Why Des Hasler won't be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we lose the next 6 games then surely Hasler's position becomes untenable and he has to go?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we are stuck with shit for brains Hasler, fucked for another 2 seasons FUUUUCCCKKKK, Hasler might be safe but that doesn't mean shitstain dib can't be given the flick at the next election and hopefully members who can vote should vote Mr shitstain (dib) out.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mr I.
Why are you always having a go at people on the forum for believing what they read in the papers, social media etc. and then have the hide to post an article/video by other journos like it's gospel? Just wondering.
Not saying this piece of media is right or wrong (I admit I wouldn't have a clue) I just find some of your posts very annoying and the way you write them extremely condescending. You always sound like a school teacher handing out the lessons. Anyway that's probably not your intention that's just how it comes across.
Oh didn't you know you can believe everything you read when it fits your agenda

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing that shits me is dub and castles came out early on this year and said our form at the moment is a bit down. But judge us at the end of the season. Even after keeping Hasler for 18-19 a lot of the press asked about next season and they said we are excited for this season too and we are expecting big things.

Not sure how more delusional you can get. And sitting outside the top 12 I guess we can judge this season fairly well? Or will their excuse be judge us next season with our new signings? Then next season will be judge us the year after because now the team knows each other better.

RichoDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Declining crowds & memberships as well as kids not wanting to support a boring, losing team should come into consideration. I am a member and will turn up to the remaining games, but it is a low feeling to know at this stage of the comp we won't make the finals. I expect to see that reflected in the dismal crowds over the next 6 weeks not a good look for any club particularly one that told everyone their goal was 2 premierships by 2019 - Lol [emoji23] There is also the challenge of resigning members next year.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The counter to that though is that the football club have the majority seats on the leagues club board and are the only club that does, so if the football club wants money they can force it from the leagues club if put to a vote. The reality though is that both boards are highly stable and work closely together. They both understand that the stronger the team is the stronger the leagues club is and they are working on that. Will they part with cash? Maybe, maybe not. The reno's are hitting their bottom line this year and probably next year and so they probably don't have the cash to throw into getting rid of the coach. That is the more likely issue.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Any which way it's going to result in Dib and others getting sacked 'cause they're the ones who signed him on for another 2 years. So at least we won't have anyone left to sign him again.

Reactions: DT

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I read an article recently that stated we spend around $23m on the football department a season..

They have the money and if the REALLY wanted to sack him and move forward then they would.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm hypothetical...

APRIL 2017 - Des Hasler renewed for another 2 years.
MAY 2017 - Raelene "resigns" from the club.

I'm sure peeople can read into where I'm going with that train of thought.

Those numbers are pretty inaccurate the Leagues Club gives a lot more then $1-2 million. The fact that both boards work closely and share members I'm sure if they wanted to stump up the money they would.

Dean Ritchie and Fat Zorba are long time friends of Des so they have their own agenda to run so it's another case of don't believe what you read...
It explains why there is no action against Des. There is no reason (outside a financial one) not to terminate his contract, and Richie and Zorba are right, it'd make the entire board look incapable if he was sacked so early after a renewal.

But as (I think it was Oatley Dog) mentioned... if it goes beyond November, Des (and any payout) will be included in the clubs support staff salary cap.

So it's a very tricky situation really, but only lack of funds explains why they wouldn't act.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Declining crowds & memberships as well as kids not wanting to support a boring, losing team should come into consideration. I am a member and will turn up to the remaining games, but it is a low feeling to know at this stage of the comp we won't make the finals. I expect to see that reflected in the dismal crowds over the next 6 weeks not a good look for any club particularly one that told everyone their goal was 2 premierships by 2019 - Lol [emoji23] There is also the challenge of resigning members next year.
Might be why Des is still around. We can still make 2 premierships by 2019 lol. As long as we win 18 and 19.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We are going to get flogged by penrith tommorow. Fmd i am not going to bother watching. I am going to tip penrith to beat us 50-0

Reactions: DT

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
The majority of the directors sit on both boards so they are ultimately the ones who will decide whether or not they will pay Des out. if they make a decision they will be acting for both the club and leagues club.

Let's not forget the leagues club forked out an extra $1.2mil to build his centre of excellence and put cameras on every inch of Belmore. When they weigh up how much revenue they he club would have lost this year and will lose next year it is probably a smart investment.

Let's also not forget that Ritchie is very much a Des man and Zorba is a manly man and des' bud from way back. Just yesterday Ritchie defended two coaches. Daley was one, who he works with and Hasler was the other. Funnily enough they were the only two coaches who paid tribute to him when he celebrated 30yrs as a RL journo.

Good video interview here with Dean Richie and Zorba, highlighting why Des will not be sacked.

Something everyone here should probably watch..

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ray-for-des-hasler/1dbxin1gmp2dv14ugi93dr11jy

For those who can't be bothered to watch, it's as I explained in another thread.

Football Club (who employ Des/Raelene/Dib sits on board) rely on grants from the Leagues Club (where Dib is a board member and Peponis is the chairman).

Football club can't financially afford $1 million to pay Des's contract out.

Leagues Club will NOT hand over $1 million to the Football Club simply to piss it away getting rid of Des. It will not happen. Leagues Club only give the club $1-2 million a year to operate.

So that's the issue. Like it or not we've got Des till end of his contract.

Sorry!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm hypothetical...

APRIL 2017 - Des Hasler renewed for another 2 years.
MAY 2017 - Raelene "resigns" from the club.

I'm sure peeople can read into where I'm going with that train of thought.

It explains why there is no action against Des. There is no reason (outside a financial one) not to terminate his contract, and Richie and Zorba are right, it'd make the entire board look incapable if he was sacked so early after a renewal.

But as (I think it was Oatley Dog) mentioned... if it goes beyond November, Des (and any payout) will be included in the clubs support staff salary cap.

So it's a very tricky situation really, but only lack of funds explains why they wouldn't act.
The main reason there's no action against Des is that Dib still backs him. Dibs dug himself such a deep hole now that he has no choice but to back Des all the way. If Dib changes his mind I have no doubt they would find the money.

It's hard to know exactly what the support staff salary cap entails just yet seeing as it hasn't even officially been put in place. Pay outs may not come under it or maybe they will.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The main reason there's no action against Des is that Dib still backs him. Dibs dug himself such a deep hole now that he has no choice but to back Des all the way. If Dib changes his mind I have no doubt they would find the money.

It's hard to know exactly what the support staff salary cap entails just yet seeing as it hasn't even officially been put in place. Pay outs may not come under it or maybe they will.
Yep basically this. Dib has backed him self into a corner.

There are others on the board who want Des gone but they simply don't have the numbers to vote him out.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
why does everyone think we automatically have to pay him out?

if he wants to continue his coaching career the worst thing he can do is sit out for long, getting closer to 60 and people thinking he is too old

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I really don't understand Dibs position of backing Hasler til death do them part.

If he wants to save his own ass, the only thing to do would be to sack Hasler and maybe all will be forgiven over time. It probably wouldn't, but that's his onky chance of saving his own ass.

By doing everything he can to prevent Hasler from getting sacked, Dib is just putting the nails in his own coffin.

Just when I think they can't get any dumber, they stoop to new depths of stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.