This is all on des
13. Klemmer - should be prop not wasted at lock. This is completely on des because he refuses to drop either tolman or graham to the bench

Notable mentions

Brenko Lee - was our best attacking weapon.and he struggled playing next to frawley and holland. Lee was dropped even though penrith ran through frawley for 3 tries

Eastwood - should not have been re signed, he's been on a downward slope. Completely on des

Good constructive post Dude, I agree with most of what you have posted here except for Elliot, RFM was a hand full when he came on last Thursday, I thought he had his best game all year. I still am not convinced on Frawley, not sure what it is but, there is something missing.
I think Desmond is giving Brenco a kick up the Ass at the moment and you are right BMoz has a leg injury he is carrying and is underperforming and I wish Des would give young Lewis a go in the half's
Foran will make huge difference to the team next year and hopefully fix our spine issues, time will tell and Ditto on M'Bye.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't blame the world on Hasler when seventeen blokes run on the field wearing the blue V and can't put it together, don't tell me these blokes make first grade and don't know how it goes.
I think you underestimate the amount of control Hasler has over the players. Just look at the comments Ennis and L Perrett have made recently about how good it was to play outside of structure once they left the Bulldogs. That Des gives you a very specific job and that's all you are allowed to do.

I even wonder at this point if the players would even be able to play a different way, it would probably take an entire season of Des being gone to rewire their brains.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Good constructive post Dude, I agree with most of what you have posted here except for Elliot, RFM was a hand full when he came on last Thursday, I thought he had his best game all year. I still am not convinced on Frawley, not sure what it is but, there is something missing.
I think Desmond is giving Brenco a kick up the Ass at the moment and you are right BMoz has a leg injury he is carrying and is underperforming and I wish Des would give young Lewis a go in the half's
Foran will make huge difference to the team next year and hopefully fix our spine issues, time will tell and Ditto on M'Bye.
I'm not convinced by frawley either but he's already shown he's better than Reynolds and mbye as a half.

Brenko won't get back into 1st grade, des saw him as the problem and des is a stubborn fuck. I mean that game against penrith, I could see Isaiah yo running at frawley because he did it the week before against shaun Johnson for the warriors.

So once he ran OVER frawley it put brenko into doubts when defending and keeping an eye on frawley. And that's when you got the clusterfuck down that side.

Frawley not a good defender, Ben hunt showed that last Thursday.

But des being the stubborn **** he is, thinks he's 100% right and won't reverse the brenko Lee dropping.

RFM has showed how valuable he is attacking and given the season has been dead for us for a few weeks (des would know this he just has to present a not give up face to the media) then start RFM and get him to work on his defence with IN GAME EXPERIENCE

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
No doubt some of the blame falls on him but even with the team he has assembled there is no way we should be -89 sitting in 13th position. We should atleast be challenging for 8th spot. 30+ floggings are down to the attitude in the team.

Cant agree there mate, some of the blame ?? Its a good 99.9% .
He assembles the sqaud and the game plan.how many times have we tried to defend a lead for 60mins when we are 4 to 6 in front. Why has hasler got Tolman on every 4th tackle hitting it up 2 meters. By the 4th we should have a deep backline set up ready for an attacking play.why run on the 5th 20 meteres out from tbe opposition line and settle it there .we should be bombing the shit out of wingers contesting for the ball, putting low stabbing grubbers in their in goal pushing for a try or drop out. Every single team has figured out our attack. We have none hasler just wants the completions thinking holding on the ball and getting a high completion rate will win the game.he has the team trained like robots. As soon as an opposition plays ad lib footy we get screwed because its not to plan.
Why do we have absolutely no line speed ? Why do we never pressure the opposition?
Why after 6 years we cant even have one half to steer the team around ? We have a hooker that can't pass which puts at a disadvantage from the get go. Fowards getting in a first reciver in the way all the time.
6 years to have the problems addressed , tweeked and sorted to be a competitive sqaud. He has done absolutely nothing to rectify any problem and refuses to admit what he is doing is not working at all.
If anyone else is to blame or share it, its dib for extending this sheer madness

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exhibit A, Tolman VS Tamou.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Declining crowds & memberships as well as kids not wanting to support a boring, losing team should come into consideration. I am a member and will turn up to the remaining games, but it is a low feeling to know at this stage of the comp we won't make the finals. I expect to see that reflected in the dismal crowds over the next 6 weeks not a good look for any club particularly one that told everyone their goal was 2 premierships by 2019 - Lol [emoji23] There is also the challenge of resigning members next year.
Richo, each to their own and I don't begrudge anyone that wants to go to the games. Here's the thing, normally at this time of the year the dogs are getting 30k to the games and a game like parra next week if we were in contention of the finals would get 50k+. They'll be lucky to get half that, I say 15k and ten will be parra supporters. Whether people want to protest, boycott or however they want to vent their frustrations we ALL must do something to stop this rot. There are fans saying that they have had enough so what are you/we going to do about it?

The problem is we can't all agree to organise something to try and achieve change. We are not screaming the house down enough. We are not standing up for what we believe is good for the club. We all want to say shit on here and social media we should do this and we should do that and this and that should happen and he should be going. But nothing has changed. We the fans got our arses whipped by the board when they re-signed Des. They don't give two shits about us because all we have done is show how good we are as keyboard warriors. I am saying we, me included because I have been calling for boycott and protest but can't get enough support and no one wants to have the balls to proceed with it in big numbers and this is telling the board we are divided. I don't know many ppl on here so I don't know how to get numbers to convince people we need to take action. Is someone on here that can take the bull by the horns and convince the mass fans we need to take action and collectively hit the club where it hurts?

