Why Des Hasler won't be sacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Good video interview here with Dean Richie and Zorba, highlighting why Des will not be sacked.

Something everyone here should probably watch..

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ray-for-des-hasler/1dbxin1gmp2dv14ugi93dr11jy

For those who can't be bothered to watch, it's as I explained in another thread.

Football Club (who employ Des/Raelene/Dib sits on board) rely on grants from the Leagues Club (where Dib is a board member and Peponis is the chairman).

Football club can't financially afford $1 million to pay Des's contract out.

Leagues Club will NOT hand over $1 million to the Football Club simply to piss it away getting rid of Des. It will not happen. Leagues Club only give the club $1-2 million a year to operate.

So that's the issue. Like it or not we've got Des till end of his contract.

Sorry!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
To disturb the status quo would confirm our club's obvious decline. It's easier to stay in denial and preserve the status quo.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
So eye brows must be lifted on the dickhead/s who locked us in for 2 more years without any room to move after a string of losses?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Des Out Brigade are in denial.

Why would you re-sign Des and sack him in the same year? It would make the club look even worse. This isn't the Tigers where players dictate who the coach is.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So eye brows must be lifted on the dickhead/s who locked us in for 2 more years without any room to move after a string of losses?
In Dib....shit we trust.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
In Dib....shit we trust.
Certainly will test how strong his support is then, he has painted himself into a corner. Can't get rid of Hasler to save his job if it's in danger without coming up with the cash to get rid of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Those numbers are pretty inaccurate the Leagues Club gives a lot more then $1-2 million. The fact that both boards work closely and share members I'm sure if they wanted to stump up the money they would.

Dean Ritchie and Fat Zorba are long time friends of Des so they have their own agenda to run so it's another case of don't believe what you read...

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So what you are saying is the leagues club refuse to 'piss away' a mil to get rid of Des but are prepared to watch major sponsors walk away and are prepared to watch the clubs reputation go up in flames (can't put a price on that damage)

Yeah, sound strategy.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good video interview here with Dean Richie and Zorba, highlighting why Des will not be sacked.

Something everyone here should probably watch..

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...ray-for-des-hasler/1dbxin1gmp2dv14ugi93dr11jy

For those who can't be bothered to watch, it's as I explained in another thread.

Football Club (who employ Des/Raelene/Dib sits on board) rely on grants from the Leagues Club (where Dib is a board member and Peponis is the chairman).

Football club can't financially afford $1 million to pay Des's contract out.

Leagues Club will NOT hand over $1 million to the Football Club simply to piss it away getting rid of Des. It will not happen. Leagues Club only give the club $1-2 million a year to operate.

So that's the issue. Like it or not we've got Des till end of his contract.

Sorry!
The Leagues Club not giving the Football Club $1m to pay out Des's contract is pure speculation, the two are very much tied together if the Football Club keeps going down hill it will eventually take the Leagues Club with it.
If this was to be the case the Leagues Club could loan $1m to the Football Club and in the next few years the Football Club could easily save $1m by shrewd releasing and signings, it would be much better than allowing Des to further damage our club, he has wasted much more than $1m a year in recent years.
I would not be surprised if some board members of the Leagues Club are really ropable by the Football Club's actions, anyway I thought that the Leagues Club was granting the Football Club something like $3m---$4m a year.

Kaltsos

Waterboy
Reaction score
Leagues club give about triple that per year. I know for a fact

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if the Board gets ousted lets assume, they can't sack Des?

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So if the Board gets ousted lets assume, they can't sack Des?
They can but they still have to pay him out.....no different to what this board can do.
Ousting the board just to sack Des won't make a difference to Des.
Choosing a new board would be only if we want a change post Des.

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mr I.
Why are you always having a go at people on the forum for believing what they read in the papers, social media etc. and then have the hide to post an article/video by other journos like it's gospel? Just wondering.
Not saying this piece of media is right or wrong (I admit I wouldn't have a clue) I just find some of your posts very annoying and the way you write them extremely condescending. You always sound like a school teacher handing out the lessons. Anyway that's probably not your intention that's just how it comes across.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im in no denial i want him gone to rebuild asap. Im also very aware its not likely to happen
Exactly right.

The time to get rid of him was either last November and pay him out a year or flick him mid season instead of re-signing him.

No way I can see him getting sacked before the end of 2018 and that only if we get a spoon next season.

We made our bed. Now we have to sleep in it.

The fact that we are in this situation at the moment with having to pay 1 million to pay out a coach that has been in 6 years of decline show how out of touch, out of their depth and how farcical the board, chairman and CEO are. No one stood up to say re-signing Hasler will be a mistake.... oh wait actually someone did and they got sacked.....

So in the end everyone one responsible for this mess should step down. They shouldn't even contest the next election because they have ripped the club apart and in the process kept on proclaiming we are in the best position possible with the best coach and best roster in the comp.....

If cba went from the top 3 banks to outside the top 10 heads would roll. So I can't see how castles and dib and co can keep on proclaiming Hasler as the messiah after not only our position this year, but our finish last year and re-signing a coach to a 1.5 million dollar extension after 4-5 games in the current season with an overall record of about 3-18 in all competitions (including trials and 9s) dating back to 2016.

Ok it's one thing not to be a reactive club but 6 years of decline..... even Newcastle wouldn't stand for that without doing something about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.