Isn't what we are seeing enough? I've cancelled my membership this year but let's all do something in mass numbers, I can't take another year of this shit. Suggestions?
...BTW this isn't taking a shot at you just carried on from your post.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This is what gives me the shits most , when people say, we cant blame Hasler for players poor performances OR he took us to 2 GFs and top 8 every year.... there are numerous other clubs like titan, eels, warriors, tigers, who would love to be in our position.... well fuck that!

When i buy a a million dollar Ferrari Enzo, I do not go and race it with my mate Hundai Excel and compare its performance with turbo charged Daihatsu Fucken Charade.

I HAVE PAID FUCKEN TOP MOST DOLLAR FOR MY CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If my Ferrari Enzo cant beat a Holden Berlina on holden street in lakema,, I WILL SHOVE THAT FERRARI UP ENZO ARSE AND WOULD WANT MY FUCKEN MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: DT

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really hard to say what will happen around the Leagues Club releasing funds to pay out Des' contract but I think it's fair to assume if Dib decides and then manages to get rid of Des it will be during next season at the earliest, for the following reasons:

1 Des will already be earning his new contract next year so he will only then be paid out the final year of his contract - sounds a much better story in the papers and on the books
2 Our key signings for next year who signed on with Des as coach won't be unsettled before they arrive
3 If we happen to be in advanced negotiations with other key players then Dib won't be wanting to lose them
4 Finally, it seems the player clean out is slowly underway so Des will still be there to do all the dirty work, which would leave a clean slate for a new coach.

Have no club contacts on the inside but seems the logical way things would play out.

Last edited:

mixa79

Waterboy
Reaction score
My opinion is des will get the ass at end of season dean pay will be coach and ray Dib that piece of shit will be gone as well. Bring back the Hughes boys in recruitment and management sort out Mortimer and all will be back to the good old days. Get rid of this scum managerial hidden agenda shit we don't need it

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Really hard to say what will happen around the Leagues Club releasing funds to pay out Des' contract but I think it's fair to assume if Dib decides and then manages to get rid of Des it will be during next season at the earliest, for the following reasons:

1 Des will already be earning his new contract next year so he will only then be paid out the final year of his contract - sounds a much better story in the papers and on the books
2 Our key signings for next year who signed on with Des as coach won't be unsettled before they arrive
3 If we happen to be in advanced negotiations with other key players then he won't be wanting to lose them
4 Finally, it seems the player clean out is slowly underway so Des will still be there to doing all the dirty work, which would leave a clean slate for a new coach.

Have no club contacts on the inside but seems the logical way things would play out.
Unless of course your a player looking in on Canterbury and you think, "fuk they have the worse style and so many blokes careers have gone backwards or been destroyed, I would never go there while Des is there". Especially if you are an attacking player and your contract worth is linked to this fact. Let's face it, we haven't attracted any quality signings while Des has been at the club and I wonder why that is? Even traditionally bad clubs for attracting players have signed better than us in the last few seasons......has to be a reason for that? I can't imagine that around the lockers rooms we would be a high valued place to sign with??

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unless of course your a player looking in on Canterbury and you think, "fuk they have the worse style and so many blokes careers have gone backwards or been destroyed, I would never go there while Des is there". Especially if you are an attacking player and your contract worth is linked to this fact. Let's face it, we haven't attracted any quality signings while Des has been at the club and I wonder why that is? Even traditionally bad clubs for attracting players have signed better than us in the last few seasons......has to be a reason for that? I can't imagine that around the lockers rooms we would be a high valued place to sign with??
I think of this every time Cronk is mentioned as a possible signing on these forums. I think "why the fuck would he wanna sign with us". Hes played with top NRL players for years under coach's with high credentials. Still, Im not a mind reader.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man, people give me shit for writing essays.

Hasler's reign of terror has turned every Kenneler into Jessica Fletcher.

And after all of our pain and frustration, the club still don't care or listen.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not convinced. Something has to give. The fans have had a gutful. There is no way he will see out his contract. It will reach boiling point. Only a matter of time.

I have never seen so much hate towards a dogs coach or the club than now.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Your right but the essays show our passion, unfortunately we need to take action. All the threads and post are going round in circles. Even Des's game plan is hitting the kennel

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not convinced. Something has to give. The fans have had a gutful. There is no way he will see out his contract. It will reach boiling point. Only a matter of time.

I have never seen so much hate towards a dogs coach or the club than now.

sorry to let you know, but kennel doesn't represent anywhere close to the majority of bulldogs fans or their opinions.

last belmore game was a proof where the stadium was reasonably full despite big calls for the ban belmore game.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
sorry to let you know, but kennel doesn't represent anywhere close to the majority of bulldogs fans or their opinions.

last belmore game was a proof where the stadium was reasonably full despite big calls for the ban belmore game.
Your probably right but ex players, long term members, club legends have spoken. Besides why would the club need a forum to address angry fans after the Penrith game? I can't recall this happening ever? The pressure is on.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Poor management to hire a guy and then sack him only 2 months later.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Your probably right but ex players, long term members, club legends have spoken. Besides why would the club need a forum to address angry fans after the Penrith game? I can't recall this happening ever? The pressure is on.

i wish the "angry" fans were addressed after the penrith game.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Your post was tldr

Fucking people writing essays

Status
Not open for further replies.